Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2023, 09:03 AM
Master Fan

i was like, Jump day?!?!?! Ohh i like that name! oh wow 15 days only? Our schools here are done June 16.

I'm Aubrey
Old 05-17-2023, 11:41 AM
Moderator Support Team

I’ve never heard that (jump day). Fun! Only 7 or 8 days left here.

June 16th sounds late but schools probably start later there
Old 05-24-2023, 08:56 AM
Master Fan

Yay for school getting out. Best part of school for kids is summer vacation! Is it harder for Moms to get the kids to/from school, homework done, etc, or deal with bored kids hanging around the house all summer? I truly have forgotten,it's been so long.

I know the colleges are graduating around now. All the colleges around us (there are many) have big tents set up for the festivities. My college live-streamed the graduation last Saturday and it was surprisingly interesting (and non-boring) to watch all the women's names being called (also flashed the names on the screen and majors) and seeing them march across the stage and get their diplomas. I tuned in late though, missed whatever dignitary giving her inspiring graduation speech
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 05-24-2023, 11:11 AM
Moderator Support Team

Pros and cons to both

All the graduations going on around here. Two of my siblings are teachers so it’s their last week this week and doing all that end of the year stuff and packing up their classrooms.
Old 05-25-2023, 01:56 PM
Master Fan

My hat is off to all teachers, for all they do. One of Mr ML's brothers was a teacher/ coach/ guidance counselor, and two of his sisters-in-law were teachers too.

I remember when my kids were going to elementary school in some program across town and we had to walk, and then catch a bus, and then walk more to that school (we had one car, and Mr ML took it to work) and then had to do all that to get them home again. That was hard. It was a lot better when they switched to the closer school - we could walk to it and back, without also taking a bus!

My hat is off to all Moms/parents too. Raising kids is a big job.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 05-25-2023, 05:41 PM
Moderator Support Team

I’m with you. Teachers deserve so much appreciation.

And yes to Moms/parents. Tough job!

And wow that was a lot to get them to that school
Old 05-26-2023, 11:42 AM
Master Fan

Well it was just also mother's day last sunday...so happy belated mother's day to all the moms out there!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm Aubrey
Old 05-26-2023, 03:54 PM
Moderator Support Team

Happy Mother’s Day
Old 05-28-2023, 07:09 PM
Master Fan

I survived chaperoning a trip to an amusement park with a group of 8th graders…..
Old 05-29-2023, 07:21 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Amazing you should be given an award! Not an easy thing to do. Glad they got home safe and sound and had an amazing time.

I remember in 8th grade we took a trip to an amusement park as well. We were such a large group. Looking back I have no idea how our teachers handled us.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 05-29-2023, 01:33 PM
Moderator Support Team

Go you! I bet that was fun! That’s amazing.

I remember going a time or two as well when I was in school and as a kid you don’t think about how teachers/staff/volunteers are managing it all.
Old 06-01-2023, 05:58 PM
Master Fan

Wow 8th graders at an amusement park! That sounds like a tough chaperoning assignment (like herding cats?)

Thanks for the Mother's Day wishes! We sort of skipped it this year, although the kids called, and then we went bird watching with Mlette and Mr ML the next day (HIS hobby/interest) but at least I got a nice lunch out afterward.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 06-02-2023, 06:23 AM
Master Fan

Ohhh bird watching sounds cute!!

Well done JJ!!!

I'm so happy it's Friday and it feels like summer now so it's fantastic!!!

I'm Aubrey
Old 06-02-2023, 07:18 PM
Moderator Support Team

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend
Old 06-03-2023, 08:48 PM
Master Fan

Mr ML and I went back to in-person services today - first time since January (been 'attending' via Zoom) when I went and caught Covid (luckily not seriously but still - Covid). They were having a reception afterward in memory of one of the late leaders of our congregation that we remembered well (been gone 25 years!) - first time having food after the service since preCovid, I think. Thought it would be nice but then I remembered I never liked standing around afterwards, making small talk with people, and eating odd snacks. What can I say - I'm not sociable. They made masks optional, but I still wore one (except while eating, and talking to a guy who couldn't understand me - think he was hard of hearing, but didn't realize it, because he probably reads people's lips). My sister-in-law worked for an audiologist and people would come in thinking their hearing was fine, and the doctor would cover his mouth and ask what he was saying and the people would say "Hey, now, that's cheating!" Reading lips, didn't know it. Interesting!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread