Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2012, 11:13 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomita (View Post)
Yes, Jim has always been seen with him at events. He has never tried to hide anything or show off anything to the world, he just goes ahead to quietly do whatever he has to do; and I have to say I really admire that attitude.

Perhaps, as you say, we're seeing more photographs now because TBBT is now the No.1 show and its cast garners more publicity and press attention in general.

Like Johnny finally getting around to PDA? Our cast is a-growing up?

They are. I find the little naughty-schoolboy looks exchanged between them seriously heart-stopping.
My feelings exactly...

I love their vibe.....so REAL....it's like he's saying 'Here we are, going about our lives...no fuss, no bells and whistles'
Old 03-24-2012, 11:15 AM
New Fan

Happy birthday Jim!
Old 03-24-2012, 11:24 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Yes, Jim has always been seen with him at events. He has never tried to hide anything or show off anything to the world, he just goes ahead to quietly do whatever he has to do; and I have to say I really admire that attitude.
I agree. I think that's why most people have a lot of respect for Jim, I certainly do. His whole attitude in general is refreshing given the business he's in.

Quote:
Like Johnny finally getting around to PDA? Our cast is a-growing up?
That's what I was thinking.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:56 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I think that's why most people have a lot of respect for Jim, I certainly do. His whole attitude in general is refreshing given the business he's in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirubreezy (View Post)
I love their vibe.....so REAL....it's like he's saying 'Here we are, going about our lives...no fuss, no bells and whistles'
That's so true and beautiful. Only goes to show that you can keep it simple if you want to.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

TFTNT!!!! I love the title!!!
and... of course:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIM

I'm loving the new takes of Jim, Todd and Kaley! My heart melts when I see Jim hanging with Todd, because they're being real. True people in their true lifes. Beautiful

• alee | twitter: itsaleeb
Old 03-24-2012, 12:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Kiru and June, I added you both

WHOO! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JIM!

Oh my gosh, Pomita thanks for that link! I love Jim and Todd together.

And I definitely love that he has no need to comment on it, yet isn't trying to hide anything. He just is. Kate Moennig is the same way. I was conflicted on people taking that stance for a while, but that's a whole other story.

The first picture on that link is pure
Old 03-24-2012, 12:46 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexx (View Post)
And I definitely love that he has no need to comment on it, yet isn't trying to hide anything. He just is. Kate Moennig is the same way. I was conflicted on people taking that stance for a while, but that's a whole other story.
I think being able to live like that shows a lot of courage and self-belief and maturity. He's not chary of expressing who he is, he doesn't hide, and he doesn't feel the need to shout it from the rooftops either. He just isn't treating himself as a celebrity or something special, if you will - just going about it in the way any man on the street would.

As far as fame and recognition goes, it's clear that he wants it to be on the basis of his work and his pleasant public persona, not his private life and activities. This is well reflected in what he feels about Twitter - he couldn't take to it, because he doesn't like or want to share what he had for lunch with the world, and nor does he want to read such details about other people.

Quote:
The first picture on that link is pure
Oh, so many of them have me - melting. The pictures are pure joy.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

They are adorable together. Honestly I'm so happy for him. I hate it when people stop being a fan of someone because they are different than what they had imagined. Jim is sweet, kind, intelligent, talented, humble, soft-spoken and doesn't deserve any kind of hate.

I really admire him for the way he has handled things.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:07 PM
New Fan

While we are on the topic of his private life, how long Jim & Todd are supposed to be together? The cast pictures from Italy were from 2008, so I guess at least since then. Yet, in this interview from April 2009: http://photos.jimparsonsfan.com/albu...tvguide_03.jpg he states that he's single. Hmmm. I like Jim, I really do. But laying blatantly doesn't sit especially well with me.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:09 PM
Loyal Fan

Definitely agree 100% Pomita

Edit:

inzigia - Well we don't really know the circumstances and it could have easily been an issue that he simply didn't want them prying any further into his personal life or something, which I understand.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:23 PM
Addicted Fan

Hmm, I suspect that his 'I keep my nose down' is a more accurate statement of affairs than 'I'm single'. That's exactly the impression we get.

And well, 'single' can also mean not married or formally engaged. It's quite possible things weren't that official with Todd 3 years back, even if they are now.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:24 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexx (View Post)
inzigia - Well we don't really know the circumstances and it could have easily been an issue that he simply didn't want them prying any further into his personal life or something, which I understand.
There are number of different ways in which he could have answered that question that didn't include a blatant lie about his personal life. He's chosen this one. Telling.
He could have simply said that he didn't notice that the show has made him more popular. Full stop.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

There is a picture with Todd and some other TBBT castmates that is allegedly from 2007. The National Enquirer (which is not really a credible source) also wrote 2007. What is interesting is that Todd has been working freelance since July 2007 which would have been around the time TBBT started filming. To me it almost seems Jim and Todd met when Jim was still living in New York and that they moved to California together.

Jim wouldn't be the first celebrity (especially gay celebrity) to lie about their relationship status. He probably wasn't ready to come out at that time.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:29 PM
New Fan

Quote:
And well, 'single' can also mean not married or formally engaged.
That would have been true, if it wasn't preceded by a sentence that included the word "monastic". Followed by his statement that he's single interferes that he doesn't have a partner, whether official or unofficial. Just don't like people selling fake images, that's all.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:30 PM
Addicted Fan

The way it's written is a little confusing. Was he specifically asked about romance in his personal life, or was he asked whether he thinks the show has made him more popular? If the latter, then I don't understand why he had to mention being single (or not) at all. Surely the issues are not related.

I get the impression that he was asked some direct question about his personal life, and he said the first thing he could to ward off further prying.

Edit: If he was actually living with him at that time, then wouldn't saying that he lives alone be a rather silly lie? I mean, it would be just factually incorrect and someone could verify any day. Do people actually do that?