Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2011, 09:22 AM
Extreme Fan

I've never like the Priya charter for well, a lot of reasons, but I didn't like the skype scenes at all (other than seeing shirtless!johnny ). Her character hasn't been developed fully to make you care about her enough (good OR bad) so the scenes to me just fell flat. It felt very contrived. I don't mind if there is going to be Leonard/Priya/Penny drama or tension, but if this is the type of Leonard/Priya stuff that we'll be dealing with, I really hope she's gone sooner than later. JMO
Old 09-25-2011, 08:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSoul (View Post)
The skype thing with Priya was very, very funny. I like her and her character, and I think most of the bad feelings she gets from many people comes from the fact she broke up the group (girls + Sheldon / boys+ her) in some episodes.

Seeing her back in a very awkward situation is really nice (her first episode with all that physical comedy cracked me up). Besides, allowing Raj's parents to interact with Leonard was a very welcome surprise and I look forward to skype sessions like these.
Agree
Old 09-25-2011, 11:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

This was such a fun little episode! It felt like season 2 where it was just a simple character driven story. Penny with her sloppiness about the used chair and Sheldon's OCD nature about cleanliness. It really felt like classic BBT. If this is a sign of what is to come in season 5 then it's going to be a great year. I know some didn't like it but I did like Leonard sex skyping with Priya. But that was more because he was so funny not because I like Priya. She needs to go. Total bitch. Even when she's miles away.
DrSnobgrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:36 PM
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSnobgrass (View Post)
This was such a fun little episode! It felt like season 2 where it was just a simple character driven story. Penny with her sloppiness about the used chair and Sheldon's OCD nature about cleanliness. It really felt like classic BBT. If this is a sign of what is to come in season 5 then it's going to be a great year. I know some didn't like it but I did like Leonard sex skyping with Priya. But that was more because he was so funny not because I like Priya. She needs to go. Total bitch. Even when she's miles away.
hah i so i agree with this, that's what i said too. it was definitely a great way to start the season.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:37 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Enlightened (View Post)
tbh i don't like priya because she is controlling when it comes to leonard. e.g. she forbid him to see penny etc. i just don't think she has the right to say something like that, even as his girlfriend. and that comes from someone who doesn't even ship leonard/penny... i wish she would leave already. and with leave i mean, not have scenes. since she's already in india. but it's definitely an improvement.

i was also very happy that they let go of that raj/penny thing fast, since i'm really not up to another love-triangle.
But why Leonard let her control him? Why he acts like he has to do everything what Pryia demands? He is not able to stood up for himself here. His mother was right about him.
evil_hypnotoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_hypnotoad (View Post)
But why Leonard let her control him? Why he acts like he has to do everything what Pryia demands? He is not able to stood up for himself here. His mother was right about him.
You do make a valid point. Even with Penny was trying to please her and being insecure or jealous. With Priya at least he is not insecure and jealous.

We should stand by the woman of everything full stop. How come men support each other and they have this bro codes but we can't stand by each other? Instead of blaming Priya for being manipulative, we should also say Leonard is manipulable. Fair share of the situation.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:56 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fercita (View Post)
You do make a valid point. Even with Penny was trying to please her and being insecure or jealous. With Priya at least he is not insecure and jealous.

We should stand by the woman of everything full stop. How come men support each other and they have this bro codes but we can't stand by each other? Instead of blaming Priya for being manipulative, we should also say Leonard is manipulable. Fair share of the situation.
Well said
Old 09-26-2011, 10:13 AM
Absolute Fan

The reason why many of us call Priya manipulative is two things: the trying to change the way he dresses, along with the glasses, and the "keep away from Penny thing", not regarding their relationship in itself.. every relationship is a two way street, and both ends must give in at some things and that doesn't mean you're manipulative or manipulable.

I don't think Leonard is manipulable but I do think he's unexperienced and clueless on a lot of aspects of having a relationship. Both Penny & Priya are more experienced on them, so of course he's gonna try to do what they consider is right. Leonard does take advice on the others, not only from his couples.. Desperation Emanation comes to mind, when Amy suggested he would go to a bar, and he gets offended and leaves, but next scene, he had gone to the Apple Genius bar, so he did take the advice... and last episode Howard suggested they engaged in cyber-sex and he tried it next.. up until them it was just talking... it was Priya who was convinced by Leonard in that situation if you think about it...

Again, I don't think it is a matter of him being manipulable, but rather unexperienced and don't really knowing what he should do. Remember, before Penny, he only had Joyce Kim before she deflected to North Korea, a fling w/ Leslie, a very short relationship w/Stephanie and (we later found out( a fling with Priya... nonoe of those were real relationships...
Sursonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sursonica (View Post)
The reason why many of us call Priya manipulative is two things: the trying to change the way he dresses, along with the glasses, and the "keep away from Penny thing", not regarding their relationship in itself.. every relationship is a two way street, and both ends must give in at some things and that doesn't mean you're manipulative or manipulable.

I don't think Leonard is manipulable but I do think he's unexperienced and clueless on a lot of aspects of having a relationship. Both Penny & Priya are more experienced on them, so of course he's gonna try to do what they consider is right. Leonard does take advice on the others, not only from his couples.. Desperation Emanation comes to mind, when Amy suggested he would go to a bar, and he gets offended and leaves, but next scene, he had gone to the Apple Genius bar, so he did take the advice... and last episode Howard suggested they engaged in cyber-sex and he tried it next.. up until them it was just talking... it was Priya who was convinced by Leonard in that situation if you think about it...

Again, I don't think it is a matter of him being manipulable, but rather unexperienced and don't really knowing what he should do. Remember, before Penny, he only had Joyce Kim before she deflected to North Korea, a fling w/ Leslie, a very short relationship w/Stephanie and (we later found out( a fling with Priya... nonoe of those were real relationships...
So very well said. It's like a professor in English taking mathematical advice from a undergrad in math. The undergrad would still know more - or have sharper skills - in that particular area even if the professor has more education. When it came to the psychic thing with Penny, Leonard fought it because he has knowledge about the other side. When it comes to relationship stuff, he tends to let the woman lead because he doesn't have as much experience with them. But some women try harder to change him than others. Priya, IMHO, has tried to change him the most. Penny and Stephanie not so much. (Stephanie changed the room, yes, and she bought him new pants, but she didn't push him to wear them, he was doing it for her. She also didn't make him wear contacts, whereas Priya kept asking him to wear them even after they were irritating his eyes.)

So it doesn't surprise me that Leonard lets the women lead. What Yanina said is exactly my thoughts.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:00 PM
Passionate Fan

Leonard wants to be loved. Pretty much every romantic relationship he has ever had ended because the woman wanted out of it. He takes that as a failure on his part. In Leonard's mind a long distant romantic relationship is better than no romantic relationship at all.

In this episode Leonard show how bad he wants to be in a romantic relationship. With Priya he is willing to do and try things to keep her interested in him. I think in Leonard's mind if she is willing to continue this relationship he is doing something right therefore he is not failing.
carl1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

I say one thing is to be inexperienced and another is lacking a common sense and another is being manipulable. Leonard is manipulable because he still thinks he has to do something to please the woman. He is manipulable because he still let Priya tell him what to do and he does it, and he recognizes it "Yes, ok, like always".

He is manipulable because he let Stephanie stay even though he wasn't comfortable and because he wanted the sex.

Priya is manipulative, but Leonard does what she asks to do. You don't have to have the experience of the elder to have common sense, he just does it to please his girlfriends. What real difference does it make if he wears contacts or not? I mean, what could he think he could benefit from bumping over everything? Nothing, he did it because Priya told him to. He learned football because he wanted to mingle with Penny's friends, to have her girlfriend's approval, to stop Raj's train of thought that "Penny thinks Leonard is a little geeky guy who likes to fly kites". He later revised that when he really didn't enjoy the game and thought that his hobbies were not worth something he did not to share his girlfriend's hobbies, but to mingle in her group.

Being manipulable doesn't just mean obeying orders, but being led by outside expectations in society. He wants to mingle, thus, he is manipulable.

He was manipulable when he thought "I...it's just, I need a woman" no one told him to do get a woman, yes it was just a suggestion, but he still did it.

ETA: You could still be manipulated by your own perception of things. And Leonard does that. He thinks this, he thinks that, even if he doesn't agree he thinks he should do it. That he needs to do it.

Last edited by Fercita; 09-26-2011 at 09:29 PM
Fercita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl1970 (View Post)
Leonard wants to be loved. Pretty much every romantic relationship he has ever had ended because the woman wanted out of it. He takes that as a failure on his part. In Leonard's mind a long distant romantic relationship is better than no romantic relationship at all.

In this episode Leonard show how bad he wants to be in a romantic relationship. With Priya he is willing to do and try things to keep her interested in him. I think in Leonard's mind if she is willing to continue this relationship he is doing something right therefore he is not failing.

I remember that was a big point about Leonard, because of his upbringing he tries too hard to please. Like Penny said, that is why the foreplay goes on so long, ( but Leonard doesn't know that , he just thinks he is the king of foreplay )
Leonard has to grow, but like Bill, chuck, Kaley and Johnny have all said, these people are going to grow at a snail's pace.. they are taking their time with them. I think maybe this Priya arc can help in that case, maybe Leonard will start to realize this.
LostInTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInTime (View Post)
I remember that was a big point about Leonard, because of his upbringing he tries too hard to please. Like Penny said, that is why the foreplay goes on so long, ( but Leonard doesn't know that , he just thinks he is the king of foreplay )
Leonard has to grow, but like Bill, chuck, Kaley and Johnny have all said, these people are going to grow at a snail's pace.. they are taking their time with them. I think maybe this Priya arc can help in that case, maybe Leonard will start to realize this.
Yeah he never could please his mother, so he tries to please everyone else. Makes me reel really bad for him.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 09:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteRose (View Post)

The epsiode was hilarous! Loved that chair And Sheldons nightmare about the bugs comming out of the chair was so funny Also before were he jumped out of the chair and paniked (after Penny told him she tooked that chair from the street you know from the garbage) That was favourite scene number one
Number two was the "Howard-Raj-cyberkissing-scene" So amusing And Raj is not gay I don`t believe that anymore no no
Loved the scene were Amy was kinda bitten by something in Pennys chair and then they booth ran out the aparment and down the stairs
And I loved the end were Raj and Howard picked up the chair Penny just had thrown away before and I`m sure Amy or Sheldon helped her with it )
I rewatched it last night and loved it as I did before.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 04:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

It was so funny That chair was creepy
And I loved how Sheldon knocked on Pennys door.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread