Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2019, 09:59 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

So sorry to hear about your mom, Laurence! Sending good vibes her and your way.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
Old 05-04-2019, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sending good thoughts your mom's way, Laurence!

Old 05-05-2019, 11:21 AM
Master Fan

Thank you all
She got surgery today and she's alright for now, but she'll need a much bigger one soon. She has a bowel obstruction which may or may not be a cancer, and she's 94 so, complicated.
~Laurence~
Old 05-18-2019, 01:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm 99% sure I'm turning in my notice at one of my jobs on Thursday morning and I'm super freaking nervous about it because I've never done a formal resignation before. At previous jobs, it's either been the type of job where they expect you to just not come back after a school semester is over (and you just email them to be like hey don't schedule me byyye) or it's seasonal work where you reapply every year if you want to come back. Even the hotel in Kentucky, my boss could tell it was coming when my health spiraled and I just told him "I need to move back to my parents to get this taken care of," and "back to my parents" was 400 miles away so he obviously knew that meant I was leaving. This is my first "typed resignation letter, handed over in person in a previously scheduled meeting" type situation and I am losing. my. mind. over it. I know it will go fine and all, it's just the "knowing I'm going to do it but not doing it yet" thing that's got my anxiety cranked.

Old 05-18-2019, 01:43 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I'm 99% sure I'm turning in my notice at one of my jobs on Thursday morning and I'm super freaking nervous about it because I've never done a formal resignation before. At previous jobs, it's either been the type of job where they expect you to just not come back after a school semester is over (and you just email them to be like hey don't schedule me byyye) or it's seasonal work where you reapply every year if you want to come back. Even the hotel in Kentucky, my boss could tell it was coming when my health spiraled and I just told him "I need to move back to my parents to get this taken care of," and "back to my parents" was 400 miles away so he obviously knew that meant I was leaving. This is my first "typed resignation letter, handed over in person in a previously scheduled meeting" type situation and I am losing. my. mind. over it. I know it will go fine and all, it's just the "knowing I'm going to do it but not doing it yet" thing that's got my anxiety cranked.
Ooof, I can relate to that feeling...I hope it goes smoothly and your employer takes it well

I recently scored a new job, starting in July! It's kind of a boring, customer service bank job but it pays decently considering I'll still live at home. But even so, I don't think that I'll be able to stand doing it for too long without becoming tired of it...
Old 05-18-2019, 07:04 PM
Master Fan

Congrats Jane! and best of luck Nicole, it'll be alright

For me I'm back to LA, but I'll probably need to go back home soon.
~Laurence~
Old 05-20-2019, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Like back to Europe home, Laurence?

I don't know how many of you remember our old mod Amber, but I'll be going to see her tomorrow night. Back when she modded the board we lived about 9 hours apart, but she's living in the same state as me now, about 3.5 hours away. I visited her a couple years ago, and the past week we've both been living by ourselves in houses we normally share with other people, and it's been driving our anxiety mad. My folks are back home this evening, but she's still alone until Friday. I work Tuesday morning and not again until Wednesday night so I'm going to spend tomorrow night with her so she has some company. We're going to go to some book signing and then binge watch TV until we fall asleep, so definitely my kind of night.

Old 05-20-2019, 07:46 PM
Master Fan

ah yes sorry. I will have to go to Paris again, don't know when yet, hopefully not before June.

Have fun with Amber
~Laurence~
Old 05-22-2019, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I had a wonderful time! There is a tiny bookshop in her town that had an author signing, and the book is actually super interesting, she was already planning to go to that so I went along. We basically spent the whole rest of the time discussing TV and fanfic, so....it was very "us."

Old 06-03-2019, 10:07 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

In the Heights started filming today and I am SO excited!

I've loved this musical for like 11 years now, and there have been a handful of false starts in this movie being made, but now it's finally happening.
Old 06-03-2019, 10:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennaxor (View Post)

I've loved this musical for like 11 years now, and there have been a handful of false starts in this movie being made, but now it's finally happening.
Honestly for a while I was seriously doubting that was ever going to be a thing. And I think it should translate well to movie format - some stuff I've see people want to be made into a movie I just don't think would work, or would lose a lot of what makes it awesome on stage if it was made into a movie, but I think this one works well.

Old 06-04-2019, 02:43 PM
Ultimate Fan

Aaah, I'm excited for the In The Heights movie!

Also, still waiting on more info on that Hamilton movie I still hope they will release a filming of the Broadway show but seems like that won't be happening any time soon either

Besides that, has anyone watched the live-action Aladdin? I've been thinking whether I should go watch it in theatres or not.
Old 06-04-2019, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not a fan of the live action remakes - they're really just doing them because they're a for profit way to renew copyright.

I also don't really want a Hamilton movie - it would lose SO much from the stage version. But they have filmed it with the OBC, so perhaps we will see that eventually.

Old 06-05-2019, 09:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm not a fan of the live action remakes - they're really just doing them because they're a for profit way to renew copyright.
I saw it with my roommate who is a fan, but I totally agree.
In this case it's a Will Smith movie. He's good, but not as good as Robin Williams who could do multiple voices. It's a good entertaining movie, not exceptional. It doesn't worth the price of a ticket IMO.
~Laurence~
Old 06-05-2019, 08:45 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Quote:
Honestly for a while I was seriously doubting that was ever going to be a thing. And I think it should translate well to movie format - some stuff I've see people want to be made into a movie I just don't think would work, or would lose a lot of what makes it awesome on stage if it was made into a movie, but I think this one works well.
I was really disappointed when the initial plans for Universal to make it fell through, like 8 years ago, but then once Hamilton exploded I got hopeful that Lin's popularity would help make something happen. And it did!

And yeah - especially since so much of the plot and conflicts are still so incredibly relevant today, I have very high hopes for the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsgood (View Post)
In this case it's a Will Smith movie. He's good, but not as good as Robin Williams who could do multiple voices. It's a good entertaining movie, not exceptional. It doesn't worth the price of a ticket IMO.
I just had dinner with a friend, and the Aladdin movie came up, and she said it was just Will Smith being Will Smith, except he was blue. I've heard a lot of mixed things, but I'll probably end up catching it this weekend. (I have AMC's A-List, so I'm a lot more likely not to see movies I'm on the fence for, because it doesn't cost me anything extra on top of the monthly cost.)
Closed Thread   Post New Thread