Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2017, 07:00 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsgood (View Post)
It's sad that they don't come to chat and sign autographs anymore, but I understand why.

'merch', I was searching the word, thank you
Is it for safety? Because I totally get that. Lots of crazy people out there.
Old 08-17-2017, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay guys, I am away until Monday, please be good children for Roxanne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FileXxX (View Post)
Is it for safety? Because I totally get that. Lots of crazy people out there.
Probably partly because the show is so popular, they want to limit people selling autographs.

Old 08-17-2017, 04:56 PM
Master Fan

They also want people to leave quickly, and I guess there will be too many people now to ask. The security might be against it, for the actors' safety but also because of the fear of a big group of people near the railings.

I just saw once Kaley sign because she was staying next to the audience seats after the taping, waiting for one of her little "protégé" who has this horrible skin illness to come. There was 2 or 3 women asking for an autograph, the people of Audience Unlimited tried to make them go but they stayed, and finally Alex noticed them and told about it to Kaley sho agreed. Alex took the programs, gave them to Kaley to sign, and then brought them back, she didn't come (but she was speaking to someone). So, thanks to Alex finally
~Laurence~
Old 08-19-2017, 10:42 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

That's too bad they stopped. It was usually pretty crowded up at the front of the railings, but I don't remember it ever reaching a level I thought was too much/dangerous. (The crowds that surge forward after Paleyfest panels - those are crazy.)

But I do remember the Audience Unlimited people wanting us to get out of there quickly, and I'm sure they want us all out ASAP so that can go home.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
Old 08-19-2017, 10:42 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

That's too bad they stopped. It was usually pretty crowded up at the front of the railings, but I don't remember it ever reaching a level I thought was too much/dangerous. (The crowds that surge forward after Paleyfest panels - those are crazy.)

But I do remember the Audience Unlimited people wanting us to get out of there quickly, and I'm sure they want us all out ASAP so that can go home.
Old 08-20-2017, 06:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, look at my co-mod double posting.

I had a pretty good day at the races yesterday. I was at Saratoga in New York, and online there was a wager called a National Pick Four - the two stakes races at Saratoga, and then two stakes races at Del Mar in San Diego. It cost fifty cents to pick one horse to win each race, if you had multiple horses in a race on your ticket the price jumped. I decided to bet it and put together a fairly small ticket that cost $18. And I actually had all the winners. So my $18 bet paid $410.05.

Old 08-20-2017, 07:51 AM
Master Fan

Wow, that's pretty great Nicole

~Susanne ~
Old 08-20-2017, 08:50 AM
Master Fan

Wow, good for you Nicole!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennaxor (View Post)
It's probably one of the main reason
~Laurence~
Old 08-20-2017, 09:03 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Wow, look at my co-mod double posting.

I had a pretty good day at the races yesterday. I was at Saratoga in New York, and online there was a wager called a National Pick Four - the two stakes races at Saratoga, and then two stakes races at Del Mar in San Diego. It cost fifty cents to pick one horse to win each race, if you had multiple horses in a race on your ticket the price jumped. I decided to bet it and put together a fairly small ticket that cost $18. And I actually had all the winners. So my $18 bet paid $410.05.
Now that's awesome.
Old 08-20-2017, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I officially hate Canada. First it took an hour to get into the country (just to get to customs, I didn't have any issues with border patrol itself). Then they shut down their freeway just 6 miles from the USA border at Port Huron Michigan, and my gps can't re-route me when my phone is on airplane mode to stop international data roaming. The detour that they sent us on led right to another blocked entrance ramp. I ended up finding a Holiday Inn and going inside and they gave me a paper map of just that town (I was literally within sight of the bridge and couldn't get to it) and I eventually found this obscure entrance ramp that wasn't even labeled in a way you could see it until you were already committed to turning. But after a half an hour of driving around and then asking for help, I finally got onto the freeway just a half a mile from the border and then flew right through customs (because no one could find their way to the bridge there was of course no line at the bridge). I left Albany before 10 this morning and got home at 9 at night.

Old 08-21-2017, 12:02 AM
Master Fan

I don't know any country where the detour are well indicated until the end. Most of the time at one point you have no indications anymore and you're lost in a place you know nothing about.
That's very stressful Nicole, I'm glad you finally made it.
~Laurence~
Old 08-22-2017, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm glad I made it, too.

I had to work yesterday (one of my make up days for having the weekend off) but despite being exhausted it went okay since it was a slow day at the farm. Now I have two days to recover (not a whole lot of time given my chronic fatigue but I'll take it) before we get slammed.

Old 08-22-2017, 02:54 PM
New Fan

I have to go work tomorrow after being off for one month
Old 08-22-2017, 07:16 PM
Ultimate Fan

As for me, tomorrow will probably be my last day of work this semester before I go back to regular hours in the fall. Overall, I think I've had a very busy summer this year with my 30hrs/week summer job, many driving lessons and summer class.

I feel really tired, but I don't wanna complain too much about that because I know that there are many other students who have been working much harder and longer than me
Old 08-22-2017, 08:51 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

So I've wanted to do an escape room for quite a while, and I finally did one last night with some family! Our goal was to find and steal the Mona Lisa in the rooms we were in - we had an hour to accomplish it, finished in just under 34 minutes, and set the new fastest record for the room!

It was a lot of fun, and I really want to do more now!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread