Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2013, 09:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

it was an ok episode. I'm wondering how many seasons this show is going to go on.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:51 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

I didn't think it was a bad episode, but it certainly wasn't one of their best. It had a handful of lines that I really loved and made me laugh, but neither of the plots were anything special for me.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
ennaxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:36 PM
Extreme Fan

I think there's a big difference between an episode that doesn't hit the highest marks and an episode that is some kind of harbinger of doom for the show.

Just a few weeks ago people were gushing over the episodes that started the season off and talking about how great the show was doing, etc., and talking about how great the season is looking, and now people are saying things like it's all so repetitive and that they're going to stop watching, etc.

Really?

While I enjoyed the episode, I agree that it wasn't the best of the season so far, HOWEVER, I don't think that one "slip", if you want to call it that (which I don't), means that all of a sudden the show is going down the toilet.

Yeah, so maybe Sheldon was less than kind to Leonard, or maybe we had yet another joke about "satisfaction", but I don't think it means that the writers have somehow suddenly lost their talent.

All will be well.
IMO

Jim Parsons read my poem on UK radio!
phantagrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:43 PM
Master Fan

I don't think this show will suffer at all and will be around at least thru season 10
LostInTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantagrae (View Post)
I think there's a big difference between an episode that doesn't hit the highest marks and an episode that is some kind of harbinger of doom for the show.

Just a few weeks ago people were gushing over the episodes that started the season off and talking about how great the show was doing, etc., and talking about how great the season is looking, and now people are saying things like it's all so repetitive and that they're going to stop watching, etc.

Really?

While I enjoyed the episode, I agree that it wasn't the best of the season so far, HOWEVER, I don't think that one "slip", if you want to call it that (which I don't), means that all of a sudden the show is going down the toilet.

Yeah, so maybe Sheldon was less than kind to Leonard, or maybe we had yet another joke about "satisfaction", but I don't think it means that the writers have somehow suddenly lost their talent.

All will be well.
IMO
I agree with this. I think as people it's in our nature to fixate on the negative despite how much positive might have preceded it, so I think that's partially why a bad episode (for some people) triggers a reaction of the show being doomed/spiraling to its end. Though it's also true, other viewers might have felt this way for awhile, so this episode might have just added to these feelings. In any case, I enjoyed the episode, and while some jokes fell flat for me, when all other episodes hit it out of the park this season for me, I'm definitely not even close to worrying yet. Plus given the fact that all professional reviews have given this episode very positive feedback so far, I'd take that as a good sign.
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots (View Post)
I agree with this. I think as people it's in our nature to fixate on the negative despite how much positive might have preceded it, so I think that's partially why a bad episode (for some people) triggers a reaction of the show being doomed/spiraling to its end. Though it's also true, other viewers might have felt this way for awhile, so this episode might have just added to these feelings. In any case, I enjoyed the episode, and while some jokes fell flat for me, when all other episodes hit it out of the park this season for me, I'm definitely not even close to worrying yet. Plus given the fact that all professional reviews have given this episode very positive feedback so far, I'd take that as a good sign.
Agreed. It was a bad episode to me. But it's not like because of this episode CBS isn't going to renew it. That's a little overdramatic to me.

Here's the episode of The Big Bang Buzzcast about this one - and we fangirl about Zack quite a bit too. Not ashamed. The Big Bang Buzz - Big Bang Theory Podcast and News: Big Bang Buzzcast Episode 38: The Itchy Brain Stimulation (pop, sparkle, and buzz electric)

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteRose (View Post)
Poor Leonard. Bad Sheldon *LOL*

Oh and Raj was on fire! I loved it when he shouted" I love you Penny" *LOL* and then the end where he looked at himself in the mirror and shouted whats wrong with him.

If I should vote for the episode I would say it was an okay episode.
All of this!

And I wonder if that sweater was really that itchy.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This one wasn't one of my favorites - but the worst is the title, the idea of having to itch your brain makes me shudder.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Understandable.
It can make you shudder.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 09-30-2021, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

I wonder if that sweater was really so uncomfortable for Johnny to wear.
Old 10-01-2021, 07:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteRose (View Post)
I wonder if that sweater was really so uncomfortable for Johnny to wear.
It really looks itchy, but I don't think they would make him (or any of the cast) wear something really uncomfortable for too long.
~Laurence~
soundsgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 08:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Understandable. Thank you!
Reply   Post New Thread