Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2012, 02:36 PM
New Fan

Well, I don't know what he was asked about. I can only interpret what's written in the article. And that suggests that he was lying. And yeah, I have issues with that.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by inzigia (View Post)
Well, I don't know what he was asked about. I can only interpret what's written in the article. And that suggest that he was lying. And yeah, I have issues with that.
You gotta remember though, he's a celebrity and he needs privacy too. Sometimes they lie or tell half truths to keep their personal lives under wraps. I don't blame him at all actually.
Co-Host of The Bazinga Cast|"You belong with me." Olivia to Peter
Thanks to hilery00 for the icon!
Old 03-24-2012, 02:43 PM
Absolute Fan

Regarding his private life and whether or not talk about it.. it is entirely HIS choice and no one else's. He doesn't wanna talk about his private life and everyone should respect that.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:45 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbcountry37 (View Post)
You gotta remember though, he's a celebrity and he needs privacy too. Sometimes they lie or tell half truths to keep their personal lives under wraps. I don't blame him at all actually.
Well, the way it is written it that article, it doesn't seem that he was asked any question that was invading his privacy. That's why I have issue with his answer.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:47 PM
Addicted Fan

Actually, I'm not sure how it is in Hollywood, but in our film industry, celebrities dating each other and not admitting to it for a long time is almost a cliche - the 'we're just good friends' trope. (And I mean heterosexual celebrities). I don't see anything wrong with that, because early on in a relationship, the last thing you would want is the media prying around and reporting all kinds of true/untrue things. I'm sure it can build a negative kind of pressure on a couple. Of course, they do accept it in public when things get really deep and official, like an engagement.

I'm guessing that such pressures might be even greater for gay celebrities. It's difficult enough to have a relationship in the spotlight as it is, and it must be worse if you have the whole 'coming out' drama attached to it. Hence I can't blame any of my beloved stars (heterosexual or not) who choose to keep their personal lives private, as far as possible.

Quote:
Well, the way it is written it that article, it doesn't seem that he was asked any question that was invading his privacy. That's why I have issue with his answer.
That's why I wrote in my previous post that I do think he was asked a prying personal question. Else his answer doesn't even make sense.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

Written interviews are always tricky. I've been following a lot of actors closely and over the years learned that you can't always trust everything you read. I only believe what I hear directly from the actor's mouth.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomita (View Post)
Actually, I'm not sure how it is in Hollywood, but in our film industry, celebrities dating each other and not admitting to it for a long time is almost a cliche - the 'we're just good friends' trope. (And I mean heterosexual celebrities). I don't see anything wrong with that, because early on in a relationship, the last thing you would want is the media prying around and reporting all kinds of true/untrue things. I'm sure it can build a negative kind of pressure on a couple. Of course, they do accept it in public when things get really deep and official, like an engagement.

I'm guessing that such pressures might be even greater for gay celebrities. It's difficult enough to have a relationship in the spotlight as it is, and it must be worse if you have the whole 'coming out' drama attached to it. Hence I can't blame any of my beloved stars (heterosexual or not) who choose to keep their personal lives private, as far as possible.
You nailed it on the head, Pomita.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:49 PM
New Fan

Hes been with Todd since 2005, so no he wasnt single. Regarding that article doesn't matter if he said he was single, nobodies business but his own, he certainly doesn't hide his partner just chooses not to speak about it which is in my own opinion admirable. I dont know why some people in other boards get quite annoyed that he hasn't commented either way on it but at the end of the day its his personal life not ours.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:51 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by inzigia (View Post)
Maybe he was single at the time, who knows, it could be that he and Todd split up for a while or whateaver.

The thing is, even if he wasn't we know how journalists and gossipy people is. Sometimes for famous people is easier to say "I'm single" because that avoids a lot of annoying questions that you don't wanna answer. If he had said he was with someone, he would have probably been bombarded with questions about who that person is, where did they meet, how long had they been together.. etc. Sometimes saying you are single is the only escape form that.
Like I said, he has no obligation of saying anything and/or the truth about his private life because it is his. He is a grown up adult and what goes on behind closed doors in his life is his business and no one else''s. Even if he lied I think it is totally OK, because he is entitled to say whateaver he wants about his own life.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:52 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomita (View Post)

That's why I wrote in my previous post that I do think he was asked a prying personal question. Else his answer doesn't even make sense.
Few things. 1. Todd is not a celebrity. It's not like NPH & David. 2. Jim isn't that high profile. He's not really living in the spotlight. He doesn't have to worry about paparazzi hounding him. They surely have much better things to do. 3. Two years together, isn't early on in the relationship.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sursonica (View Post)
Like I said, he has no obligation of saying anything and/or the truth about his private life because it is his. He is a grown up adult and what goes on behind closed doors in his life is his business and no one else''s. Even if he lied I think it is totally OK, because he is entitled to say whateaver he wants about his own life.

Also, what country are you from inzigia??? Because in America pretty much everyone knows who Jim Parsons is. This show get 16 mil an ep over here.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-terso (View Post)
Written interviews are always tricky. I've been following a lot of actors closely and over the years learned that you can't always trust everything you read. I only believe what I hear directly from the actor's mouth.
You have a point. In fact, when Jim was asked a question in his Pix-11 interview about getting more female attention after being on the show, all he said was 'you're listing all the perks, and they sound wonderful, but no, it's not happening that way', which was a purposely vague and light-hearted answer. He is usually quite measured and reticent in his replies, not committing to anything, which is why I would be very surprised if he said something as blunt and irrelevant as 'I'm single' in response to a question about increased popularity!

Quote:
Few things. 1. Todd is not a celebrity. It's not like NPH & David. 2. Jim isn't that high profile. He's not really living in the spotlight. He doesn't have to worry about paparazzi hounding him. They surely have much better things to do. 3. Two years together, isn't early on in the relationship.
Oh, I'm sure that the media would be interested enough in the personal life of the breakout star on a top TV show. He may not be hounded, but he would certainly be observed and questioned about details (irrespective of whether his partner is a celebrity or not). If I were in his place, I think I wouldn't want that either.

And maybe they weren't on committed terms at that time. Maybe they had a break. Who knows? This is certainly the only time I've seen him use the word 'single' (and I'm not completely convinced that he did).

Last edited by Pomita; 03-24-2012 at 03:07 PM
Old 03-24-2012, 02:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

I completely agree with Sursonica. He doesn't owe us anything when it comes to his private life. It's really none of our business.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-terso (View Post)
I completely agree with Sursonica. He doesn't owe us anything when it comes to his private life. It's really none of our business.
100% agree!
Old 03-24-2012, 03:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flygirl27 (View Post)
Hes been with Todd since 2005, so no he wasnt single. Regarding that article doesn't matter if he said he was single, nobodies business but his own, he certainly doesn't hide his partner just chooses not to speak about it which is in my own opinion admirable. I dont know why some people in other boards get quite annoyed that he hasn't commented either way on it but at the end of the day its his personal life not ours.
Do you have any source for 2005? I'm just curious. You can PM me if you don't want to write publicly.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread