Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2013, 12:07 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirubreezy (View Post)
One thing : I marathoned The Walking Dead over the Christmas holiday and one of my "friends" gave that exact same spoiler that Laurie Grimes died
I am way behind with the Walking Dead, only saw the first couple of episodes of S2. I didn't know she died either. Thanks a lot, Sheldon!

notyoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:38 PM
Master Fan

So did I understand it correct that Howards story about going to Hollywood, looking out for girls and ending in the car eating his pizza was something he expirienced himself some years earlier - or is it something Raj does on regular basis?

~Susanne ~
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
So did I understand it correct that Howards story about going to Hollywood, looking out for girls and ending in the car eating his pizza was something he expirienced himself some years earlier - or is it something Raj does on regular basis?
I think they both did it together at some point BB (Before Bernie)
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:26 PM
Addicted Fan

After two watches, I'm still busy laughing at Raj's plot. I thought he was HILARIOUS in this episode - especially his desperate expressions on the phone - and Kunal definitely did a great job if he's coming to my mind more at this time than the other part of the story which involved Shamy!

The rest, I think they played it well with the conflicts. I was afraid from the taping report that it would get too angsty, but I found I kept laughing more or less throughout. Only the Leonard/Sheldon fight at the beginning was unpleasant to me - mainly because it felt like just a set-up to Leonard wanting to move out. I get that it was meant to be a 'last straw breaks the back' kind of thing, with Leonard, but it just felt like they've had disputes about more compelling matters before and this one just got blown up too quickly out of proportion. Well, quarrels sometimes do happen that way, but perhaps I'm just not a fan of Leonard and Sheldon quarreling in a serious vein. I love their bond too much; and unlike in Friendship Contraction, this time Sheldon didn't even seem that bothered about mending fences and getting him back, till he had other motives for doing so.

This was one of the episodes where I really got reminded of what brilliant actors some of them are - I mean specially Sheldon's, Amy's, Penny's and Raj's expressions. Amy's angry/hurt/touching/comical outburst was perfect; Penny's face of confusion was priceless; and Sheldon cracked me up every time he went 'um', while at the same time making me feel for his internal conflict.

I do think that Leonard and Amy were both presumptuous in thinking they could just move in without really considering what their partners felt about it. In all fairness, Leonard did ask Penny once if it was a problem, but it was clearly asked in a way that implied he would be hurt if she didn't reply positively. And in all fairness, Amy just came up with the happy thought after she got to know that Sheldon was looking for a roommate, and she fit the bill - she hadn't tried to set it up or something. But given that both of them know Penny's and Sheldon's respective issues, it would have been better to stop and think for a moment. Surprisingly, both Leonard and Amy, in their enthusiasm, showed a Sheldonesque incapacity for reading facial expressions here, and (as Yanina pointed out) Sheldon was the one who displayed more emotional maturity in the situation and could identify his reluctance to be because he isn't ready to move into a greater level of intimacy just yet. I don't think Amy even gave so much thought to it, as to plan it consciously as a major relationship stepping-stone; she just came up with the idea suddenly, in the heat of the moment, and then reveled in the thought of getting to spend more time close to Sheldon.

A very enjoyable episode, on the whole. I'll get back to watching it once more now. I NEED to hear Raj say 'she's not going to give me a bath, is she?' and to see Sheldon's face when he reads Amy's phone message.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:09 PM
Addicted Fan

Anyone needs an mp3 version of the voicemail message that has no laughtracks? Shamy's voicemail message (no beep) - MP3 Download, Play, Listen Songs - 4shared - Anjelica Gayle Parana
Old 02-09-2013, 02:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The one thing I didn't like about this weeks main plot was it didn't really go anywhere, just like every other time Leonard has said his is sick of living with Sheldon.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:35 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
The one thing I didn't like about this weeks main plot was it didn't really go anywhere, just like every other time Leonard has said his is sick of living with Sheldon.
Well, I think that the main plot was meant to tell about each couple's readiness for being in a more intimate relationship: living with each other. It's not really about Sheldon and Leonard's fight, because if it did then we're off to sort of jump the shark.

Or I don't know.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe, I just wish they found a better way for that to come up without another pointless fight between Bert and Ernie
Old 02-09-2013, 05:04 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyanjel (View Post)
Well, I think that the main plot was meant to tell about each couple's readiness for being in a more intimate relationship: living with each other. It's not really about Sheldon and Leonard's fight, because if it did then we're off to sort of jump the shark.

Or I don't know.
I agree with this. Besides, I don't know how much you've lived with other people, but you get into pointless fights with people you're in close proximity with no matter what you do, really. I've bickered with former roommates over the thermostat, or habits that you tolerate but something might trigger you one day and you fight about them.

I really felt that it's not so much the spoiler, for Leonard, although that did irk him. The thing was, he wanted Sheldon to admit that if Leonard had done the same thing to him, Sheldon would have been upset. He was hoping that Sheldon would use some empathy - and considering the way Sheldon once got on Stuart's case about a "spoiler" (this comic book with blow your mind!), I have a feeling that Leonard was correct - and put himself in Leonard's shoes. We all know that Sheldon isn't really capable of that, so of course he was dismissive - and he was dismissive in saying that Leonard was going to have a "hissy fit" - this from Sheldon, who has his own share of hissy fits all the time - and then progressed to have this ridiculous theory about Leonard becoming a hysterical woman due to soy milk.

I think that, like almost any fight you have with your loved ones, it had little to do with the fight itself, but with the progression of it and the underlying issues - Leonard can't get Sheldon to show him any empathy, ever, Sheldon is incapable of seeing any of the hypocrisy of his actions, ever, and Sheldon also doesn't understand the implied insult in a large part of what comes out of his mouth. Leonard knows Sheldon's limitations, but sometimes it just can be too difficult and Leonard will lose his temper.

They've been living together for a long, long time now - I think at least 8 - 9 years. They might grouse at each other, but this was probably the worst fight they've ever had on screen, and in the context of the kind of fighting which drives divorces and plagues other relationships I've seen, it was very small potatoes. Sometimes you can just get sick of each other and need a break - and these two honestly spend very little time apart. (They live, work, travel and socialize together. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, commute, work, socialize with their friends - they are together A LOT.) Bickering seems entirely normal to me, it's going to crop up from time to time.

As far as the resolution, I think it's very easy for us to figure out what happened without seeing it on screen - Leonard moves back in with Sheldon, meaning Amy can't move in, they all sort of realize that no one was ready for the leap and go back to the way things were for now.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionne (View Post)
I agree with this. Besides, I don't know how much you've lived with other people, but you get into pointless fights with people you're in close proximity with no matter what you do, really. I've bickered with former roommates over the thermostat, or habits that you tolerate but something might trigger you one day and you fight about them.

I really felt that it's not so much the spoiler, for Leonard, although that did irk him. The thing was, he wanted Sheldon to admit that if Leonard had done the same thing to him, Sheldon would have been upset. He was hoping that Sheldon would use some empathy - and considering the way Sheldon once got on Stuart's case about a "spoiler" (this comic book with blow your mind!), I have a feeling that Leonard was correct - and put himself in Leonard's shoes. We all know that Sheldon isn't really capable of that, so of course he was dismissive - and he was dismissive in saying that Leonard was going to have a "hissy fit" - this from Sheldon, who has his own share of hissy fits all the time - and then progressed to have this ridiculous theory about Leonard becoming a hysterical woman due to soy milk.

I think that, like almost any fight you have with your loved ones, it had little to do with the fight itself, but with the progression of it and the underlying issues - Leonard can't get Sheldon to show him any empathy, ever, Sheldon is incapable of seeing any of the hypocrisy of his actions, ever, and Sheldon also doesn't understand the implied insult in a large part of what comes out of his mouth. Leonard knows Sheldon's limitations, but sometimes it just can be too difficult and Leonard will lose his temper.

They've been living together for a long, long time now - I think at least 8 - 9 years. They might grouse at each other, but this was probably the worst fight they've ever had on screen, and in the context of the kind of fighting which drives divorces and plagues other relationships I've seen, it was very small potatoes. Sometimes you can just get sick of each other and need a break - and these two honestly spend very little time apart. (They live, work, travel and socialize together. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, commute, work, socialize with their friends - they are together A LOT.) Bickering seems entirely normal to me, it's going to crop up from time to time.

As far as the resolution, I think it's very easy for us to figure out what happened without seeing it on screen - Leonard moves back in with Sheldon, meaning Amy can't move in, they all sort of realize that no one was ready for the leap and go back to the way things were for now.
And this is why I enjoyed that storyline. (Apart from it being funny.)

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyoda (View Post)
I am way behind with the Walking Dead, only saw the first couple of episodes of S2. I didn't know she died either. Thanks a lot, Sheldon!

How can anyone with twitter not know this? I don't even watch the show and I knew that. I also found out just which of the people I follow watch the show, as after it happened everyone, celeb and "norm" alike were wailing.
Musickat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
How can anyone with twitter not know this? I don't even watch the show and I knew that. I also found out just which of the people I follow watch the show, as after it happened everyone, celeb and "norm" alike were wailing.
I've never seen Walking Dead and I'm on Twitter and I didn't know that.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)

I've never seen Walking Dead and I'm on Twitter and I didn't know that.

However, me and my dad had a conversation about the uproar over this and his words were, "It has aired...I don't consider that a spoiler." He thinks like and I love that.
Co-Host of The Bazinga Cast|"You belong with me." Olivia to Peter
Thanks to hilery00 for the icon!
kbcountry37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:36 PM
Elite Fan

I follow a LOT of people who watch the Walking Dead (Not on purpose, that's just how it happened. ). My dash was full of the Walking Dead for about a day after that ep aired.

Although I will say that after Sheldon said that my mouth dropped and I turned to my roommate and said "That was ballsy of them to do..." They know they show is popular, and I know that a lot of people wait until they can watch the season in it's entirety because they don't have cable. BUT like you said, if it's aired it's not really a spoiler to talk about it. Although it is also considered common curtousy to not spoil someone if you KNOW they're watching it and haven't caught up.
Musickat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:38 PM
Master Fan

It is

I think they should've picked some other show, book, or movie to that with.
Co-Host of The Bazinga Cast|"You belong with me." Olivia to Peter
Thanks to hilery00 for the icon!
kbcountry37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread