Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2021, 10:39 AM
Master Fan

Oh I just saw this thread again.....where did everyone go? Podmom I still alive, but busy.....but where is everyone else?
Masks are becoming a thing again here. Fortunately we are mostly outside anyway now....
Old 08-02-2021, 03:20 PM
Master Fan

They don't want to close everything down again, but they don't want people getting sick again either. I saw a gym on the news that was only taking in members who were vaccinated. I don't know, I find this delta variant thing very discouraging. And of course Mr ML thinks there's nothing to worry about and is down at the park, playing basketball with 14-year-old boys (too young to be vaccinated?).

So far the stores still say masks are optional, people who are fully vaccinated don't have to wear them - but we still do.

Sorry I was MIA. I cut down some sheer curtains a neighbor had given me when she moved away (a long time ago) that I had hanging in a bag in the back hall, and made some 'custom curtains' for Mlette's new house (well 3 curtains). I forgot how much I HATE sewing though - I don't find it 'relaxing' at all, and I was drenched in sweat by the time I got them measured and cut out and pinned and hemmed all around -and on the last foot of seam on the last curtain, first the bobbin ran out, then the spool of thread ran out, then the second bobbin of thread ran out and ARGH!

Anyway, they're done and I hope they fit the windows she wants covered (as soon as she figures out how to hang up the curtain rods - the hangers used to come with tiny nails, but now they come with screws and gave her a lot of trouble putting them in). Neither Mlette or John is what you'd call 'handy' with tools or anything. Neither of them ever had any interest in it. It's lucky his Dad is handy. I offered to have Mr ML bring up a drill and help hang up curtain rods, if she'd like. He's not 'handy' per se, but he can screw in a screw or drill a little hole.

Yes, the weather is so nice now, I've always hated eating outdoors, but I might give it a try at one of the outdoor booths at restaurants near us - they just took some parking spots along the roads and put up concrete barriers and set up tables and dividers etc at some of the restaurants nearby. We ate at a steak place this weekend and it was mobbed and full of screaming children and I could just feel the COVID germs swirling around me!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 08-03-2021, 02:21 AM
Elite Fan

It's tricky...but I agree with only letting vaccianted people travel/into bars etc etc....there's a reason we don't have chickenpox, measles etc as much anymore.

Well done on sewing curtains! I hate sewing and never ever do it....I used to break the sewing machine when we had to do it in school
Old 08-03-2021, 08:38 AM
Master Fan

My friend Wen had a similar experience in sewing in school - teacher used to scream at her!

I thought my sewing might have improved, after making so many cloth masks this past year (also made some scrub hats for my daughter to wear at the hospital) but it doesn't seem like my skill level rose that much. I do know now that if you want a relatively straight edge, you have to pin the heck out of it.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 08-03-2021, 09:13 AM
Elite Fan

See I didn’t know that! When I was wee my granny tried to teach me to knit (she was really good!) but I definitely didn’t have the patience to learn. I apparently said ‘granny if I want a jumper I’ll just buy one!’
Old 08-08-2021, 11:44 PM
Elite Fan

Old 08-10-2021, 12:16 PM
Master Fan

Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing well!

This Delta strain sucks.

We have started to open up here in Ontario again and the cases are slowly rising and it's not even fall yet, but I hear they mostly are the non-vaccinated....which my cousin unfortunately is not.

She is waiting for more data about the vaccine...any way, i just hope she doesn't give it to her kids and they get hospitalized.

Americans are allowed to enter as of yesterday! So we'll see how our cases will be from opening up again.

Nice to know we have tourist again, but yeah hopefully we dont go into a 4th wave.

I hear Florida is struggling. Our relative is a nurse there and he is tired, all his floors are full of covid patients. So sad. He said the same thing, they are not vaccinated.

I'm Aubrey
Old 08-11-2021, 01:34 AM
Elite Fan

Hey Aubie!

Yes the Delta strain is scary....and it seems every week or so there's new variants.

The Florida Governor is insane. Saying he will freeze pay for schools that insist on mask wearing. What the hell? People's lives are at risk. Children are catching this variant. The unvaccinated are keeping this going - it's scary and awful how some people just don't care about others.

Stay safe Aubie!

Last edited by Ekua; 08-11-2021 at 01:49 AM
Old 08-11-2021, 01:41 PM
Master Fan

Yes you too Ekua! Did you get your vaccine yet?

I'm double vaccinated but I got Pfizer then Moderna.

And i hear some countries are not accepting different vaccines.

I wish i can travel soon! I'm just dying to get out and explore again.

Work and home is no fun.

I'm Aubrey
Old 08-11-2021, 04:00 PM
Master Fan

Ekua Totally agree the Florida governor is a crazy man! I think he's trying to appeal to the Trump crazies in hopes of running for President (G-d forbid!) My sister-in-law lives in Florida and calls him DeInsane-ness, or something like that (she's a liberal, women's rights, Democratic type, living in a red-neck right wing Red/Republican state).

I thought it was strange Canada was just opening up the border to US visitors, just now when Delta is starting to spread like crazy. Feels like a giant step backwards from the confidence everyone had after the vaccine. I wish I'd gone out and done more sooner, visited elderly relatives, etc, before this Delta showed up.

Aubie I hope your cousin doesn't wait too much longer! How much more do people need to know about this vaccine - millions of people got it months ago, and it works fine. That's interesting you got both shots (one of each?) I think those two work on the same principle so probably well protected.

I keep getting catalogs from cruise lines wanting us to sign up for a trip but I'm not ready - less and less ready, with what is going on with the delta variant.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 08-15-2021, 11:29 AM
Elite Fan

So lots of covid drama in my world...did I already post about it? Maybe. I've been popping on a bit.

OK sorry if this is a repeat.

Anna Lee caught covid at sleep over camp....after how careful we have been I stupidly went there on the my birthday ( Anna Lee came home for one night to go to something thst afternoon) I was very close to her for a while that night. This was right before all the news about the breakthrough cases I was to go help Emily ( she needed it baby being hard!) the following Wednesday. FF to Saturday....AL comes home starts feeling sick after dinner...s..the stupid camp didn't alert the campers parents for over 2 hours after the kid who went home sick Friday tested positive. SO Liz in the car with no mask for 90 minutes( she only has 1 shot so far) the whole family exposed . SO Anna Lee sent to room with Ipad ( she watched Stranger Things twice...was in there for a week. Liz wearing real N95 mask when she goes in.....couple days later Tommy gets sick.....tested a lot no Covid.....so far no one else got it. Not me either ( I got PCR test but by then too late to go to Emily who ( I think) stupidly is with Robbies family for a week at the Outer Banks(beach)...all 10 of their grandkids are in day care....Sloan only 5 weeks old....took them 8 hrs of torture drive to get there. Hopefully Margot doesn't get sick from cousin ( one of whom is sick but tested negative for covid. I hope they got the good test but I doubt it anyway stressful.... Sick to death of covid!!!!

that was long sorry hope you guys are all ok still
Old 08-16-2021, 12:49 AM
Elite Fan

Oh no Podmom so sorry, I hope Anna Lee is doing okay?!

First day with the kids today...so strange to be starting the year online. Bless they all did so well for being 4/5 years old! I did some dancing with them and play dough disco I so hope we are in school soon...
Old 08-16-2021, 04:49 AM
Master Fan

Aww Podmom!! I’ll text you…..

Thinking about you Ekua starting the school online…..my kids started last year online and it was hard.
Old 08-16-2021, 06:21 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you JJ. It didn't go too badly but it's hard with them being so young (4 and 5). I just can't wait to get them into the classroom!
Old 08-16-2021, 01:39 PM
Master Fan

Ekua your kids are lucky to have a fun teacher like you - I'd like to be in your class! Sorry it's online learning again this year - this pandemic totally sucks.

PodMom OH NO, about Anna Lee catching COVID; I hope she'll have a mild case and be fine, and nobody else come down with it in the family. Sorry Liz only got one shot so far. Praying for everybody in your family to stay safe!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread