Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2021, 08:53 PM
Elite Fan

Me too Aubie. I so hope so. In a way i'm glad Thailand has gone on the list now (it was inevitable) so there's time for things to improve...

I kinda love it's so rainy here now. Not much to do so feel better staying inside when the weathe is bad...!

Old 08-31-2021, 04:37 PM
Master Fan

Those poor people in Louisiana! It was a stronger storm than Katrina, Hurricane Ida, but a lot fewer people perished, because they reinforced the levees and dams, but their power system was totally knocked out and might not come back for a month!

My friend in FL worked with a friend who retired to New Orleans to be closer to grandkids (but doesn't love it there); she called the friend before the storm hit, and said "Get on the next plane and come stay with us!" Very very smart, although the friend is feeling guilty for 'imposing' but my friend and her fellow truly don't mind. Would she rather be sitting in the dark, in the 90 degree heat with no AC?
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 09-01-2021, 08:01 AM
Elite Fan

Yes lots of severe weather everywhere right now. That was very nice of your friend to do that! Thailand gets a lot of rain and storms but nothing too damaging.

A few things opening up here - restaurants (but no alcohol still - although places do give it sneakily - in coffee cups and such ) parks but not swimming pools, spas (but only foot massage) and malls…slowly!! But still curfew at 9 so everything stops at 8 - total pain!!

But one step closer to school being open!
Old 09-03-2021, 04:31 AM
Master Fan

Ugh…..never thought hurricane Ida which hit and devastated parts of Louisiana over a thousand miles away from here would continue and cause so much damage in our area. Many homes hit by tornados which were rare in our area up until now. We have family in NJ right by that major tornado that destroyed 24 homes! My brother and his family had to shelter in their basement, but thankfully they were spared. So incredible where some houses are completely destroyed yet a house next to it has minimal or no damage.

We had warnings here in PA of a tornado just west of us and the kids and I were never happier to see Mr JJ make it home from work (of course he drove in all of it ).

Then to see the vine street expressway through Philly make the national news looking more like a canal and hearing the stories of the people who were caught by surprise in PA, NJ, and NY by flash floods…

Still almost a million without power in Louisiana….
Old 09-04-2021, 08:19 PM
Elite Fan

That's good about your brother's house JJ. What a relief. I hope things are starting to calm down now.

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend
Old 09-05-2021, 05:54 PM
Master Fan

Tornadoes are SO scary just for that reason - they can blow your house down and not the ones on either side. Glad your brother is safe JJ! There were even 3 category 0 (weak) tornadoes in Massachusetts and we also never get tornadoes. The flooding was worse up north than in Louisiana, I think. More people died too - people drown in basement apartments in NYC. So sad. :< And the water pouring into the subways We just got rain.

My friend's houseguest plans to return to New Orleans on Wednesday - I guess they will have power back by then? But what a mess. Elecctricity is so key to everything!

What's closed and open in Thailand seems so random Ekua. They got around closing bars here by allowing takeaway drinks with meals; and of course liquor stores did a huge business, people drinking at home.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 09-06-2021, 07:14 AM
Elite Fan

Yes MyrnaLynne there is no logic here; it drives me crazy so I try and ignore it otherwise my brain would expode I'm just hoping and praying Thailand comes off the 'red list' so I can go home at Christmas. Even if I have to quarantine here when I come back...that's what savings are for I guess.

The storms have been crazy - hopefully no more crazy weather for a while...it's becoming more extreme everywhere.
Old 09-06-2021, 08:49 PM
Master Fan

I hope you get to travel home Ekua! You would probably want to quarantine (stay indoors) anyway, if you are in Scotland in the winter, after being in hot hot Thailand all this time.

Mr ML wants to travel - a niece is getting married in Florida next March and he said oh we can go down there and stay a few weeks... I'm not ready to travel anywhere, and especially not organize/plan any trips. Lots of family weddings happening - one next month, one in March, one in September - and whenever my daughter decides to have her happy occasion.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 09-07-2021, 10:26 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you, I really hope so.

Lovely that weddings can happen again properly but i'd be be wary of traveling....especially to covid hotspot Florida!

Oh MyrnaLynne does your daughter have a date in mind?
Old 09-15-2021, 12:48 PM
Master Fan

Omg yes what is up with these tornadoes?! We have been getting threats here in Toronto and it unfortunately damaged a ton of houses up north of us. Luckily no one has been injured. But it is so rare for us to get warning about tornadoes and this year we have had like a ton of them. So scary.

Our province just announced we'll be having a COVID passport...oh lord and the protests going on at hospitals here are stupid!!!!

In other news...my hubby and I got a KITTEN last week...I'm team cat now...sorry Ekua!!!!!!

I'm Aubrey
Old 09-15-2021, 11:38 PM
Elite Fan

Old 09-23-2021, 01:13 PM
Master Fan

we tried the dog but it was so hard...cat's really are easier. you can leave them alone and they'll be fine.

I'm Aubrey
Old 09-23-2021, 11:54 PM
Elite Fan

Old 09-24-2021, 04:41 PM
Elite Fan

aubie Congrats on your little kitten .....of course I love cats ...they are way easier then dogs...not that there is anything wrong with doggies love them too I am inclusive

Old 09-24-2021, 04:59 PM
Elite Fan

oh yea this is why I have been MIA...

I had 3 things happen at once...swimmers ear. head bang and sweating ...led to me feeling nauseous and I drank more water then usual and didnt eat for a day or so( I thought I was feeling weird from the ear) and turns out my sodium levels got dangerously low, I had really bad scary symptoms....my brother drove me to the hospital. I thought it was a stroke but heart.head ( was scanned) ok but surprised by this blood level thing. They had to admit me then my saline ( I was on IV) came up too fast and I had to stay another day and night. I got out last Wednesday. Stayed in OC to get blood test a week ago then recouped a couple days then came back to PA Monday. Saw my GP Tuesday.... got another blood test today. Got a PCR Covid test tuesday...negative ( wanted that after being in ER for hours then hospital since I will go next week to Visit Emily and babies ...I was to go last week )
Results will be back in a few days but G-d willing they will be ok. I am finally starting to feel better. I think I probably had a concussion too

Glad you guys are holding down the fort