Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2013, 07:08 PM
New Fan

Amazing performance from Johnny but this episode SUCKED. One of the worst I've seen.

On a happier note, I've watched the 7.09 promo about 30 times just to watch the Shamy butt slap!!!!
denajeanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:22 PM
Master Fan

Plenty to enjoy, but I also will admit it was the weakest of the season (bearing in mind we're used to very high standards). I'm going to need to watch this a few times to let it grow on me, but I liked the premise. Loved Raj's 'I love you!/what is wrong with you?' exclamations. The girls were funny. Always love anything Shamy.

Thank you for posting the promo!! I cannot believe... I cannot wait!
Old 11-14-2013, 07:26 PM
Master Fan

I enjoyed the episode, and I think the girls and Raj had the better material of the two storylines (some of the jokes weren't as great in Leonard and Sheldon's storyline, I thought), but while Johnny's acting was awesome, him being so stressed out and uncomfortable stressed me out a little too much. Like I know people were mentioning they thought they'd be itchy through the whole episode, I wasn't itchy, but I seriously needed some relief from all the stress Leonard was going through.
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Definitely the weakest of the season so far, but there were some funny parts. Johnny was excellent and hilarious. I felt so bad for Leonard. Although I found Sheldon to be much more petty and childish than usual, I loved the look and the way he said please when he wanted Amy to smell the trick flower.

Super excited for next week! I cracked up at the Shamy butt slap. And Bernadette with the marshmallow in her mouth.
LilyRose21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just saw the episode.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:13 PM
Master Fan

I do like when people in the group try and defend each other like Penny tried to do tonight for Raj, I don't think she went about it in the right way. Poor Amy and Bernadette got neglected in the process.

I didn't mind it when Sheldon said he wanted Leonard to understand him better, but he definitely took things too far for me.

I have to agree with everyone who said this one was the weakest of the season so far.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:15 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Just saw the episode.

[IMG][/IMG]
Whoa! That is BIG coming from you.

☆Krys ☆
topherkraz78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

There's usually one per season or so (aside from season one) that I just don't ever seem to rewatch. I'm pretty sure this one might be it.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:31 PM
Loyal Fan

I didn't hate it; I actually laughed quite a bit. I don't think there's anything of consequence in the episode though. No real character development, other than Raj yelling at himself in the mirror.

There was a lot about it I found funny - Leonard and the sweater, Leonard and Penny talking and Penny trying to get him to take it off, the "what is wrong with you" joke being turned around on Raj, Amy *knowing* that something was up with Sheldon because it didn't jibe right, and Amy and Bernadette getting themselves their drinks and then gorging on food because Penny forgot their orders.

Really, I think it was pretty funny, and Leonard in the end, coming back and just being like...."WHAT?!?!?!?!" made me laugh really hard.

Okay, other than that though....

I'm shocked that this was put out for November sweeps; the episode overall was pretty forgettable. Also, here's the problem that I have with the season overall: as cute as it is, and often funny, I don't feel like we're learning anything new. Raj and Lucy, Raj bombing his dates, Amy pining for some physical affection from Sheldon, Sheldon and Leonard and their testy roommate relationship, etc. We've seen this before; I feel like we're seeing it all again. Some parts are almost a redo of season six. I feel like no themes for the season have been established, and the overall plot is just meandering along. It's kinda like the show is saying, "the more things change, the more things stay the same. Ain't these guys cute? Ain't they always funny?" And....meh. Yes, they are, but you're kinda starting to bore me a bit here.

Jazz it up?

I suppose Sheldon was really diabolical here, but I understand him wanting to have Leonard understand things from his point of view. But does that mean he hid the sweater and video in the box together, waiting all that time for revenge?

Last edited by Lionne; 11-14-2013 at 11:24 PM
Lionne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

I got a real kick out of seeing Leonard and Sheldon switch roles for buffoon and straight man in their scenes together. Most of Johny's moments to shine are awww emotional moments instead of knee slapping laughter.
Tomasina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Poor Leonard. Bad Sheldon *LOL*

Oh and Raj was on fire! I loved it when he shouted" I love you Penny" *LOL* and then the end where he looked at himself in the mirror and shouted whats wrong with him.

If I should vote for the episode I would say it was an okay episode.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:51 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyrani (View Post)
Hmm, this was a good Emmy bait episode for Johnny Galecki.

As far as the content, for me it was Bus Pants Alternative bad, and Bus Pants is the worst episode of the series imo.

Exactly my thought. Well I don't think it was that bad (worst episode of the series remain The Egg Salad Equivalency for me) but it definitely wasn't good, except for Johnny going crazy and definitely getting some decent Emmy material here. I've been thinking for years that this man doesn't get the recognition he deserves and I hope this might be the episode that finally does it - although truth be told, Johnny is never better than he is in subdued, emotionally charged humour and it'd be a shame for his moment of glory to come from an episode where he doesn't play this register.

I'm so mad that they made Lucy out to be the bad guy. Breaking up by e-mail is never classy, sure, but she suffers from crippling social anxiety and I would have loved for Amy and Bernadette to remind Penny of that, instead of them just standing there watching Penny turn to harassment.

Also I agree with Lio - how on earth is that a sweeps episode? Was the big event the come back of Lucy?!

Excited for Zach being back next week though. I love you Zach. ♥

I love you because you're my best friend
J&M
and I want to grow old with you.
LostInTheSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:49 AM
Passionate Fan

All I was thinking about during the episode, that one Emmy to Johnny, please.
Johnny was absolutely brilliant.
Old 11-15-2013, 05:08 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionne (View Post)
[...]Also, here's the problem that I have with the season overall: as cute as it is, and often funny, I don't feel like we're learning anything new. Raj and Lucy, Raj bombing his dates, Amy pining for some physical affection from Sheldon, Sheldon and Leonard and their testy roommate relationship, etc. We've seen this before; I feel like we're seeing it all again. Some parts are almost a redo of season six. I feel like no themes for the season have been established, and the overall plot is just meandering along. It's kinda like the show is saying, "the more things change, the more things stay the same. Ain't these guys cute? Ain't they always funny?" And....meh. Yes, they are, but you're kinda starting to bore me a bit here.

Jazz it up?
That's exactly how I'm feeling. While Raj reactions were funny the plotline was so predictable that I'm surprised I even laughed... It was so obvious Lucy will ask him for a coffee and that it won't end well, because it ALWAYS ends not well for Raj which is tiresome... Repetition over and over... (And the same goes for Shamy and Sheldon - the few episodes back when Sheldon and Amy had their misuderstaning and last week when Shamy was in the Zone - I knew it was a dream sequence and well, when you can predict how a sitcom goes it stops being funny...). I'm feeling it's might be my last season with BBT if this will continue - and BBT is (has been) THE BEST sitcom imho.

SherlockMolly
& HarryHermione & MorganGarcia & SheldonAmy & BoothBrennan & GrissomSara & HiccupAstrid
icon - my cat
mychakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinthesun (View Post)

also i agree with lio - how on earth is that a sweeps episode? Was the big event the come back of lucy?!
exactly my thought before i went to bed last night!
Co-Host of The Bazinga Cast|"You belong with me." Olivia to Peter
Thanks to hilery00 for the icon!
kbcountry37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread