Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2021, 05:13 PM
Master Fan

Aww Ekua simply adorable!
Podmom being all inclusive I guess I need to go to sensitivity training for cats….

Team Dog all the way……

Congrats Aubie on your kitten!!!! Also to your induction into the world of cats

Podmom so sorry for your rough days!!! Hoping all tests are negative so you can be with your babies!!! So glad you are still with us
Old 09-24-2021, 05:20 PM
Elite Fan

JJ thanks covid test was negative....praying blood test is then I can move on.

Did your parents not like cats..I think it can be familial
Old 09-27-2021, 02:40 AM
Elite Fan

So sorry Podmom! Very glad you are okay though and fingers crossed everything comes back all good! Lovely to see you back here too!

I grew up with dogs and horses - my mum didn't like cats so I guess I got it from her....I don't 'hate' them (such a strong word!) but i'd definitely rather have a dog. Maybe one day....

Yes JJ! always!!!

Old 10-02-2021, 03:41 PM
Master Fan

I grew up with dogs and my Mom did NOT like cats - I planned to get one, once I got my own place and after I petted my friend's cat - bam - cat allergy.

Cats are way easier though - my friend with 2 cats went on vacation and they could just leave the cats at home and have somebody stop by and check on the food, water, litter box. The cats really didn't care they were gone (probably happier!) I think cats are beautiful though. Congrats on the new kitty Aubie.

Our dog has been gone 8 years already! Way overdue for my one last retirement dog.

I'm glad you are COVID negative Podmom; sorry you had to deal with all these scary health things. Mr ML had a scary health thing last weekend - he was sure his 'life was over' (and I was a wreck) but by Tuesday he was fine again, and today he's playing basketball.

And still no wedding date, although they think the Fall is a nice time to get married (vs freezing winter or broiling hot summer). We are going to my nephew's wedding up in Maine in 2 weeks! I hope it won't be too cold up there. Mr ML just bought a new suit (he had a bee in his hat about getting a new suit) yesterday (pants are being hemmed). He bough a shirt and tie too. I just washed his new 'no-iron' shirt (after removing a dozen pins) - WRINKLES. Man that shirt is so wrinkled. Ironing is 'against my religion' but I might have to iron his dress shirt for the wedding. :<

Son and DIL plan to fly up a week from Friday and they are cutting things SO close with their arrival and leaving (and other things) I was REALLY annoyed (to put it mildly). OH WELL... I hope it will all work out (but I seriously have my doubts about it). We were looking forward to a nice family time, and our first time away, in a motel etc, in years and now it's just going to be STRESS.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 10-03-2021, 05:02 AM
Elite Fan

MyrnaLynne sorry about your husband's health scare!! Very glad to hear all is okay though - that must have been awful for you both. And sorry about the wedding stress! I hope everyone makes it in time and you can relax and enjoy it

I think the autumn is a lovely time for a wedding. My sister got married then and the pictures in our garden are really beautiful with all the different colours of the leaves etc.

Things are finally opening up here...my pool (yay!) gyms etc. Domestic flights are starting again....everything apart from schools. The kids can play together outside, go to each others houses, go to the beach etc but not the classroom. It's so messed up my head hurts thinking about it.

Hopefully soon though!
Old 10-04-2021, 02:44 PM
Master Fan

Thanks Ekua, I'm glad things are opening up (except for school!) - so frustrating for you.

Mlette and John think a fall wedding would be nice - as long as it doesn't pour rain like it did all day today! SO gloomy. I don't think she'll plan anything outdoors.

I am so fretting about this upcoming wedding (weekend after this coming one) but I have figured out what to wear, we got Mr ML a new suit, shirt and tie, he dug out his dress shoes... Making progress. Should have told my son and DIL to rent a car and drive themselves though - that's one source of stress. OH WELL...
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 10-04-2021, 11:35 PM
Elite Fan

Aw MyrnaLynne sounds like you are getting ready for it though!!

My sister was lucky with the weather at her October wedding. No rain - amazing! It was indoors but lovely to get pictures outside

Yes, frustrating...exhausting...annoying...still not sure if i can go home for the holidays...ugh ugh.
Old 10-07-2021, 05:02 PM
Master Fan

Poor Ekuah - you will get home sooner or later, I'm sure. HUGS!

We went to an agricultural fair north of Boston (we usually go to the one in August on Mlette's birthday, south of Boston). This one was bigger, so even more walking. The weather was beautiful for it though. But what a conglomeration of tacky cheap trinkets and disgusting fair foods and scary (or kiddie) rides and games of chance (nobody ever wins). We just went to see the farm animals - Mlette and I like animals! They had pig races that were funny (tiny pigs wearing little blankets with numbers on them dashing around a track). We admired cows and sheep and rabbits and chickens and guinea pigs and ducks and horses. Chicks hatching from eggs, baby rabbits - so cute! But exhausting. I could barely walk by the time we decided to leave - I didn't think I'd make it to the car (walked my feet/legs off).
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 10-08-2021, 02:04 AM
Elite Fan

Aww thank you MyrnaLynne!

So....Thailand is off the red list! I can go home for Christmas!! The only issue is the UK is one of the only countries in Europe not to recognise my vaccine so i'll need to self isolate for 10 days - but can do it at my mum's house - so really not that bad....trying to be positive and hope it changes soon!

Holidays next week -off to the mountains and a national park. So ready for a break after 8 weeks of online school.
Old 10-10-2021, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey guys!

I just wanted to come on here and say how much I loved posting with you guys over the years, especially this board. I recently quit as mod of The 100 board, and we closed that board today, so I likely won't be on FF anymore.

I still love Jason and continue to follow him, and if anything exciting happens here I'm sure Aubrey will let me know

If I log back on in the future I will stop by and say hi!

Old 10-11-2021, 01:05 PM
Master Fan

Aww….. sorry to see another one leave…..

Wow….the 100 board??? They had a lot of posts on that board each month.

Please stop by from time to time!!!!
Old 10-13-2021, 01:07 AM
Elite Fan

Aww so sorry to hear that!

But yes, please stop by when you can!
Old 10-17-2021, 10:23 AM
Master Fan

Yes sorry to hear you are going Damocles! Thanks for coming by and saying nice things.

I'm BA-ACK! We just got home from the wedding up in Maine, and boy did they luck out with the weather. It was a late afternoon/ evening wedding on Saturday, and it was supposed to rain Sat night and Sunday - but the rain came early, it rained a little Friday, stopped for the Friday evening events, poured late Friday night, all soggy Saturday morning - but dried up by evening and was warm and lovely (warm, in Maine, in mid October!) and rain held off until the Saturday stuff got over and poured again late Sunday night. G-d definitely smiled on these people's wedding.

My son and DIL amazingly made it (although we had trouble finding them at the airport - who knew that airline had arrivals on TWO SIDES?). The daughter-in-law was as high maintenance as expected, plus the wedding place was VERY rustic and steep and very NON handicapped accessible. I was glad we'd opted for the motel down the road (which had a heated swimming pool and Mlette and John and I had a nice swim/hang out in the pool - ahhh). I don't think I've been for a swim in more than 2 years, so it was very nice.

The maid of honor and one of the bridesmaids (bride's best friends since childhood) did this song and dance number for the bride and groom at the reception to Shania Twain's "Man, I Feel Like a Woman" with very clever lyrics about the couple and dance moves - it was the highlight of the evening! Plus Maine was very mask-free, compared to MA, and it was good to see Mr ML's family and hug people again and sit and talk to people! It's been a long time. (And I hope we don't all come down with breakthrough COVID.)
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 10-17-2021, 04:44 PM
Elite Fan

Hi everyone...I just read this one page.

Democlis/Lisa Thanks for coming buy to say goodbye we sure do hope you will pop in now and then!

Two cats are the way to go if you get cats...our sweet Oreo and Cookie ( who ML will remember hearing about) sisters were the best pets....yes we could leave them with food/water kitty litter and pay our teen neighbor to check on them. Wow ML 8 years since Elmo passed. HE was a good boy

I guess aubie hasn't been here for a while? if she sees this

Had another health thing last week I let my GP talk me into getting the flu shot and the Pneumonia shot ,which I didn't want, and I got so sick...worse then the Maderna second shot which was BAD. At least that was bad for less then 24 hrs I was sick with a fever from the middle of Monday night ( woke up at 2 sick ) till Thursday. Friday was the first day I felt normal. SO sick I was unable to do anything but lay around. Frustrating. I looked up the Pneumonia shot ( only old and young get it) and it isn't even very effective for prevention. The old maybe you won't die shot.

I just got invited to a wedding....thinking about if I will go... I haven't even been in a restaurant since Covid..pondering.

Ekua So so so glad you are going on vaca but especially tht you can go home for Christmas!!! SO great at last. Sorry about stupid zoom school...hope they wise up!

ML Sorry Mr ML had a health scare and glad it was over quickly shwew! Also glad all the wedding stuff worked out even the weather! I hope you don't catch anything...I bet you won't
Old 10-18-2021, 02:13 AM
Elite Fan

So happy to see you back here Podmom! I hope you are feeling/doing much better now and wishing you nothing but good health going forwards!

It is incredibly frustrating that pretty much everything here is open apart from schools. It hurts my head. My wee ones need to be in school. I need them to be with me in person to teach effectively. It is a nightmare.

I had a lovely week off though - wine tasting, vineyards, mountains, waterfalls and wildlife....always good for the soul!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread