Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2012, 11:13 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
What was wrong with it?

(This is a serious, not sarcastic, question)
I found the whole episode entirely lacking.

The Howard storyline was sad, not funny. However, Howard to his credit has done the best acting of anyone this season.

The Raj and Stuart storyline was cringe worthy, certainly not funny.

The Amy, Penny, Leonard, and Sheldon storyline was weak. Sheldon was his usual uber-overbearing self, and I cannot ever imagine him agreeing to a wrestling match with anyone. Amy just wasn't funny; her line about playing Operation with a cadaver was weird. Leonard was just so blah this episode. Penny wasn't funny; she was snarky in a mean way. This whole season Penny has gotten more and more unlikeable. Are the writers trying to make us dislike her? If so, they are succeeding. It almost seems like she is turning into the female version of Sheldon, except Sheldon isn't as mean as Penny.
ftcmnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:08 AM
Loyal Fan

So many things had me laughing in this episode, but by far the one that really cracked me up was Raj's line about hole filling.

Yes, I'm a dirty, dirty, dirty girl.

The other moment that really tickled me pink was when the dentist started yelling. I was like...at last! It's the perfect man for Mrs. Wolowitz!!! I just about died, that was so awesome. Go, Mrs. Wolowitz, go!!!

The games were hilarious, especially Sheldon falling over while clutching the board and the girls winning that round. I also loved the "Where's Waldo" without glasses, and Sheldon and Leonard's high five over answering the physics questions in Spanish. Something about that was just classic. The close up of Sheldon's face, especially after Penny's first kiss to his nose - he looked so shocked and affronted, like he was completely stunned by what just happened. And then when Amy gangs up on him too, he's so adorably confused and lost and befuddled that I just loved it. Go girls.

All in all, it was a very cute episode. I thought that the stuff with Howard would make me sad, but the way it was played actually made it fine. Howard's a little disappointed and confused, but I don't get the feeling that everything is so horrific that he's just going to lose his marbles. So he's a little disappointed, and his return didn't exactly go the way he planned - he'll get over it. Everyone is proud of him and happy to see him home - even Sheldon is going to express his admiration. He'll be fine.

I thought Melissa ruled the episode - the way she said "honeymoon," or wiped her nose with her hand and arm, and the way she was so excited to rip off Howard's little pants was hilarious. And for the first time, when she was trying to talk to the chauffeur, I got the impression that Bernadette really belongs to this crowd, because she can't quite strike up a successful conversation with normal, dumb people either.

I caught a few glimpses of Mayim's hand, and you could tell she was working hard to hide it, and that it's still painful. She could barely balance the Pictionary box on it, it looked like even that weight really hurt. Since she was so hampered by trying to hide her hand all the time, I felt that her movements and energy were a little lacking, because she wasn't free to move around much - she had to continually make sure she was standing behind someone or keeping the book over her hand so it stayed hidden. I felt that her usual body language, or perhaps just the fact she was stuck on the couch so much, wasn't there. But her line about the cadaver was funny, as were her expressions over Sheldon's drawings.

Yes, Sheldon, this time even Leonard and Amy didn't get them. But bravo on that blueberry snort - you took that like a champ at Leonard's bidding, and just kept going. Between that and the fact you didn't have a cow over the kissing (ew! germs on your face!), I feel like he was making such great strides.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:32 AM
Passionate Fan

I'll be watching the episode again, I was looking forward to it ever since the taping report - it did not disappoint!

Game night was the best
- Leonard being cranky with Sheldon during the Where's Waldo.
- Sheldon: "I'm okay...." *falls over* "I'm not okay...."
- PENNY KNOWS LONG DIVISION!? I was a little shocked, and proud of her at the same time. Take THAT, Cooper!
- The girly scream from Sheldon during the wrestling game! And the kisses. I'd love to pin him down...
- The girls kicking their asses in general. Muhaha.

I'm glad Howard is back home. Not exactly the welcome he would have liked, but it was hilarious, from Bernie, to his mother, and then visiting Raj...

Raj and Stuart filling each other's holes... Ohmygod.

Awesome episode. I hope there are more like it to come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
Just a shame we didn't get to see Penny in the wet t-shirt round

ETA but the best part of that was Amy didn't make a comment on it.
Amy did have a slight look of disappointment on her face, though.
notyoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:51 AM
Addicted Fan

Can't-wait-to-watch. What a long, long work day.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomita (View Post)
Can't-wait-to-watch. What a long, long work day.
Likewise, in UK, downloaded remotely and transferred to Network ready to watch on TV this evening. A day at work then 4 hr drive home, still, something to look forward to.
zhalen565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

That was the funniest episode of Season 6 so far

I loved that pictionary game and then the one with math were Sheldon fainted after he was a little dizzy after spinning around that lightsaber

And I understood a little bit of that Spanish from Sheldon and Leonard. Haha Sheldon tried to make an own game

And I loved that wrestling! Haha Amy was so not saving Sheldon this time from Penny There you go Sheldon its junior rodeo on you know that

And I loved their pie faces so funny

Bernadette was hilarious with her sniffy nose and the snoring

Poor Howard he didn`t get the welcome he expected.

But I loved that scene in Raj´s apartment with Stuart.

I didn`t expect that the episode was over as Howard was sitting alone in that bar but it was okay.

Simon was great as disapointed and desperate and sad Howard. I so wanted to comfor him.

And I loved his scream as they flew back to earth

I have to watch that episode again! Haven`t laughed so much for a long time
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by me~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~

Last edited by BlackWhiteRose; 10-19-2012 at 04:06 AM
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

I kept wondering during the pie-eating contest if the pie was vegan.

Icon taken from Off Duty by ~MrsSpock
xmarisolx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think Mayim would have done it if it wasn't-I'm sure if she had to, she would have made a vegan pie and just brought it with her.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:34 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmarisolx (View Post)
I kept wondering during the pie-eating contest if the pie was vegan.
I had the same thought. I would bet money that it was. They gave her vegan ice cream after all when the girls had ice cream.
Musickat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

Best episode of the season so far IMO.

I am upset with my local CBS because they didn't air the Where's Waldo scene. They keep airing commericals and when they came back it was the end of that scene. I will have to watch online later today to see that scene.

Yes the pie was vegan. Here is Mayim's BTS on the pie eating contest scene:

http://www.kveller.com/mayim-bialik/...veller.com+%29
SaraG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the link.
Then everything´s okay But I want that recipe of that pie.

I loved that pie scene
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by me~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraG (View Post)
Best episode of the season so far IMO.

I am upset with my local CBS because they didn't air the Where's Waldo scene. They keep airing commericals and when they came back it was the end of that scene. I will have to watch online later today to see that scene.

Yes the pie was vegan. Here is Mayim's BTS on the pie eating contest scene:

http://www.kveller.com/mayim-bialik/...veller.com+%29
That was a great and interesting read from Mayim. Thanks!
JengerSnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:24 AM
Extreme Fan

My favorite episode so far! I really don't have any complaints. It was all good.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
5. My hand which we’ve been concealing for the episodes since my accident two and a half months ago was tucked behind my back which was quite uncomfortable.

6. The goal of the scene was to have our faces coated with pie, not to actually eat the pie. This means mushing one’s face all over rather than consuming any pie. It was pretty nasty.
I can imagine.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Except Kaley was actually eating it.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread