Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2010, 02:28 PM
Passionate Fan

They will probably have her wearing pants for the next 2 episodes until her leg scars heal more. Of course her walking with a slight limp could be written into the show.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Extreme Fan

Whoa, already? Didn't she break both bones in her leg? Or...well, that's what it sounded like when she was on Ellen. I must be mistaken, because both bones couldn't have healed that fast. Anyway, I'm glad her cast is off!
* Leonard|Penny * House|Cuddy * Foreman|Thirteen * Chase|Cameron * Booth|Brennan * Hodgins|Angela * Chuck|Sarah * Castle|Beckett *
Old 10-21-2010, 04:15 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

I really don't have any idea how these types of injuries heal... But maybe the metal that's in her leg now holding things together is why they could take the cast off? Since they're not really waiting for the bone to heal, cause the metal bars are holding them in place. Just a guess.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr

Last edited by ennaxor; 10-21-2010 at 06:32 PM
Old 10-21-2010, 05:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

Well - from the pictures of the x-ray's on Ellen - it looks like maybe there is not much bone there anymore.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:28 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emdancer (View Post)
Well - from the pictures of the x-ray's on Ellen - it looks like maybe there is not much bone there anymore.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking of, it looked like the metal was connecting the pieces with a gap between them.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:22 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpjmg (View Post)
Whoa, already? Didn't she break both bones in her leg? Or...well, that's what it sounded like when she was on Ellen. I must be mistaken, because both bones couldn't have healed that fast. Anyway, I'm glad her cast is off!
like you, I thought both bones were crushedin pieces.
Is it possible that they are giving her shots to numb her leg? Or it must be really painful.
I don't know why, I immediately thought about Duncan Keith, the hockey player from the Chicago BlackHawks. Last may another player smacked him in the face and he lost 7 teeth...and he came back 7 minutes later in the game after docs gave him several shots in the mouth. Bloody mouth. eeeewwwwwww
Anyway she's part cyborg now,so I guess she's also invicible and don't feel pain, who knows...
Old 10-21-2010, 06:24 PM
Extreme Fan

You could be right, Roxanne. I just figured she would have a cast for at least two months, since my friends who've had both bones broken had casts on for at least 15 weeks. Although they had worse injuries, with 7-9 screws in each bone. I guess Kaley healed well and fast enough for them to take the cast off, which is awesome.

I was looking at the x-rays they showed on Ellen, and it wasn't that clear, so I'm probably wrong, but it looked like a major break in her fibula and a minor fracture in her tibia. I was pretty sure I was wrong, because a complete fracture in only one bone doesn't exactly match her description of her leg "dangling." If there was a complete fracture in her tibia, I must have not seen it. She had five-ish (I think) screws in each bone, which does mean both were fractured to some extent. But if both were fractured with the same severity, the tibia would have more screws, since it's larger.

I'm sure someone else knows better than me. I took sports medicine over four years ago, so I can barely remember this injury stuff.
* Leonard|Penny * House|Cuddy * Foreman|Thirteen * Chase|Cameron * Booth|Brennan * Hodgins|Angela * Chuck|Sarah * Castle|Beckett *
Old 10-21-2010, 06:28 PM
Absolute Fan

or maybe she exagerated only a little to make the story a bit more interesting...?
Old 10-21-2010, 07:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

To me this really look very strong (that x-ray images.)
Generally who suffer fractures, no need to insert these pieces (on the bones)
I thought that Kaley's bone after that (broken) the missing part was replaced by these pieces. I think it was so. But these pieces will stay permanently in his leg. That must be super uncomfortable.

I just realized I need an interpreter. LOL
If anything I wrote to BAD or VERY BAD please help me to correct it. Thanks
Old 10-21-2010, 07:38 PM
Absolute Fan

no it's okay I understood everything Pam! That must be really uncomfortable for Kaley. Painful.
But I think for her it's more painful to stay home (emotionally, that is!).
Old 10-21-2010, 07:58 PM
Master Fan

Looks like the bones were crushed. Metal plates and pins are not only connecting bones but are also now serving as artificial limbs. That is why cast is off already. If they were just breaks then the cast would stay on for longer to allow fractured bones to heal. But since bones were crushed the metal is in its place. So no need to keep the cast on as long. I am sure she will have some sort or a soft splint to wear. I am sure she is going to have physical therapy. I would say she has a long road ahead of her. I can't even imagine what that must feel like. She is one tough cookie.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hi when I had my leg broke (by a car) they had to put a number of pins and small plate's in it I never had a hard cast on only a type of soft splint in case there was any swelling
Old 10-22-2010, 10:24 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by stock2007 (View Post)
Hi when I had my leg broke (by a car) they had to put a number of pins and small plate's in it I never had a hard cast on only a type of soft splint in case there was any swelling
Interesting. I guess it's just hard to compare since all injuries are different.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:49 AM
Passionate Fan

I believe that how quickly Kaley will be able to walk again without any artificial means will determine how much we see Penny on the upcoming episodes, unless they do more L/S apartment living room scenes where they all sit down and eat or hang out at the bar.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpjmg (View Post)
You could be right, Roxanne. I just figured she would have a cast for at least two months, since my friends who've had both bones broken had casts on for at least 15 weeks. Although they had worse injuries, with 7-9 screws in each bone. I guess Kaley healed well and fast enough for them to take the cast off, which is awesome.

I was looking at the x-rays they showed on Ellen, and it wasn't that clear, so I'm probably wrong, but it looked like a major break in her fibula and a minor fracture in her tibia. I was pretty sure I was wrong, because a complete fracture in only one bone doesn't exactly match her description of her leg "dangling." If there was a complete fracture in her tibia, I must have not seen it. She had five-ish (I think) screws in each bone, which does mean both were fractured to some extent. But if both were fractured with the same severity, the tibia would have more screws, since it's larger.

I'm sure someone else knows better than me. I took sports medicine over four years ago, so I can barely remember this injury stuff.
When I broke my arm-radius and ulna, my arm was Z shaped. But after 6 weeks I was perfectly fine. But in the sudden shock of what happened her mind may have exaggerated the image and now that's what she remembers.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread