Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2019, 09:43 AM
Total Fan

Watched the reboot.
I am old, and the original characters can never be replaced in my mind.

It just so happens my granddaughter was in town for a work conference, and she wanted to watch the first segment I had recorded. It's interesting that she and I used to watch the original series together so many years ago. Jennifer is young, and enjoyed the political take on things. Her main comment was that they tried to cram in too much plot wise, the original series let more things develop later.

Did anyone else watch?
Old 01-17-2019, 12:47 PM
Elite Fan

I haven’t but it is on my DVR to watch when I get a chance. I was only gone in PA for a day before coming to Liz where I am now.

Keepsmiling that is sweet that you got to watch the rebootbeith your granddaughter!
Old 01-21-2019, 06:42 PM
Total Fan

Soon it will be time to watch the second part of the Roswell reboot. I have the series set to record, so I'll probably watch it sometime.

Right now Victoria Season 3 has started, and I'm loving all of the historical facts that come forth. I'm doing lots of research after I watch each part.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:19 AM
Addicted Fan

Hi Everyone!!! I am sooo sooo sorry for being sooo MIA! But I think of you all very often and wonder how you are all doing! I read a little of the last few pages and I'm so glad everyone had a wonderful Christmas and Hanukkah! Mine was very nice with my family. We reserved a special room at the Facility and had a very special Christmas Party for MOTHER and the whole family came! She was thrilled beyond words and had a Wonderful time. She loved the food and goodies and she especially loved all the presents she got too! She was very, very happy and that made me very happy!
As for my Christmas, my oldest son had all of my family and my brother Duane and his family all at his house for Christmas Dinner and then presents after dinner. It was a lovely evening.
I've been going to Physical Therapy in the Therapy Pool which is the size of an average pool and it's so warm and Wonderful with the temp at 92 degrees, and I've been doing my exercises which are much easier under water. But it really hits you the next day how sore your muscles are from all the exercising. Now my PT Pool Therapy is over, which I'm very sad about, but insurance only will pay for a certain amount of sessions, and I've reached my limit. But it was Wonderful while it lasted!!! I'm hoping to be able to be added to my oldest son's family plan with his gym, which is only about $20 a month, and I can afford that, but I can't afford a $500 + gym sign up membership plus the $100 per month dues! So we'll see because I'd really like to continue exercising in the water as I can't exercise on land as easily.

I will try to get back here more often, and again, I am sooo sorry for being sooo MIA.
Biggest Hugs to you all!!!
Wen
JB's Obsessed Fan#64
( I LOVE JASON BEHR!!!)
"God never gives you more than you can handle.
I just wish He didn't have so much Trust in me."
...Mother Theresa
Old 01-22-2019, 07:39 AM
Total Fan

WEN.........what a wonderful surprise to see you dropped in. The water therapy sounds super, and just what you needed. Hope you get to continue with the family membership with your son.
Drop in again soon, we miss you.
Old 01-26-2019, 01:58 PM
Addicted Fan

Hi Everyone! Where is everybody?!
Has everyone been watching the Roswell Reboot? I kind of like it even tho' it's so different. It's just too bad they don't have any of the original cast on.... That would have been Great if they did! I wonder what the original cast thinks about the Reboot? I'd love to know!
So what does everyone think about the Reboot so far? I'm curious to know! Like? Dislike? Or Still Deciding?
I Hope Everyone has a Great Weekend!!!
Biggest Hugs,
Wen
JB's Obsessed Fan#64
( I LOVE JASON BEHR!!!)
"God never gives you more than you can handle.
I just wish He didn't have so much Trust in me."
...Mother Theresa
Old 01-27-2019, 07:40 PM
Master Fan

I've watched two episodes of the new Roswell (I think that's all they've had so far) and find that I like it. It's not OUR Max and Liz etc but it's Roswell and aliens with a very different twist on things.

Keepsmiling I think your granddaughter is right, I thought things were moving along awfully fast! Here's the Pod Chamber! Here's the evil military conspiracy place! Then again people have such short attention spans nowadays. I don't like the new Isabel (now spelled Isobel) - she's sort of strident and nasty, and has that big mole and turned up nose and tons of fake eyelashes. And Maria is a very peripheral character (since Michael likes Alex instead of her, this time around). And Kyle is a doctor! And Sherrif Valente is a woman. All very interesting. I'm not crazy with the new Max and he and new Liz (who I like very much) don't seem to have a lot of chemistry. I like Liz's Dad too. Not fannish about it in the least, but it's interesting.

The CW seems to be re-airing the Roswell episodes on other nights too, trying to get people to watch it. It's tough being on Tuesday night opposite several other shows I watch. I'm glad we got the new TV service and can record it to watch later - I'd almost forgotten how handy that was, since our VCRs didn't work anymore.

Wen good to see you here! I hope you can keep using that pool and feel better.

Well, those couple of below zero days we had made me decide that we are indeed going down to Florida this winter! It was too late for January or February, but we're going to go in March (when the snowbirds start thinking about going home). I rented a place in Cape Coral that looked nice (hope it will be nice)! Mr ML is really happy - he was sorry we were staying here all winter (he hates the cold, although he loves shovelling snow - burns up his excess energy). He just wants to go back and bird watch like he did last winter.

We just did a weekend get away to Cape Cod; there was an orchid show down there and we stayed overnight in a hotel (although as it turns out, we didn't really need to; it wasn't as long a drive there as I thought). But it was a nice get away/break from our routine of doing nothing in retirement We were just gone overnight/one day, but felt like we were away a long time!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 01-29-2019, 11:42 AM
Total Fan

WEN.......we're so glad to have you back. I'm like you, curious what everyone thinks about the reboot. There seem to be many mixed feelings. I will be watching.

ML.......as I told WEN, I will be watching the reboot. But not when they originally air because I have a meeting. If it wasn't for the DVR, I wouldn't watch any TV. Once I got spoiled by the recording and skipping through the commercials, I can't sit still for a regular program.

Tomorrow I will watch tonight's episode. I sit there and think, Jason would have done this better.........and Shiri will always be Liz no matter what. The other, the change is okay. Sure do like the new Kyle.
Old 01-29-2019, 02:59 PM
Master Fan

Yes, recording tonight's Roswell. Verdict still isn't in. New Liz is about the only character I like (well I like her Dad too). New Kyle is good too.

Yes the DVR is nice - we've gotten into watching Boston Celtics basketball, and if you record it, you can zip through the commercials and the annoying half-time discussion. Wow, if anybody told me I'd be watching/rooting for sports in retirement, I would have thought they were crazy! LOL!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 02-02-2019, 08:12 AM
Total Fan

ML.......sorry you and MrML didn't make it to FL before all of the miserable weather hit. My granddaughter in Ann Arbor, MI is suffering......they all have to work at home.

Still watching the recordings of Roswell, NM. Also still missing the original cast!
Old 02-03-2019, 01:55 PM
Elite Fan

Great to see our Wen stop by!!!!

I’ve been MIA with much travel to grands..... in OC for a couple days of much needed rest the. Back to travel to see both sets.

Just wanted to say a quick hi xxoo
Old 02-03-2019, 09:20 PM
Master Fan

The cold was really bad, but now it's up to 30 and next day 40s, and the next maybe 60! And after that, not going down too low again, at least not for awhile. It feels SO nice not to be cold! We didn't get the ridiculously low, way below zero weather they got in Michigan and N. Dakota and up there, but it did get below zero, and zero, and 5, etc, and that was way cold enough. Saw things online where toilet tanks froze solid and burst, pipes burst and filled the house with icicles.. We left our kitchen hot water tap dripping, just in case, so it wouldn't freeze.

We're going down to Florida in March, it will probably still be cold up here, and not be too hot down there yet (I hope!). A few of those really cold days convinced me to sign up for a place! The 'snow birds' start heading back north in March (but then, they like to be home for Easter and springtime).

Glad you are seeing the grands a lot Poddy! They are so sweet!

I had a 'Grandmother' mug (I inherited from my mother-in-law) and I sent it to my college friend who had her first grandson, because it really looks like no grandkids for us,so I figured she would enjoy it. And Wow did she have a giant grand baby, he was 11 lbs 2 oz! (faint!) That poor mother. And nobody in the family is big or heavy at all; weird. That kid's thighs look like tree trunks. But he's 1 now, and starting to walk - soon he'll be running and slim down, I'm sure. But who knows, he might just grow up to be a very big man, like Hoss Cartwright.

Barbara across the street did something to her knee, so hasn't been over for a few days (for her daily cup of tea). Sorry she hurt herself, but it's been a nice break from her
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 02-05-2019, 06:23 AM
Total Fan

PODMOM.......so glad you dropped in. Enjoy those grand's every minute possible. They do grow up!
Old 02-07-2019, 09:42 AM
Master Fan

PodMom there is a lot of sex in this new Roswell, as they are 'adults' I think for the most part they are all terrible actors, but because it's Roswell, I still find it sort of riveting to watch, even while it's annoying me at the same time.

Got a new rocking chair and it came yesterday (assembly required) and we put it together. The arm cracked off my old one and we couldn't really repair it properly and then it cracked some more... Anyway, now all I need is some grandbabies to rock in it.

The weather warmed up to 60s and we had a couple of beautiful days! Ahhh! Made up for the zero/below zero days (I hope we don't get any more of those!!) But Barbara has had some trouble with her knees, and we had to take her to the doctor yesterday, and she wanted me to come with her (?to hold her hand, IDK), and today we have to drive her to her PT appointment (it's 2 blocks away). Anyway, her neediness and helplessness is getting on our last nerve and we're looking forward to our trip to FL even more now. I know it's mean, but I never claimed to be that nice a person! And she managed to survive two and a half months last winter when we were in FL sorting out Dad's affairs - her one talent is finding people to do stuff for her.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 02-10-2019, 12:02 PM
Total Fan

Much to my surprise, I am still watching the reboot. At this point I am curious as to what happened to Liz's sister, Rosa. Many years ago I read all of the books, matter of fact I still have the complete set. I've forgotten what happened to Rosa in the books, so guess I need to get them out and brush up.

Hope everyone is well and warm.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread