Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2019, 10:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Had my second interview today. I think they mostly liked me, so we'll see how it goes. They're a wealthy family with multiple children so they're going to be picky, so we'll see.

Bad news of today is I ended up getting really suddenly sick right before my shift at the hotel, so I had to call in last minute, which I absolutely hate doing.

Old 03-08-2019, 11:31 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, Nicole!

I caught Captain Marvel tonight after work - really enjoyed it! I'll probably try to see it again while it's in theaters.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
Old 03-09-2019, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So my extended family is very old fashioned/conservative. The "I" relatives won't take a vacation until they've figured out what church they'll be attending while they're away, and their kids won't kiss a significant other until their wedding day. The "O" relatives are career missionaries. The "W" relatives are easily the most intense - daily church, homeschooled their kids because they didn't want to subject them to "the sin of public school" they wouldn't let them read Harry Potter or have anything to do with Pokemon, and only let them watch Bible movies on the TV (to make absolutely sure they didn't watch anything else, they would take the cord to the TV and lock it in their room so the kids had to ask before they could watch anything - even as they got older).

Found out today via the "I" relatives (I am not Facebook friends with the "W" aunt and uncle - the entire extended family disapproves of me being a queer liberal who doesn't like Donald Trump but the W aunt and uncle would constantly tag me in posts on Facebook about wanting to call their friends to come save my soul etc etc) that the "W" aunt posted to her page that THEIR ELDEST DAUGHTER IS PREGNANT. She's not married. In the real world this is so not a big deal but to my family? Scandal of the century. And basically the entire extended family that isn't the W relatives think the W relatives are bat crap crazy so they're kinda amused that it's one of their kids. My dad was basically on this conference call with the "I" aunt and uncle all afternoon.

Now it turns out that just minutes after we all talked about this, we went to snoop on their profiles and my W aunt has deleted her entire page. And we *know* given how well we know them that the W uncle is probably ticked that she posted it to social media because now everyone knows that he raised a sinner. :eyeroll: (She moved across the country late last summer and her dad was very public about how he gave her a "talking to" about "conducting herself properly" before he "let her go.")

Re: "let her go" - she's 28.

Old 03-09-2019, 10:37 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Sheesh. I've gotta say, I'm intrigued to hear more about how they deal with this as time goes on...
Old 03-10-2019, 02:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennaxor (View Post)
Sheesh. I've gotta say, I'm intrigued to hear more about how they deal with this as time goes on...
I will give you the full tea on the drama between the W aunt and uncle next time we're on the phone.

Old 03-10-2019, 11:04 AM
Master Fan

Wow that's a kind of big backlash for them, but good for your cousin to finally fly on her own. I hope she really wants this child, it must be difficult enough to cope with her family without adding more drama.
~Laurence~
Old 03-10-2019, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsgood (View Post)
Wow that's a kind of big backlash for them, but good for your cousin to finally fly on her own. I hope she really wants this child, it must be difficult enough to cope with her family without adding more drama.
I think she does, she'd been in a relationship with the guy for a while. What I worry about is these relatives are very big on the whole "hate the sin, love the sinner" thing, so like with me they constantly make a point of going "look you have gone astray and don't appreciate Donald Trump for the person he is but we still love you despite that," "you may be going to Hell for not liking guys but you're still our niece" etc (as you can imagine, it's rather annoying to literally hear that multiple times a day when I see them - like once I legit had them respond, after telling them about a new job I got, with "I'm glad you got this job. I really am glad, the fact that you're gay doesn't change the fact that I want you to have a job." which is like, what???) so I feel like my cousin is going to have to deal with a daily dose of "premarital sex is bad but we love you anyway" for possibly the entire pregnancy, and it's like we get it, you disapprove, you don't have to bring that up every five minutes.

Old 03-13-2019, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well I just got notified that I didn't get that job I did multiple interviews for. Considering all the boxes they wanted me to check that I did check, they must be looking for a unicorn. I noticed they've re-posted their want ad, and it had been up since November when they started interviewing me, so...good luck I guess.

Old 03-13-2019, 09:18 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Sorry Nicole.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennaxor (View Post)
Sorry Nicole.
Honestly as much as I need money I think it's for the best. They probably would have ended up being impossible to work for and I'm pretty sure they had nanny cams which make me super uncomfortable.

Old 03-13-2019, 10:02 PM
Master Fan

sorry Nicole. But yeah, if it's so difficult for them to find someone, they would probably be impossible to work for.
~Laurence~
Old 03-14-2019, 11:39 AM
Ultimate Fan

Oh no Nicole...

It's their loss. I'm sure that a waaay better job opportunity will pop up soon!

I'm in a similar job slump...I emailed my employer from last summer last week and I have yet to get a response...
Old 03-14-2019, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsgood (View Post)
sorry Nicole. But yeah, if it's so difficult for them to find someone, they would probably be impossible to work for.
That's exactly what I'm thinking too.

Old 03-14-2019, 07:00 PM
Master Fan

fingers crossed Jane
~Laurence~
Old 03-18-2019, 11:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Picked up an extra shift at work and of course it's a night when things go to crap.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread