Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2023, 07:26 PM
Master Fan

We're supposed to get some 'haze' from the smoke tomorrow. We were lucky the worst of it missed up but yes, NY was orange! We got some smoke from the fires in Nova Scotia - I didn't realize there were lots more. Poor Canada!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 06-15-2023, 07:52 PM
Moderator Support Team

So sad

We deal with wildfires here’s sometimes too. Awful

Shopping can be very frustrating sometimes. Sorry you didn’t find a dress you liked. But yay for the shower soon.
Old 06-16-2023, 01:13 PM
Master Fan

Oh my goodness we DID get that Canada smoke…..as my youngest said after recess on her final two days of school that were canceled and held indoors in their classrooms …..”dumb Canada fires that RUINed my recess and I couldn’t see my best friend who is in another class all day for TWO days” First world problems third grade edition……

We kept our windows closed and limited our times outside. I even dug out some masks to wear again. Fortunately it lasted only about 48 hours .

We had a good geography lesson on where the fires were burning, the meteorology and science behind the why and how the winds travel. Such a shame, but such is the norm these days.

Bummer about the dress…..I am convinced clothes actually shrink when stored in a closet…..
Old 06-16-2023, 05:48 PM
Moderator Support Team

Lol yep

That’s good it didn’t last too long.

That’s good. Yep

Haha right?!
Old 06-18-2023, 01:33 PM
Master Fan

Just spent the weekend converting our playroom into a gaming/reading room …..so many memories and the kids were ready to get rid of so much…... I’m not ready for them to grow up ……

However,
The room looks sooooo much better……
Old 06-19-2023, 09:51 AM
Moderator Support Team

Awww I get that. But yay!
Old 06-20-2023, 04:22 PM
Master Fan

Good for you, getting rid of stuff! I think we have every board game and card game and puzzle my kids ever had (and they're both 40-ish now)! Well, I was saving some stuff for the grandkids, but doesn't look like there will be any, so I need to give that 'good stuff' away.

Masks are a very good idea for that smoke. Yep, ruined recess is a big crisis in 3rd grade. Good to turn it into a geography/meteorology lesson too. Smart.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 06-20-2023, 07:30 PM
Master Fan

I did keep the Thomas the train stuff….. I feel like way too much money from grandparents and us went into that collection

First day of summer ……..explained to my kids that now the days get shorter…..my 9 year old then replied….I thought all of the days were 24 hours Ah, had to sit down and explain sunrise/sunset times

I cannot imagine saying someday that my kids are in their 40s , but I know that day will be soon enough. Crazy. I hope with four that I have a chance of having one grandkid, but I also know it’s quite possible it may not happen. Still I’m saving those trains

Last edited by JournalingJedi; 06-20-2023 at 07:35 PM
Old 06-20-2023, 07:36 PM
Moderator Support Team

Hehe gotta love that
Old 06-21-2023, 08:20 AM
Master Fan

Yeah we have a fire ban here so i missed out on doing smores this weekend at a cottage we rented. It needs to rain here soon in those areas. Crazy how the masks all came back because of the smoke.

I'm Aubrey
Old 06-21-2023, 07:40 PM
Moderator Support Team

Boo for no s’mores

Hope it rains soon
Old 06-25-2023, 05:49 PM
Master Fan

So we have had rain over and over and over for the last several days…..drought to endless rain showers…..

No s’mores here either…..went from fire ban to too much rain to toast s’mores
Old 06-26-2023, 07:55 PM
Moderator Support Team

Boo

Still dealing with excessive heat warnings here
Old 06-27-2023, 03:02 PM
Master Fan

Thomas the train stuff seems good to save! I think your grandkid odds are good (waay down the road) JJ

Ah the finer points of longer nights/shorter days - wait until they find out they have Winter in Australia when we have summer! That blew my mind (and I wasn't a kid).

The weather has been all over the place - too cold, then too hot, then WAY too humid! It was 84% humidity yesterday - just gross! And then too dry, and then too much rain!

MLette had her bridal shower at the teaparty place Saturday - all went very nicely, although we didn't really get to mingle/meet people much. Got there, sat down, had tea and little teaparty foods on those 3-tiered serving trays and then opening the presents and then time to leave! ZIP! I realized I didn't even say helllo to my one sister-in-law or her daughter-in-law (who came down from Maine for the shower).

We're off to see a production of 'Oklahoma!' tomorrow, MLette is coming. And then the next day going to a 'Trivia and BBQ' luncheon at the retirement place we want to move to (but Mr ML isn't ready yet, nor is the house downsized yet). Sounded like fun.

I decided I should schedule some stuff for us to go and do this month, but now of course I'm stressing out that I scheduled so much stuff for us to do!

And my son is coming up from TX in a week, for a visit, and to go to the bachelor party! Need to do a lot of dusting and tidying upstairs (his old room). There's no AC on the top floor (and it's hot as heck up there) so I'm hoping for a cooler week! Not much chance of that in July.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 06-27-2023, 07:48 PM
Moderator Support Team

I’m glad to hear the bridal shower was nice. That’s too bad you couldn’t mingle more though.

That sounds fun. Enjoy both!

That’s great your son is homing to visit

Maybe you guys will get a break with the heat.

I’m looking forward to being off Friday through Tuesday. Hanging with my brother and nephew Friday. Saturday I think in I’m hanging out with my sister.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread