Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2013, 07:23 AM
Master Fan

Article review about the episode: 'Big Bang Theory' Recap: What It Feels Like To Be Sheldon | Alex Rabinowitz

I agree with a lot of their points, though definitely not their last sentence.
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionne (View Post)

I'm shocked that this was put out for November sweeps; the episode overall was pretty forgettable. Also, here's the problem that I have with the season overall: as cute as it is, and often funny, I don't feel like we're learning anything new. Raj and Lucy, Raj bombing his dates, Amy pining for some physical affection from Sheldon, Sheldon and Leonard and their testy roommate relationship, etc. We've seen this before; I feel like we're seeing it all again. Some parts are almost a redo of season six. I feel like no themes for the season have been established, and the overall plot is just meandering along. It's kinda like the show is saying, "the more things change, the more things stay the same. Ain't these guys cute? Ain't they always funny?" And....meh. Yes, they are, but you're kinda starting to bore me a bit here.

Jazz it up?
Yeah, I have no idea why this was a sweeps ep. And I also don't know what the 'theme' of the season is. Or at least I don't think the characters have any end point the writers are going for that they're planning on showing us earlier on. Clearly last year, Howard and Bernadette were navigating marriage, Penny was overcoming insecurities about her and Leonard's relationship, Sheldon and Amy were progressing, and Raj was learning how to be in a relationship with Lucy. This year, while I'm glad they aren't doing excessive couple drama, I don't know that the characters as individuals are undergoing any sort of change either. I feel like the writers know where they want to go with them next, but are feeling the need to stretch things out, so are kinda keeping things homeostasis for a while. I still think Shamy might have some big leap forward in the spring and I still think it's possible Penny might propose this season and Raj could be on the verge of an actual, long lasting relationship but the only reason I think those things is it seems like they're trying to creep things along now because these are their next steps and they don't want to go for them too soon.

In terms of least favorite episode, this one absolutely was for me for the season. Overall, though, I'd say The Speckerman Recurrence, The Santa Stimulation, The Bus Pants Alternative, The Plimpton Stimulation, and The Desperation Emanation are my clear cut least favorites.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:35 AM
Master Fan

It was ok.mi thought Johnny did a great job and it was kind of fun to see him try to walk a mile in Sheldon's shoes. Penny's line about Sheldon winning every night Leonard doesn't kill him in his sleep cracked me up.
Did not like the Raj and Lucy story at all. Still would like to see them try him with Alex
LostInTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:35 AM
Obsessed Fan

I pretty much agree with what most people have said.

1.)Leonard and most times Raj were hilarious
2.)Sheldon the brat strikes again
3.)Did not like the Lucy lash.
4.)Not sweeps material
5.)Weakest episode thus far
6.)No seriously, Johnny did a wonderful job. His last WHAT made me laugh hard.

Anddddd....dat promo.

Ahmyrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:38 AM
Master Fan

And the look on his face when he put those frozen peas on his nipples lol.
Btw...I'm still scratching from seeing it haha
LostInTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots (View Post)
Article review about the episode: 'Big Bang Theory' Recap: What It Feels Like To Be Sheldon | Alex Rabinowitz

I agree with a lot of their points, though definitely not their last sentence.
Thanks very much for the link. Interesting perspective - I enjoyed that article. I also liked the 'different' Sheldon in this ep, but couldn't quite put into words why. Fun to see Johnny like this, too.

I liked Lucy in this episode: despite Penny's attack as she defended her friend, I don't think Lucy came off badly. She's a sweet character and I'd like to see her and Raj develop a friendship, and keep it just at that for a while.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:52 AM
Master Fan

I just saw the episode. I think it was an OK episode, not as worse as I feared but we have had better ones. There were some funny scenes I liked, but they went to far with the Shelnard plot. While I love when Sheldons goes supervillain that was far to much and to mean. On the other hand, Leonard didn't need to wear the sweater the whole time, so it's partly his fault he was suffering this much. I agree with Penny he should get his money back from Princton

I loved how Amy helped herself at the bar and that she feed herself with popcorn at Pennys. The flower scene was cute, a bit childish but also flirty. Prank playing is ok if it doesn't go out of hand. And I think Sheldon tasted is own medicine when the joke article didn't work
I liked the Raj/Penny storyline, but I didn't care much about Lucy. No need to bring her back. She was a cute girlfriend back in season 6 but it was a closed chapter, no need to open it again.

~Susanne ~

Last edited by smoguntia; 11-15-2013 at 08:00 AM
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:55 AM
Ultimate Fan

I feel pretty meh about this episode, surely my least favourite so far. Poor Lucy.

I agree with who said that this season needs a bit of a shake up overall.

teoriapostmoderna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:24 AM
Master Fan

Episode was okay, definitely the weakest of the season. I can totally relate to Sheldon and how his mind works b/c I am the same way. I totally get why he wanted Leonard to see what it was like living with his type of brain. I LOL for most of the episode.

I loved Penny sticking up for Raj. It goes to show how strong her friendship is with the guys and how she feels she needs to protect them.

Last edited by combatcutie; 11-15-2013 at 08:35 AM
combatcutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:41 AM
Extreme Fan

I really enjoyed this episode.

I still don't get the "filler" comments--since there's no mytharc to this show, no requirement that each episode be part of some ongoing saga, how can an episode be filler?
Yeah, there was no real movement on the various ships, but that's not an episode requirement, is it?

I enjoyed it for what it was--a day-in-the-life kind of episode.

I do think that it was kind of okay for Penny to say something to Lucy, but she did get a little mean/in-your-face with Lucy. Still, I guess it gave Raj the chance to have a clean break with her.

I love Raj's "What is wrong with you?!" "I love you, Penny!" seesaw. Poor guy lives and dies with every turn.
And he still blows it with Lizzy.

I do agree, though, that I'm not sure this episode was worthy of Sweeps. I guess they figured a sort of "showdown" (though it was funny, not dramatic) between L&S and the "return of Lucy" were draws?

I think it's very likely, though, that the rehearsal week/taping date might have been the only time they could get Kate Micucci or something, which might have dictated the episode's placement in November.

Even so, I enjoyed it and I don't think it was bad or boring or negative for any of the characters in any way.

I Johnny Galecki was great--poor itchy/scratchy Leonard!

And I loved how adorable SHeldon was when he was trying to get Amy to sniff his prank flower. "Please!"
I'd risk a squirt in the nose if he looked at me that way!

Jim Parsons read my poem on UK radio!
phantagrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantagrae (View Post)
Even so, I enjoyed it and I don't think it was bad or boring or negative for any of the characters in any way.
I agree. I enjoyed the episode, and I've already re-watched it once; I found some of the jokes in Leonard and Sheldon's storyline fell a bit flat for me, but overall, I found both storylines to be good and entertaining.

And regarding this season having less of a theme or apparent arc, I sort of agree in that compared to season six, there was a lot of character development to be had in the first half of the season, like by episode eight last year, Penny's ILY arc was already paying off. Now this time around there's less immediate growth to deal with, so this season has been more about having fun exploring more trivial matters within the different dynamics so far. Personally, I would have expected more focus on Raj and him trying to meet people, but then, that's part of why I enjoyed this episode overall is because we finally got more insight into that and what he needs to work on. I'm okay with things being stretched out just for now since I think it's realistic in the sense that there's not always significant growth happening linearly through the years, so I'm cool with the what they've done so far, though I'm expecting more focus on development in the second half of the season.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:05 AM
Addicted Fan

I'm too late I just got home now and need to watch this episode!

I hope I have not missed too much.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantagrae (View Post)
I really enjoyed this episode.

I still don't get the "filler" comments--since there's no mytharc to this show, no requirement that each episode be part of some ongoing saga, how can an episode be filler?
Yeah, there was no real movement on the various ships, but that's not an episode requirement, is it?

I enjoyed it for what it was--a day-in-the-life kind of episode.

I do think that it was kind of okay for Penny to say something to Lucy, but she did get a little mean/in-your-face with Lucy. Still, I guess it gave Raj the chance to have a clean break with her.
I agree with this, and I don't feel a lack of direction with the season overall. I think S7 has been one brilliant episode after another up to this one, and this just didn't quite meet the show's own standards. I don't think this show requires huge, clear story arcs all the time, and I like the more 'natural' feel of things developing at their own pace. I would say though, for me, we've already had loads of character development for Sheldon and significant progress for Shamy.

With the Penny/Lucy thing, I wish it had been either funnier or a bit more emotional on Penny's part, so it was more caring about Raj than having a go at Lucy. Just the way it came across to me, but I suppose it suited Penny's character the way it was.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:27 AM
Obsessed Fan

it was a pretty lame episode overall, not sweeps worthy at all.

i just felt there was no point in bringing lucy back and idk.. it just wasn't that fun.

i felt so bad for little leonard when he was upset in pennys apartment.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:34 AM
Master Fan

Another article about the episode: "The Itchy Brain Simulation" | The Big Bang Theory | TV Club | TV | The A.V. Club So far it seems to be getting very favourable reviews.
Reply   Post New Thread