Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2016, 09:01 PM
Master Fan

me and my old coworker use to say it to each other. "Hi I'm George" in a kids voice.

I'm Aubrey
Old 12-19-2016, 10:25 AM
Master Fan

Well there's the nursery rhyme about 'Georgie, porgie, puddin and pie/Kissed the girls and made them cry'
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 12-19-2016, 12:33 PM
Elite Fan

totally forgot about that one!
Old 12-20-2016, 05:28 PM
Master Fan

oh my gosh that is adorable!

Anyways i've been so busy at work and christmas stuff that i haven't asked if you guys are ready for christmas?!?! which is like in FIVE DAYS!!

I'm Aubrey
Old 12-21-2016, 06:57 AM
Elite Fan

I went out yesterday and spent an obscene amount of money on presents but i'm done. Town was crazy busy and I didn't even attempt to go the Christmas market (lovely as it is!) but i'm glad I don't need to buy anymore!

Now wrapping.

I just want it to be 2017.
Old 12-21-2016, 08:14 AM
Elite Fan

not long now Ekua good for you getting your shopping done.

I've been busy getting ready which is why I've been MIA I actually have most of my presents wrapped which is not usually the case. When you're the mom and grandmom you have so much to do. Lots of people depending on you to make it homey and comfy and fed. Which I love but it takes planning and time and work. The biggest thing I've been doing is buy twin beds to replace the Queen in Emily's old room ( finally....so Tommy and AnnaLee can sleep there) poor podad has been helping me move beds and giant mattresses all over and furniture too. Glad that heavy lifting is done and just the final touches left. We even had to go to the mall to get bedding for the new beds.....we were scared it was way crowded but we managed without a big waiting thing.....podad did great he even helped me look for a holiday scarf and got into it I never take him shopping for clothes ( I don't even like doing that) but he was a champ.

I had my yearly girlfriend party Monday which went well so that's crossed off the list.

Friday my gf and neighbor has her annual Christmas party.....that night late Emily and Robbie arrive he will stay till the 26th then back to work but Emily is staying till the 1st. One of her friends( since junior high...and one of the bridesmaids in her wedding) is getting married the 30th....podad and I get to go and enjoy and not be in charge Robbie's meets us in Philadelphia where the wedding is. Back home here the 31st....the bride's parents are having a new years party instead of a brunch like we did. We might go to that or if Liz , Walter and the kids decide to come here we won't and me and my neighbor will set off fireworks. My neighbor does a huge show. The beauty of rural living...fireworks are ok

ok that was more than anyone needed to know but I've been away a while

I know aubie it's almost here
Old 12-21-2016, 05:52 PM
Master Fan

wow that does sound like a lot podmom!! moving furniture around!? ahh that's a lot of work! and lots of parties!! my gosh i havent been to a party yet. well except for lisa's bday but that was it! Ohh Philly, i'd like to visit that one day. I want to see rocky.

hey ekua do you go to london a lot? i am like obsessed with this blogger right now and she lives in london!

I'm Aubrey
Old 12-21-2016, 09:02 PM
Elite Fan

aubie I can see you running up the Rocky steps
Old 12-22-2016, 08:03 AM
Elite Fan

Aubie i've been to London 3 times in my life! It's a 90 min plane ride or a 6/7 hour train journey away!

I'd like to go to Philly one day too!!
Old 12-22-2016, 08:20 AM
Master Fan

PodMom and I went to Philadelphia for a Jason Behr movie/fan thing. I lived in central Pennsylvania for ~8 years, but never went to Philadelphia except because of Jason!

I saw the Liberty Bell; didn't see Rocky though. It reminds me a lot of Boston, because they both have a lot of brick buildings and are about the same age/have similar historic stuff. But different!

Yes, suddenly Almost Christmas! Also Hanukah starts on Christmas eve this year (and runs until New Year's Eve) so very nice timing (it moves around because it follows the lunar/Jewish calendar). One year it was way early, almost on Thanksgiving in November!

I need to clear all the wrapping stuff and card stuff (still a few to finish) off the dining room table so I can bring out the Hanukah candles and the presents and pile them around on the table. Not sure how many nights Mlette will be able to come over to light candles and open presents with us. She works second shifts, so is at work at night, and is going to the BF's family this year for Christmas (which works out, with the kerfuffle over us not going to Mr ML's family's Christmas..) I think she's going someplace with BF for New Years too, but we never do much for New Years anyway.

Very brave PodMom to go shopping so close to Christmas and face the malls! Wow, mattresses are HEAVY, you and PodDad did a lot of work. It will be great for the grandkids to be able to sleep over. Mr ML hates clothes shopping too, which is probably why his wardrobe is so limited. He was amazed, after he did the laundry while Mlette and I were in FL visiting Dad, that we owned so many pairs of pants!

A lot of logistics with the parties and the family for you. Nice you can have neighborhood fireworks. They are so illegal around here...

Holiday office party tonight at fancy restaurant! I hate having to stay late after work for these things, and hate more going home on the subway at night but it's usually a pretty nice party. I skipped both work parties last year, and then felt bad I did, so I signed up for both of them this year (and was sorry I did).
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 12-22-2016, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm going to post here tomorrow! FYI! lol

Old 12-22-2016, 12:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacatia (View Post)
I'm going to post here tomorrow! FYI! lol
good for you

Happy Hanukkah ML

You are damned if you do or don't with those office parties I hope you have a good time tonight! At least you're not cooking...always a plus. Even I miss both your kids being with you plus your dog it always sounded so cozy. We must adapt and you got your kids home for way long..... I was jealous glad Mlette will be home for some of the candles. She is out being a blessing when she isn't that angel.

Juut on the off chance I don't get back here. Ekua I'm thinking of you You too Mezz if you [pop in Lisa and aubie and keepsming

have a very Merry Christmas.....

Old 12-22-2016, 02:57 PM
Master Fan

Happy Hanukah ML!!

And podmom, that is EXACTLY what i plan on doing when I see those steps!!

I'm Aubrey
Old 12-24-2016, 05:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubie_ocean (View Post)
Happy Hanukah ML!!

And podmom, that is EXACTLY what i plan on doing when I see those steps!!
You go girl!!!
Old 12-24-2016, 10:39 AM
Elite Fan

Happy Hanukkah!

Merry Christmas!!

Wishing you all an amazing 2017 filled with love, joy and happiness.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread