Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2013, 07:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
This is L/P related, but it's still this ep...Penny calling Leonard 'Ernie' made me happy because in Creepy Candy she talked about how her friend and her got in that fight because they made a pact to marry Bert and Ernie and they both wanted Ernie.
Good catch, Nicole. Now I'm curious about if her line tonight was intentional or not. With that previous revelation it seems to be.

I really want both Shamy and L/P to be on the same page as one another as far as their relationships go if this situation comes up again during the run of the series. Even though it was kind of difficult to hear on a shipping stand point I loved that it was something that Sheldon and Penny could agree on as bad as it was. They rarely agree on anything.

Based on past behavior I figured that Leonard and Amy would be the ones more willing to change things up with their living arrangements and this episode definitely proved it.

I really liked the scenes between Raj and Mrs. Wolowitz, both of them are far too lonely lately and need to find healthier relationships.

Howard and Bernadette need to experiment in ways that won't hurt them next time.

I wonder what else Sheldon has spoiled for Leonard before he gets to finish watching/reading them?

The Roommate Agreement as an actual document obviously needs to be addressed someday. I don't know how many more times the guys' friendship can take walk outs like this. I'm hoping they talk soon.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:15 PM
Supreme Fan

There was no resolution or conclusion. I am not a fan of this episode. It was ok. I've seen it twice and I feel the same way on both airings. Its too common of a storyline. Too predictable and plot b was a throwaway.

☆Krys ☆
topherkraz78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:43 PM
Master Fan

I adore this ep. I know where you are coming from, Krys, but the season isn't over....they are probably going to plan on resolving in later eps...kinda like an arc.

I loved Rajie's storyline. I felt bad for him. Also, we saw parts of Mrs. W. twice. TWICE!

I give it an 8.5/10

Also, Penny straight up front told Sheldon in conversation she loves Leonard.

Amy handed it to Sheldon and I loved it very much!
Co-Host of The Bazinga Cast|"You belong with me." Olivia to Peter
Thanks to hilery00 for the icon!
kbcountry37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think the episode was great... it made me laugh so much. I absolutely need to re-watch... All the actors deserve an standing ovation for this one!

I went all "GO AMY!" when she got angry... aww and the voicemail message

Penny's second L-word! I might have squealed a little there...

"Ummmmm.."

And our poor little Rajie... owww, I really hope he is okay

• alee | twitter: itsaleeb
alitaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:59 PM
Master Fan

I also really loved Penny making HP references again. Based on what she said, it would seem that she's reading the books and not just watching the movies.
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:03 PM
Extreme Fan

Kunal KILLED the scene when he heard she might bathe him
Old 02-07-2013, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by alitaah (View Post)
I think the episode was great... it made me laugh so much. I absolutely need to re-watch... All the actors deserve an standing ovation for this one!

I went all "GO AMY!" when she got angry... aww and the voicemail message

Penny's second L-word! I might have squealed a little there...

"Ummmmm.."

And our poor little Rajie... owww, I really hope he is okay
I am counting down the minutes until I see it again. From the basic info I knew (more than I usually know, but not report-esque), I didn't expect to like it as much as I did!

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:17 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirubreezy (View Post)
Kunal KILLED the scene when he heard she might bathe him
Completely agree.

The Raj subplot was a throwaway, but it was really funny IMO. Loved getting a better glimpse of Mama Wolowitz. Kunal was amazing when he realized that she had taken his clothes and during the second video chat with Howard. Great job. Howard's story about Raj's possible Saturday night plans was hilarious too.

I really liked L/P's interactions too. I thought that Penny's reaction was pretty subdued and mature for her. It was very cute that she admitted once again that she did not want to break his heart because she loves him. Leonard was being pretty logical in his arguments, he was not whiny or trying to guilt her into agreeing. I think the situation was pretty realistic under the circumstances.

As for Sheldon and Amy, I took my thoughts to the corresponding thread.

The only thing I didn't like is the rushed ending/non-resolution. The promo was totally misleading (SHOCKING, I know) when it said that things would change forever, unless this is setting something up for down the road. However, I doubt that the living arrangement/dynamics are going to change any time soon, if ever.
moyrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyrani (View Post)
Completely agree.

The Raj subplot was a throwaway, but it was really funny IMO. Loved getting a better glimpse of Mama Wolowitz. Kunal was amazing when he realized that she had taken his clothes and during the second video chat with Howard. Great job. Howard's story about Raj's possible Saturday night plans was hilarious too.

I really liked L/P's interactions too. I thought that Penny's reaction was pretty subdued and mature for her. It was very cute that she admitted once again that she did not want to break his heart because she loves him. Leonard was being pretty logical in his arguments, he was not whiny or trying to guilt her into agreeing. I think the situation was pretty realistic under the circumstances.

As for Sheldon and Amy, I took my thoughts to the corresponding thread.

The only thing I didn't like is the rushed ending/non-resolution. The promo was totally misleading (SHOCKING, I know) when it said that things would change forever, unless this is setting something up for down the road. However, I doubt that the living arrangement/dynamics are going to change any time soon, if ever.
I totally agree with you.

On the promo, I think it is setting something up for down the road, but I'm not sure it's not too far down the road to make excuses for the promo.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
This is L/P related, but it's still this ep...Penny calling Leonard 'Ernie' made me happy because in Creepy Candy she talked about how her friend and her got in that fight because they made a pact to marry Bert and Ernie and they both wanted Ernie.
Its been years since I watch Sesame Street, Berts the tall one right?

I agree it's good the writers remembered the Bert and Ernie stuff from before.
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Awesome ep!

-Sheldon spoiling Leonard on purpose
-penny's reaction to Leonard
-kunal running away from mrs wolowitz
-Angry Amy!
- Sheldon admitting his feelings
-freaky Bernadette and Howard

-SEEING MRS WOLOWITZ!!!!

My little daughter was watching w me, I told her.
Me:"Look mrs wolowitz"
My little one: " Wow, she's big"
Old 02-07-2013, 10:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
Its been years since I watch Sesame Street, Berts the tall one right?

I agree it's good the writers remembered the Bert and Ernie stuff from before.
Bert is the one with the taller narrow head, Ernie has the rounder head. I honestly cannot remember their heights.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

A drinking game to play on your next viewing. Every time someone utters "ummmm" take a shot.
Captain Riterra Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:28 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Quote:
You know this already, but that's exactly what I thought of too! That S3 episode made me compare Bert and Ernie to Sheldon and Leonard, so I loved how that came up again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyrani (View Post)
I agree. I'd skimmed through the report and wasn't sure what to expect as far as how it would be played out. Definitely think Penny should have spoken up in the first place, but at the same time she could have done worse.

What bothered me most about the episode was the big spoiler that Leonard gets upset about is that Dumbledore dies. HOW WOULD HE NOT KNOW THAT. Raj has referenced "the fourth Harry Potter movie," they were all watching Sorcerer's Stone in 4x17, Howard has made a Quidditch joke to Leonard... Even if somehow Leonard had just seen the movies and didn't get around to the books, and somehow didn't see the last two movies either... Just given the people he spends his time with, he would have HAD to have known about the death somehow.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
ennaxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Bert is the one with the taller narrow head, Ernie has the rounder head. I honestly cannot remember their heights.
Now I'm forever going to picture Sheldon and Leonard as Bert and Ernie and will probably search for corresponding characters to associate with the other four TBBT characters while watching Sesame Street with my nephew.

Though connecting my childhood favorite roommates with my two favorite current tv series ones will be no problem anyway.

The Harry Potter references made me think of S/L as Ron Weasley and Harry Potter too.