Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2015, 04:28 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyBerry (View Post)
A new trailer for Visions has been released and this time Jim actually appears

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wdeqF6jd0Y
"Satan, you're in my spot"

OK, I'm calling it now. I think Jim's character will end up being one of the bad guys. I can't explain why, just my Spidey sense I guess. There's something different in his eyes.........

Sheldon Kissed Amy

~ Rosie
Old 08-07-2015, 04:47 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShamyLove (View Post)

OK, I'm calling it now. I think Jim's character will end up being one of the bad guys. I can't explain why, just my Spidey sense I guess. There's something different in his eyes.........
I'd like for him to play a bad guy It would be great!

But for some reason, I feel like he might be a minor character who won't have too much to do...They could just be promoting his appearance because he's arguably the most famous of the cast and they need a big name attraction for the film.

I sure hope I'm wrong though
Old 08-07-2015, 04:56 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Vicky, I think you summed it up very well!

The best summary that I can offer 11:00 at night, after working 12 hours, lol, is that God was essentially telling us no one is infallible and worthy of unmitigated worship. Believe in yourself first and foremost.

And OMG, love Jim busting the folks videotaping him!! You have no idea how badly I wanted to do that the first time we went. We were in the upper mezzanine, and I thought "no one would probably notice since I'm way up here." But I was so, so chicken! And wouldn't you know it, it looks like the perpetrator is sitting in the upper area, yet Jim still saw it!!
Great summary Rosie, I have nothing to add, except one question: was there also a lady in the front with a phone ringing? Jim asked Michael to grab the phone and he answered, saying she could not reply as she was attending a show. At first I thought it was part of the show, but it seems they adapt to the situations, as I dont recall anything about videotaping.
Oh and I did buy the book, I found it at Strand.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:04 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)
I think he must have seen it, because he didn't say that at the performances I went to............................
I agree, he never made a comment about videotaping in both performances we attended. When Angel Michael was walking throughout the theatre, "taking questions" from the audience, I would turn to watch the interaction, and I noticed the entire audience was bathed in a very soft pale light. I could easily make out people's faces. I suspect that due to how brightly lit the stage was in that pale blue/lavender color, some of it reflected back to the audience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefi62 (View Post)
Great summary Rosie, I have nothing to add, except one question: was there also a lady in the front with a phone ringing? Jim asked Michael to grab the phone and he answered, saying she could not reply as she was attending a show. At first I thought it was part of the show, but it seems they adapt to the situations, as I dont recall anything about videotaping.
Oh and I did buy the book, I found it at Strand.
Yes, that was part of the show! The first time I saw it, I thought it was genuine, bc Jim looked SO ticked off. Then, when he instructed Angel Michael to take the phone from her and bring it onstage to him, it occurred to me that it was part of the show. I then remembered the "selfie" of the 3 of them that was posted on the internet as part of the show's promotion.

I'm so glad you found the book!

Sheldon Kissed Amy

~ Rosie
Old 08-07-2015, 07:34 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantagrae (View Post)
I wonder if he can actually see the camera, or if he just assumes someone up there is filming. I was wondering how well he can see the audience, especially in the mezzanine, with the stage lights on him. Usually, the brightness of the lights and the audience sitting in the dark would make most of the audience hard or impossible to see. But the lights are kind of changing at that point as he seems to be coming down into the audience.
Even when it's dark, I know sometimes the performers can spot a camera because of reflections off the lens, or a blinking light on the camera the (stupidly) don't cover up.

Of course, if Broadway shows would just release professional video, they'd majorly cut down on the bootleg problem...
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
Old 08-08-2015, 03:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

I can definitely see that. He sounds so sweet, you have to suspect. But maybe that's what they want us to think, and he's a red herring. Hm. Don't usually watch horror movies, but looking forward to seeing what Jim does in this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyBerry (View Post)
I'd like for him to play a bad guy It would be great!

But for some reason, I feel like he might be a minor character who won't have too much to do...They could just be promoting his appearance because he's arguably the most famous of the cast and they need a big name attraction for the film.

I sure hope I'm wrong though
I was encouraged to see he's fourth on the billing, suggesting his role might be bigger than I'd thought. But you may well be right that they're using his name to promote it. Hoping he's in more than just a couple of scenes.

Remembered another lyric from the An Act of God song - "All of you'd be better off, if most of you would die." It probably looks awful written down, but it didn't come over that way in performance, honest!
Old 08-08-2015, 05:02 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I can definitely see that. He sounds so sweet, you have to suspect. But maybe that's what they want us to think, and he's a red herring. Hm. Don't usually watch horror movies, but looking forward to seeing what Jim does in this one.

I was encouraged to see he's fourth on the billing, suggesting his role might be bigger than I'd thought. But you may well be right that they're using his name to promote it. Hoping he's in more than just a couple of scenes.

Remembered another lyric from the An Act of God song - "All of you'd be better off, if most of you would die." It probably looks awful written down, but it didn't come over that way in performance, honest!
Vicky, you have a really good memory for that song! I was so gaga starstruck, I can't recall any of the lyrics, but when you mention it, I think "Oh yeah, that was it!"

Sheldon Kissed Amy

~ Rosie
Old 08-08-2015, 05:26 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennaxor (View Post)
Of course, if Broadway shows would just release professional video, they'd majorly cut down on the bootleg problem...
Well I think money is part of the reason they won't do that. I mean if they just filmed the show and released it afterwards then people might be less inclined to pay a lot of money to go see it live as they know they can just watch it later and not pay a cent.
Old 08-08-2015, 06:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

That's something I've never understood. It's the same in the West End. It's just unfair for people who live abroad, and/or who simply can't afford or are unable to go. In France, plays and musicals virtually always come out on video later on (sometimes they're even broadcast live on TV), and theatres have never been fuller! In the UK at least, some productions are now shown in cinemas live, which is a huge improvement. But otherwise, it's just not very democratic.
Old 08-09-2015, 04:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantLoveTingles (View Post)
That's something I've never understood. It's the same in the West End. It's just unfair for people who live abroad, and/or who simply can't afford or are unable to go. In France, plays and musicals virtually always come out on video later on (sometimes they're even broadcast live on TV), and theatres have never been fuller! In the UK at least, some productions are now shown in cinemas live, which is a huge improvement. But otherwise, it's just not very democratic.
Yeah, it is a shame. I'm sure they could make money from DVDs with shows like this, with a popular worldwide star like Jim.
I don't know if there's any plans for the show to be staged elsewhere or with a different cast, or whether that would make any difference anyway.
Old 08-09-2015, 05:38 AM
Ultimate Fan

Baby face. With a foreshadowing SW shirt!

https://instagram.com/p/6Iu29DLd15/?...mparsonstheory

Sheldon Kissed Amy

~ Rosie
Old 08-09-2015, 06:11 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:

Interesting picture
Old 08-09-2015, 06:27 AM
Ultimate Fan

Omg, that hair Short hair is definitely more flattering
Old 08-09-2015, 07:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

SO '90s!
Old 08-09-2015, 08:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennaxor (View Post)
Even when it's dark, I know sometimes the performers can spot a camera because of reflections off the lens, or a blinking light on the camera the (stupidly) don't cover up.
When I was in London last year I was on a Proms concert at Royal Albert Hall. I had a ticket in the uper level and so I had a wonderful overview over the whole audience. There were lots of Smartphones in opartion during the concert. I don''t know if the people recorded the concert or of they were surfing the net, but I was suprised how many people acctually had their phones on.

Quote:
SO '90s!
very

~Susanne ~
Closed Thread   Post New Thread