Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2019, 09:02 AM
Master Fan

Big Bang Theory Goodbyes - AKA the thread of tears.

I'm actually still feeling positive right now. We'll see what happens after the finale goes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
I don't know who follows Tara Hernandez (her account is on private settings at the moment), she had some beautiful posts today
https://www.instagram.com/misstarahernandez/
Oh yes, I saw those. Very beautiful.
Old 05-01-2019, 07:21 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

I feel like this is the best thread to write about stuff from last night, so here it goes.

The full emotions about everything ending didn't hit me until the moment I walked inside the soundstage, and then suddenly I found myself tearing up. And all night, different things kept setting me off, and I'd have more tears to wipe away.

When the cast is introduced at the start of the show, they all came out at once in a line, holding hands. (Rather than one by one as their names are called.) And they did the same thing at the curtain call at the end. The standing ovation at the start of the show went on forever - at least a few minutes. And there were so many hugs down on set between everyone before they finally started to get ready to start to shoot.

Right before the first take, there was some loud laughter from the writers (I'm assuming?) way off to the side, and Jim said, "hey, the show's over here."

Somewhere around the halfway point of the episode was the last live scene with all 7 cast members. (Not the last scene with all 7 of them in the episode - just the last one that they did live for the audience. They showed us more pre-taped stuff than usual.) I overheard the cast quietly realize this among themselves, and that knowledge made me extra emotional during that scene. After the first take, all 7 of them huddled together (and Kaley posted a picture of that on her instagram).

The night moved quickly. They didn't do more than 2 takes of any scene, except for a rare line flub, and they showed us more pre-taped stuff than usual. In the second half, Mark Sweet focused on reading the names of as many crew members as he could during breaks between scenes, rather than his usual entertainment routine.

Johnny and Kaley's talk to the audience, was of course, SUPER emotional. Kaley quoted Lorre, something about how the show will live on in our hearts. It looked like just about everyone down on the soundstage was also huddled around to watch and hear what they had to say.

When it all ended, after the theme song finished for the final curtain call, the DJ put on Green Day's song "Time of Your Life." Lorre came down the line of the cast, hugging each of them individually. So many people down on stage were crying. I stood around for a few minutes lingering to watch, before I finally left.

I'll have more posts later to go on about it all ending, and how much it's all meant to me. But for now I'll just say it was truly an honor to be there last night.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
ennaxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 12:33 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the beautiful bts, Roxanne

Wil posted

Last night, I went to Stage 25, now known as The Big Bang Theory Stage, and watched the taping of the final episode of the show that has brought more joy into my life than anything else I've ever done in my professional career.

I have a lot of feelings and emotions to unpack, and they are all too raw and turbulent to do that today. Maybe after I go to the wrap party tonight. Maybe in a few days. Maybe it's too personal to ever properly convey what it means and has meant to me since I joined the show in the second season. Maybe I'll try right now and see what comes out.

I think it's fair to say that if I built a tripod out of my career, the main legs would be Stand By Me, Star Trek, and The Big Bang Theory. It kind of blows me away that I get to say that. It is remarkable to me that I have gotten to have all of these things in my life, when honestly just ONE of them would be more than anyone could hope for on his or her resume.

Mainstream Hollywood doesn't seem to be especially interested in me and what I bring to a production these days. I don't know why, and I don't know if I'll ever be able to do anything to change that, but I can confidently say that I probably have an on-camera acting career today because of Big Bang Theory, and anything I do on camera for the rest of my career will stand on the shoulders of the work I've had the privilege and honor to perform over the last decade.

But all of that is just math and *work*, and while I'm grateful for the work, and proud of the work, what I will cherish for the rest of my life are the friends I've made among the cast, writers, and crew. This is a picture of me with Kevin Sussman, who was in my very first episode way back before I had any grey in my beard, and I love it, because it's this silly thing we did whenever we worked together on the stage. "Hey, let's take a super awkward selfie," I would say to Kevin, and then this would happen. It's moments like this, and relationships like this, that truly matter and make the difference in a life, and I'm so lucky and grateful that I have had so many moments like this, with these amazing humans.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw8F3YyAiug/

~Susanne ~
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 01:33 AM
bfm
New Fan

Thanks for sharing all that Roxanne! I hope you had a truly wonderful time.
bfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 01:46 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for sharing, Roxanne. So jealous.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:07 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for sharing, Roxanne.

Leonard: "Am I like the dryer sheets of your heart?"
Penny: "Better. You’re the lint trap of my love."
~Martin~
*luminous* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 08:32 AM
Master Fan

Thanks Roxanne, everything is mixed up in my head, and I can't find the words to explain how I felt at the moment, or how I still feel right now.
~Laurence~
soundsgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 05:19 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thank you for the BTS info Roxanne! I was feeling a bit emotional just from reading it

It's so sweet that they all got introduced together, holding hands. I believe the Friends cast did the same thing when they filmed their finale :')
IcyBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 09:56 PM
Master Fan

Thanks a lot for sharing that, Roxanne!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsgood (View Post)
Thanks Roxanne, everything is mixed up in my head, and I can't find the words to explain how I felt at the moment, or how I still feel right now.
Old 05-06-2019, 12:38 AM
Master Fan

kunalkarmanayyar This has been the greatest, most emotionally overwhelming, full of love, laughter, and tears week of my entire life. For now there are no more words. Just some radio silence, and good bye. #tbbt

~Martin~
*luminous* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 06:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *luminous* (View Post)
kunalkarmanayyar This has been the greatest, most emotionally overwhelming, full of love, laughter, and tears week of my entire life. For now there are no more words. Just some radio silence, and good bye. #tbbt
~Laurence~
soundsgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 01:23 PM
Master Fan

Instagram is depressing place these days, so much pics and clips of dismanteling our beloved set

Or in the words of John "Holy "..." -this just got real"

~Susanne ~
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's one of those things you know is coming but you still have such a hard time with.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:44 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
Or in the words of John "Holy "..." -this just got real"
And to quote Kunal - "Ugh."
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
ennaxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 09:02 AM
Master Fan

billprady Stopped by the old place.
(3 pictures)

~Martin~