Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2019, 09:38 PM
Master Fan

Yes, I am liking the reboot also. It's not OUR Roswell, but it's Roswell, if that makes any sense. I still can't stand the new Isobel, she's even more annoying than the original (meow). I like the show, and find it irritating at the same time it's heavy handed, the acting isn't great, and they all seem obsessed with sex!

I still have my books, although I replaced the original set when they came out with covers from the TV series I don't think they told what happened to Rosa in the books, but as you say, it was a looong time ago that I read them!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 02-12-2019, 07:43 AM
Total Fan

I have a meeting at church tonight, but find I'm anxious to get home and check the recording of the latest Roswell, NM.

WEN......are you watching, and what did you think? So far I agree with ML.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:12 AM
Elite Fan

keepsmiling and ML I'm glad you like the reboot. I get the any thing Roswell appeal I don't know if I will watch any more I think the only reason I would is to be able to talk to you guys about it

I saw your chair on FB ML very nice!

On that warm day I was in DC and we went to the DC zoo with Margot. Great to be outside....away from the day to day and we got a great show from the tiger.....cool to see Margot looking at him. She loves Emily's ( nut ,mean ) cat. Can't imagine what her little brain was thinking

I was on the road between Liz,OC then straight to DC then back here just in time to cook for Arden and her mom who spent Saturday night here to install Arden back into college for 2nd semester. Was going to Liz's for the day but the wintry mix stopped that so finally relaxing and getting on FF

Back to OC tomorrow after bible study because upstairs neighbor experiencing some issues with his house which has him very upset ( concern about structural integrity) we have a meeting with builder/architect and the structural engineer said architect hired because the house was so big he wanted to make sure of things....he is pretty young) anyway will probably be tense. Upstairs neighbor as you know is a very A type reactive personality. Builder says all is normal settling. We are somewhat concerned but waiting to see how meeting goes. I sure hope Chuck doesn't want to sue or something extreme
Old 02-12-2019, 02:49 PM
Master Fan

Yikes about problems with the rebuilt place in the OC! I hope the meeting isn't too tense and there is no lawsuits (and the place isn't going to fall down, either!)

I felt really sad abandoning my old rockers that I rocked my kids in. Also had tooth marks on the rockers from various dogs gnawing on it a bit. The new rocker is nice (with a couple of pillows).

Wen sent me a link to some Roswell (original) Max and Liz videos on YouTube and it made me sad, how little I remember the show at this point, except to remember how much I loved it and the fun we had Hardly recognized most of the scenes, outfits, hairdos, situations or whatever in those clips (lots of kissing and hand holding etc). It's been a long time (and I am old, and I never watched the episodes obsessively over and over and over again).

We have SNOW today - the weather people are all whipped into a frenzy over it, everything is cancelled, even though it might only be 4 inches, and it's going to be above freezing all of next week, so it's a temporary inconvenience/danger at best. Supposed to turn to rain, and I assume will wash away again. But you'd think it was snow-mageddon, to listen to the weather. They cancelled everything, schools, churches, you name it. Oh well, better safe than sorry. I haven't even left the house today (although Mr ML was chauffering Barbara around to various food stores this morning).

Feeling overwhelmed about getting ready to go to FL, but I know it will get done, and I know it will all be fine, and
we'll probably have a lovely time - just saw a sports guy on the news reporting from Fort Myers Red Sox spring training and he was in shirt sleeves and flowers were blooming behind him... Ahh.

Oh we were grocery shopping yesterday, picking up a couple of things at Whole Foods and Mlette was with us, and she spotted the actress Eliza Dushku and her real estate mogul hubby in the checkout line! She is from this area, married a guy here, I think I read she decided to go back to college (or go to college?). Then there was the recent unpleasantness with CBS and Michael Weatherly sexual harrassment and a $9 million payoff... So she can afford to shop at Whole Foods! Rarely have celebrity sightings - I think the last one was our then Governer Michael Dukakis on the subway (guy who took a ride in a tank that somehow sank his presidential bid). Ugh, don't make me think about 'presidential' and how our current guy is so NOT. :<
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan

Last edited by MyrnaLynne; 02-12-2019 at 02:54 PM
Old 02-12-2019, 03:08 PM
Elite Fan

ML I had the rocker I rocked my kids in recained for Emily but she has a nice padded glider and no room for it so I have it at the Haven now. I can't belive I did both kids in that rocker...and loved it....now that I know what the gliders mothers use now. So soft and comfy. Then I also can't believe I had both pregnancies in a normal double bed boy so much younger and less spoiled!

Yea I hope Chuck doesn't loose his mind and that he and we can get good answers from the 3 we are meeting with! Basically Chucks kitchen cabinet has moved off the wall about a I/2 inch and his floor is tilted I guess because he says a rolling pin rolls from the wall and that his top shelf of his dishwasher slides forward. The living area is open and large and the builder did put a steel beam in to support but maybe it is settling badly. My brother says everything has a fix but it might be hard to get them to pay for it. Hopefully it isn't as bad as Chuck is thinking! I'll let you know how it all goes.

Our Kitchen doesn't have that problem but we moved ours to the back wall and Chucks is in the front facing the view( and blocking it) such a dumb floor plan....that right there should have alerted us about the young architect Our floor is a little warped because podad remembers that a door had to be trimmed to fit but I haven't noticed it. The house is on pilings so it will move a little more than regular houses but we also payed for extra pilings to be on the safe side. Ugg it's always something. But for sure a first world problem as they say.

Once you are in Florida you will forget all the anxiety!

Your sister in law has really been leaning too much on you guys. It would be good for her to get a little more independent. Does she have kids?
Old 02-14-2019, 02:22 PM
Total Fan

PODMOM........so sorry to hear about the building problems at OC. You are suppose to be only enjoying the grandchildren, not dealing with that.

ML........loved the rocking chair discussion. Like Podmom mentioned for her Emily, I have one of those wonderful padded glider rockers. Bought it for my grandchildren some time ago. Now I have to run people out of it, because all family members love to sit in it when they visit. Hope you have everything organized for the Florida trip.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone.
Old 02-15-2019, 05:49 PM
Elite Fan

keepsmiling I hope you had a nice Valentines day. Did you see the pix of Jason,KaDee she posted on the other threads?

House isn't going to fall down

Uptight upstairs neighbor does have a legit problem....a small part of floor has a slant and one side of kitchen cabinets coming loose from the wall.

The professionals were very convincing in assuring us that house sound and that they would fix the problem. Our house has no issues. They said ours (on the bottom) would have huge cracks/nail pops etc in the ceiling and around the doors if the steal beam holding up chucks floor and the top of the house was compromised. So that is a relief.

ML and Wen
Old 02-17-2019, 06:32 AM
Total Fan

PODMOM........that's better news regarding the OC location. The uptight neighbor will probably always cause problems.
Yes, I did get to see the great picture of Jason and KaDee. What a beautiful family they are!
Old 02-17-2019, 06:40 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for sharing in my relief

The beautiful threesome
Old 02-17-2019, 12:16 PM
Master Fan

Glad the OC house problems are minor/fixable and it's not going to fall down around your ears! Hope difficult neighbor is satisfied.

UGH, my printer suddenly decided to not print black anymore (and you can't print any other color without the black). Tried changing the ink, even though indicators said it was still 3/4 full. Nope. Did troubleshooting, tried to clean the 'print head' which is tray the inks sit in and it was very gunky. Hoped that fixed it. Nope, now it said there is a problem with the print head, or it's not installed right, etc. SIGH. But I ran the cleaning thing, and it printed out a fine sheet reporting all the colors - except still not printing black! I've been working on this for hours and hours. Thank goodness it printed out our tax return copies before it quit working propertly!

I hate to toss it and get another one but might have to - need to print out information for our trip, hotel confirmations and such (if I ever make reservations...) We could replace it easily enough. I need to get out of the house and away from this printer while the sun is still shining - we're getting snow tomorrow. Supposed to snow and snow and snow for hours, but not amount to much! I hope they're correct!

Yes, those padded glider/rockers are much nicer and probably comfier for babies than the hard wooden arms of a rocker! I got an upholstered rock and swivel chair somebody put out for the trash around the corner and I love it (and thank goodness, no bedbugs or anything). It was in great shape, makes me happy. I replaced my rocking, swiveling last chair with a recliner and I am just not a reclining person! Very uncomfortable.

Saw the new Valentine Behr family photo. They look as gorgeous and happy together as ever. Wonder if he'll ever do acting again? (sigh)

I am liking the new Roswell NM, just for the mystery part of it, what's going on? Who killed Rosa? Will Liz ever admit she loves Max? Stay tuned! Hahaha.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan

Last edited by MyrnaLynne; 02-17-2019 at 12:22 PM
Old 02-17-2019, 05:37 PM
Elite Fan

ML how frustrating !!!! Ugg. You really stuck with it! I hope you don’t get tons of snow. We are supposed to get some Wednesday . I could live without it

I’m glad you are liking the new show. I can’t get into the new plot lines but oh well just not my cup of tea but I like hearing about it
Old 02-18-2019, 10:24 AM
Total Fan

ML........are you all packed for Florida? Too bad that you aren't already there. Do you have to take lines, pots & pans and stuff like that?

PODMOM.....it's nice to have you around for awhile. I bet your daughters are missing your help though.
Old 02-19-2019, 09:29 AM
Master Fan

No places to rent in Florida come all furnished and with equipment, sheets, towels, etc, you just have to go there and stock up the fridge. That's how we could sell Dad's condo with pretty much everything in it instead of having to clean it out; that's the kind of places people want in Florida - 'turn key'-! Well, I'm hoping we'll have everything we need down there! I might bring some gadgets, like can lid lifter, stuff like that.

NO I haven't packed ONE THING yet! I brought the big suitcase out of the closet, filled with my summer clothes (that's where I store them), but that's it. Tick tock! Days are going by.

We decided to stop wrestling with the printer, as I need to print stuff SOON for our trip, and just get a new one. Figured getting this one serviced, replacing the printer head, etc probably would cost as much or more, and still might not fix it properly. Feel bad about it. Place we bought the printer said we can drop off the old one for recycling, that's nice. Haha, they'll probably refurbish it and resell it? Who knows. I'm about to tackled the installation (wish me luck and no hair tearing out). I wish my IT guy son wasn't in Texas, he can do this stuff so easily.

We got about 3 or 4 inches of snow, not too bad; it was light snow, easy to shovel/brush off things, and pretty. Although it was 10 degrees this morning and supposed to snow again tomorrow, but I think the usual snow, turning to rain, warming up and melting so I hope it won't be too bad. Aside from a few bitter cold days and a couple of small snows, it hasn't been a bad winter at all. Just hoping the weather cooperates when we have to drive down the East Coast!

MLette booked plane tickets and is coming down for a week, so now we really have to get down there!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 02-19-2019, 05:24 PM
Total Fan

ML......I had to laugh, your daughter already has plane reservations to come see you in Florida. You better get there fast!
Sorry you had to buy a new printer, but that's the way things go these days. The new ones are always cheaper than repairing the old ones. I think they call that build in obsolesce.

All is well here, expect some of the grandkids in March during spring break. As of today I have all of our income statements ready for the CPA. I will hand deliver them in the morning, before I take my oldest son to the doctor for eye surgery.

I will miss having a new Roswell, NM this week.

Hello PODMOM and WEN.
Old 02-20-2019, 11:42 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you keepsmiling for noticing I'm around more and even better liking it

You are so good to have your taxes ready already. Our statements are only beginning to come in. One always seems comes after the 15th...weird... extensions are us we almost never get money back ( unless our accountant pays too much in estimated taxes) so don't mind extensions. I would be such a terrible accountant

Nice your son must live near you if you get to drive him to Dr

ML I guess we might be having the snow you had. Same pretty fluffy snow. I just swept a path on my deck so I could refill the bird feeders. We are to get around 5 in. I love watching all the different birds that come in mass when it snows. Bible study canceled and I am making soup and then a cake ...for us ...I usually take cakes away so making this one just for podad. Cozy snow day with time for posting away

So nice Mlette coming for a week! How long are you staying again?

Good luck with the printer set up!! ….podad does all that. I would have trouble