Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2012, 03:12 AM
Addicted Fan

I don't know which I love more, Lio's snarky comment or Nicole's self-defense.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:13 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Hey now! I didn't have a phone until I was fourteen (2007), and I never had a gaming system. And we didn't have internet until I was twelve (2005) and it was dial up until last year. We had plenty of games that we played with actual real people...just not that one. We built zip lines with baling twine and hangers, we lightsaber fought with sticks before we had actual lightsabers, we played Piggly Wiggly and Sardines, and we read books. We snuck down to the field where the people brought their trailers to call aliens and pretended to be the aliens calling back. I did plenty prior to getting electronics. I've just never played this specific game.
Now see, Nicole, this kind of wonderful and adventurous upbringing is why I think you continually read having a maturity level older than 18 or 19 to me. I am still pretty amazed that you never played any game that required spinning until dizzy, but I am glad to know that over-abundance of electronics wasn't to blame. Although...dial up until just last year? That really kills me, but then again, I live in downtown Seattle, and everything is totally hardwired in here. I think Seattle might be a little ahead of the crowd when it comes to high speed internet and cable and all of that jazz, especially downtown, where we have plenty of Facebook and Microsoft and Amazon offices, and etc, so I'm probably very spoiled. Especially being downtown - we had huge snowstorms around Christmas here a few years ago, and literally the whole area lost power - except downtown, including the internet, because everything here for me is completely wired.

Yeah, I think spoiled probably covers it.

And was I being snarky? Because I was just trying to be funny. I'm sincerely sorry if I brought any offense.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionne (View Post)
Now see, Nicole, this kind of wonderful and adventurous upbringing is why I think you continually read having a maturity level older than 18 or 19 to me. I am still pretty amazed that you never played any game that required spinning until dizzy, but I am glad to know that over-abundance of electronics wasn't to blame. Although...dial up until just last year? That really kills me, but then again, I live in downtown Seattle, and everything is totally hardwired in here. I think Seattle might be a little ahead of the crowd when it comes to high speed internet and cable and all of that jazz, especially downtown, where we have plenty of Facebook and Microsoft and Amazon offices, and etc, so I'm probably very spoiled. Especially being downtown - we had huge snowstorms around Christmas here a few years ago, and literally the whole area lost power - except downtown, including the internet, because everything here for me is completely wired.

Yeah, I think spoiled probably covers it.

And was I being snarky? Because I was just trying to be funny. I'm sincerely sorry if I brought any offense.
Well, thank you on the maturity thing! But yeah, dial up until last year...we live in the country and high speed was only recently available to us. That song "I feel no shame, I'm proud of where I came from, I was born and raised in the boondocks" is pretty much my theme song. Except I'm not sure if the people in that song lived in a mobile home or not and I definitely didn't. And no, I took no offense, haha.

I'm sure we had 'dizzy games' in elementary school...but I'm such a klutz I probably fell and hit my head and that's why I don't remember-or my not remembering comes from hitting my head falling from our home made zip lines because in retrospect that was not a very smart idea. So I'll learn all about from Penny and Sheldon tonight! And then probably make my room mate play them with me.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:33 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

I've never played that specific game where you lean over something and spin before completing a task, but I was still familiar with the idea somehow.

But anyways, I'm so excited for this episode to air tonight! Such a crackup.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
ennaxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:57 PM
New Fan

Just watched the sneak peek haha Poor Howard! That was so gross. I cant wait to see whole episode.

Last edited by SuperLoveLexi; 10-18-2012 at 02:56 PM
SuperLoveLexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:03 PM
Total Fan

Escaping briefly from my company meeting to say that I just read that Bill is offering a phone call to the first person that guesses the easter egg in the tag. I have a pretty good idea of what it might be. I don't tweet but if somebody wants to give it a shot, PM me.
moyrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know that Roxanne knows it too...but I didn't ask her to tell me. I wanna see if I can figure it out myself.

Old 10-18-2012, 03:45 PM
Elite Fan

There's no chance for me to be the first, tbh, because I'll be watching it 2-3 hours after the East coast.
Musickat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:10 PM
Total Fan

Sorry, dp
Old 10-18-2012, 04:11 PM
Total Fan

Rox is going to give it a shot so I am just going to zip it and go back to my meeting.
Enjoy the episode, everyone!
Believe me, I'll be thinking about y'all and BBT the rest of the evening.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I know that Roxanne knows it too...but I didn't ask her to tell me. I wanna see if I can figure it out myself.
What's an Easter egg? It is literally a Easter egg, a mistake.
What does Bill mean by Easter egg
Old 10-18-2012, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAMY FAN (View Post)
What's an Easter egg? It is literally a Easter egg, a mistake.
What does Bill mean by Easter egg
From Urban Dictionary:

Quote:
Easter Egg

A hidden item placed in a movie, television show, or otherwise visual media for close watchers.

Originates from the the 1975 movie "The Rocky Horror Picture Show," when the cast had an Easter Egg hunt but most of the eggs went unfound. They can be seen throughout the film in various locations (such as under Frank N. Furter's throne).
For example, I had a character from JAG appear in my Leonard/Penny babyfic "The Parental Ambition". The things the character said about herself, and her description, fit the JAG character, but she wasn't named in the fic, she just had one conversation with Penny. A couple of my readers figured out that it was her, but for most people, she was just a random character who happened along at the right time to give Penny advice. That would be an example of an "Easter Egg."

Old 10-18-2012, 04:35 PM
Master Fan

Oh My Gosh! I am dying to see this episode, I can't wait!!
LostInTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Oic. So it's a person who gives advice?I might have an idea then
Thanks
Old 10-18-2012, 04:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAMY FAN (View Post)
Oic. So it's a person who gives advice?I might have an idea then
Thanks
Not neccesarily. For example, the writers of Lost now write Once Upon A Time. So there are lots of "Lost Easter Eggs" in the show. One example is having the character in OUAT eat the same made up candy bar brand as the folks in Lost did.
Musickat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread