Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2015, 07:18 AM
Elite Fan

I understand

Hope you start the Ladies Detective Agency books - they are guaranteed to make you smile
Old 01-19-2015, 07:22 AM
Elite Fan

that is a great guarantee
Old 01-19-2015, 07:17 PM
Elite Fan

What is your favourite book of all time?
Old 01-21-2015, 03:12 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think I could pick one besides the bible of course...goodness.

I guess if I had to pick one that I have read the most often over the years it would be The Lord of the Rings trilogy. I haven't read it for quite a few years now but for quite a while I would read it every fall ..the same time of year Frodo took off on his journey I would make a fire......have a glass of red wine and just relax....after dinner...while the kids were doing their homework....or on a day like today....snow outside...cozy fire. I thought of making one today to go with the snow but I must be getting too lazy. I do have a cat on my lap so that is cozy. He gets up on my lap and stars at me till I move my laptop over to make room for him
Old 01-22-2015, 03:17 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah i don't think i can answer my own question!!

I haven't read the Lord of the Rings trilogy but i've seen the movies. I don't know if could read the books though; not really my thing.

Aww Podmom that sounds so lovely; a good book, red win, a fire..all that's missing is some chocolate

Books that i've read more than once and will read again one day are To kill a Mockingbird, The Help, Angela's Ashes, A Thousand Splendid Suns, Long Walk to Freedom and so many more.....
Old 01-22-2015, 05:53 AM
Elite Fan

Me too with To Kill a Mockingbird I need to read some of those you mentioned!

I probably did chocolate at some point or something sweet
Old 01-22-2015, 06:38 PM
Elite Fan

The Help is wonderful, as is Angela's Ashes.

I have just started Wild by Cheryl Strayed. It's a first-person memoir of her 1,100-mile hike along the Pacific Crest Trail. It's now a movie with Reese Witherspoon. I've only read the first chapter but I really like it
Old 01-22-2015, 09:53 PM
Elite Fan

I've read the Help and Angelas Ashes

Seen about the movie Wild and read an article about that girl. I'll Netflix it for sure.

The Lord of the Rings might surprise you ....you might just like it
Old 01-24-2015, 05:26 AM
Elite Fan

Maybe!! I did like the movies but i dunno, i just don't like reading about fantasy things
Old 01-24-2015, 05:42 AM
Elite Fan

That is for sure!! The more grit and death and trauma the better

see ya
Old 01-25-2015, 06:25 AM
Elite Fan

Where do you get all your smilies from? They're so funny!!

Wild is really good
Old 01-25-2015, 11:57 AM
Elite Fan

was it? Cool

here is one of my smilie sites...lots of times I just google a thought

Free Smileys :: Animated Emoticons Hug Smiley Faces GIF
Old 01-25-2015, 06:31 PM
Elite Fan

Well, I've not finished it yet but i'm really enjoying it She's very honest about her life and failures which I find refreshing.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:06 PM
Elite Fan

Yea honesty is refreshing these days

I faded on As You Like and started another book. I seem to need total escape these days. It is pretty good. At least it's holding my interest. I can't remember the name of it though D'oh

more snow headed our way

Old 01-27-2015, 12:41 AM
Elite Fan

So good you can't remember its name?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread