Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2019, 03:55 PM
Elite Fan

It is keepsmiling I have been so grateful for decades regarding glasses. Before that I wore contacts for devades.....Goodness....so so many billions of people have had to just not see well. Now too I get to get an operation that helps a lot and glasses will give me 20/20 vision.... I'm sad it almost was perfect....but still a miracle
Old 11-14-2019, 08:17 PM
Master Fan

Sorry PodMom that the eye results weren't perfect, or that they shifted(?). My grandmother always wore these kitty cat black rhinestone glasses and she'd whip them off for photos and always told her the same thing - she didn't look like herself, without her glasses! Plus she had really old baggy eyes with dark circles under them (much like my own!)

Phew, that's a big price for windows. We did them over time. The front three windows, then the two kitchen windows, the upstairs windows, the rest of the windows (I think we have ?15 window - nope, 20 counting the 5 upstairs), and then we did all of the tenant's windows on the first floor at some point.

Watched that Dolly Parton interview with Robin Roberts - wow, she is such an amazing woman, amazing business gal, ahead of her time with equal pay and equal rights/treatment for women, etc. And doing amazing charity work - and still married to the first guy she met when she got to Nashville, 50+ years. She's so strong but in that charming aw shucks TN way of hers, it disarms people. I'd like to see TN (and Dollywood) some day. Thought about moving to that area for awhile but we are such Northern people.

My son is making noises about maybe coming up for Thanksgiving!! He'd better make plans soon.

I bought some acorn squash for Thanksgiving dinner and then realized it's still two weeks away! I think winter squash keeps a long time (I hope). Saw a recipe in a supermarket magazine I wanted to try, to make a side dish. Vegetarian Mlette needs things to eat (we don't bother with the Tofurkey whatever), she has vegetables and stuffing and potatoes and pie and doesn't go hungry. Oh, I bought the cutest set of chocolate turkeys at Trader Joe's today - thought they'd make nice 'party favors' on the plates at Thanksgiving. Mr ML thought I was nuts, but I bet they kids will love them.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 11-15-2019, 11:52 AM
Elite Fan

I love Dolly ML gifted in so many ways and can even play guitar with those crazy long nails she I'm sure has her guitar tuned to a chord so all she has to do is place her finger over all 5 strings on the neck. Still awesome

I hope your son comes. Would he bring his wife? I know she is way delicate. I think your squash would stay fresh in the garage. How many pps are you having?

I just found out we will all go to OC for Thanksgiving....then all travel to Emily's for a couple days so Liz and fam can see their new house. I need to get a room at a hotel....no room and we will need time away from the fray
Old 11-16-2019, 11:03 AM
Total Fan

ML.....great news about your son coming. PODMOM already knows she is going to be at OC and we plan to go to Hubby's daughters house in Houston.
Old 11-17-2019, 01:42 PM
Master Fan

Well, son took his car in for service (and waited 7 hours!) and it cost a lot, and now he's not coming again, doesn't feel he can afford it. But he has vacation time to use up, so maybe he'll come up in December.

Wow, it's so cold here today. Thermometer says 30, but the cold is just seeping in. We just looked out and there are a few lazy little snowflakes falling. They aren't staying, melting when they hit the ground but, still.. snow.

Yes, how does Dolly play guitar with those long fingernails? I guess years and years of practice.

Thanksgiving in the OC sounds good Poddy as does Keepsmiling's plan for T-Day in Houston.

LOL, we don't have a garage, and I think they'll be okay in the fridge (although our back hall is colder than a garage). Hm. I was worried the cans of Coke Mr ML has stored back there for his poker guys will freeze, but he's not worried (he's never worried about anything...)

He's joined the Y and is going there just about every day (he does every new enthusiasm obsessively) and I'm worrying he's going to waste away and lose weight. It's good though, he has a lot of energy to burn and he hates the cold, so it's a good solution, to be able to exercise indoors over the cold weather.

Woo, looks like that spouse social security thing will come through - I saw a 'pending deposit' in the bank. Of course Social Security site said "A decision has been made and we'll be mailing you a letter about it" I think their decision was 'Okay'!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 11-17-2019, 07:11 PM
Total Fan

ML.......sorry to hear your son's plans have changed for now. Maybe later he can come and use some of that extra vacation time he has.

Hubby's oldest daughter is visiting this weekend but will return tomorrow to her teaching job. We both love having her here......hubby gave her his old college slide rule......and she's teaching herself to use it. When I was working in 1985 our office got our first computers. I remember all of the engineers got out their slide rules to check to see if the new computers were correct with their calculations.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread