Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2024, 08:56 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

My problem has always been that with an older house it lacks the kind of storage that is built into homes today. I've considered knocking down walls and turning the four bedrooms I have into three upstairs just to give more breathing room. It's a classic colonial house so smaller bedrooms. But everyone tells me don't cut down the number of bedrooms, you'll lose resale value.

If I eliminated a bedroom I could do walk in closets, a larger master and it would be more suitable for me. But then I start to weight the idea of doing all that work and not actually gaining extra square footage and consider just adding on over the attached garage which right now has nothing over it. Anyway, this is what I dream because it all sounds like too much work and money. Just a life disruptor to have work done on the house. I had the kitchen redone 10 years ago and I already want to paint the cabinets and go a different direction.

There is an office building I pass on my way home that has had pansies planted for legitimately a month and a half. And they've survived! They're going strong. I know they're out because the greenhouse I go to had some outside so I need to get over there this weekend maybe.

My cousin's daughter turned one this past week so I go to her birthday party on Saturday, it's just a hike to get there because they're down in Ohio. And then Easter, I'm not sure, because all the family will be together on Saturday we're kind of looking at that as our celebration. So Sunday might just be a day at home doing whatever.
worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2024, 02:04 PM
Master Fan

What are confetti eggs? Eggs with confetti in them I assume?
Old 03-28-2024, 02:40 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
What are confetti eggs? Eggs with confetti in them I assume?
Yes! They are filled with confetti and you break them over each other’s head. Also, used in egg poching, a tradition coming from their Louisiana roots. You tap your egg together at their ends with someone else and whichever egg doesn’t break, wins.

It’s all fun and the confetti makes a right and proper mess!
Old 03-28-2024, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hope everyone had a good week
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 08:56 AM
Master Fan

I looked up a video of people cracking confetti eggs. They were from Texas. Perhaps it's a southern thing.

I have pink eye -again! How does that happen? I hadn't had it in 40 years and now twice in the last few months. Luckily I still have eye drops left.

MRI Monday. I have never had a closed MRI and I am terrified.
Old 03-29-2024, 11:33 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Egg poching is for sure a Louisiana thing. I had never heard of it before I married Lee. Confetti eggs have Mexican origins, I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I looked up a video of people cracking confetti eggs. They were from Texas. Perhaps it's a southern thing.

I have pink eye -again! How does that happen? I hadn't had it in 40 years and now twice in the last few months. Luckily I still have eye drops left.

MRI Monday. I have never had a closed MRI and I am terrified.
It’s the being still part for me. I’m so afraid I’ll cough or twitch or breathe wrong and mess it up.

Pink eye is no fun. I hope it heals quickly. Did you throw out all of your eye makeup and clean your brushes? You might have reinfect yourself without realizing it.
Old 03-30-2024, 05:52 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I thought I was sick yesterday, straight up down with a cold but it's just my allergies are that bad. This might actually get me to an allergist again because I thought I was down for the count and if I feel that sick from just allergies it's time to start getting allergy shots or I need a better plan of action than just take zyrtec every day, cause that's not helping at this point.

I had an "open" MRI on my head/neck and I don't actually believe it was open. Like the tunnel might have been a little larger but it wasn't open open like I've seen other MRI machines that are actually open so you can see out. And of course with your head/neck they put this little like cage over your head and it's so loud. They gave me headphones but literally the music wasn't loud enough so I could barely hear it. The noise is just weird and I could feel it vibrating through my lower back which hates the supine position so it was uncomfortable. I almost had a panic attack in the first like five minutes in there and wanted to press the panic button but I powered through.
Old 03-30-2024, 10:35 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm glad it's allergies, and not a cold. BUT, it doesn't sound like the symptoms are any better. Shots don't sound fun either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I thought I was sick yesterday, straight up down with a cold but it's just my allergies are that bad. This might actually get me to an allergist again because I thought I was down for the count and if I feel that sick from just allergies it's time to start getting allergy shots or I need a better plan of action than just take zyrtec every day, cause that's not helping at this point.
Old 03-30-2024, 10:54 PM
Passionate Fan

I’ve never heard of confetti eggs either. It’s always interesting to me how each region has their own, unique way of celebrating a holiday.

Allergies are just a miserable feeling. I feel like the older I get that I have to change how I manage them because what worked a few years ago doesn’t do much for me now. I hope you feel better soon. Do you think it’s just seasonal or has it been a long term problem?

I took the girls to see the new Ghostbusters movie tonight and my youngest loved it. For me, it’s just so nostalgic and watching my kids enjoy a movie that I loved as a child makes it extra special.

Happy Easter ladies!! I hope everyone enjoys their day however you choose to spend it.
Crazy4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 09:36 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Happy Easter!!
Old 03-31-2024, 10:59 AM
Master Fan

Singulair worked so well for me but it was giving me palpitations and making me jittery. Last Easter my allergies were so bad that I lost my voice. I'm starting to thing the pink eye maybe allergy related and not bacterial. I went to an ENT for vertigo a few months ago and need to go back for allergy testing.

Ugh A.. your MRI story just made me go into panic attack! I just picked up Xanax though so hopefully that will help.
Old 04-01-2024, 05:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

How did the MRI go? I hope you did okay, I feel like it's just the confined space that did me in.

I have the stomach flu or norovirus or who knows but this is the sickest I've been in awhile. I finally managed to eat some applesauce and a piece of toast and could keep down some Tylenol.
Old 04-01-2024, 08:09 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
How did the MRI go? I hope you did okay, I feel like it's just the confined space that did me in.

I have the stomach flu or norovirus or who knows but this is the sickest I've been in awhile. I finally managed to eat some applesauce and a piece of toast and could keep down some Tylenol.
Oh no! I hate that your sick. I hope you feel better quickly.
Old 04-02-2024, 04:07 PM
Master Fan

MRI was fine. I mean... I got through it. I go tomorrow for the results. Of course the last few days my leg feels so much better and I've been walking without a cane or crutch. It's still not great though. I am interested to see what the MRI shows.

I got my hair done today and was supposed to go for my 2nd shingles shot finally, but my appointment ran late and I missed it. I will go tomorrow. In the morning I am supposed to meet my friend and her husband at the YMCA for a Yoga class. I'm waiting for confirmation.

I have a 50th birthday party on Saturday. Other than that I am cleaning, laundry, and working on report cards this spring break.

I started reading the Vampire Diaries Book 1. It's terrible!

K- I finally saw Dune2. I have so many questions!
Spoiler:
Old 04-03-2024, 11:59 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm chopping my hair in a few weeks and I'm so excited, it is so thick and heavy right now I want it gone.

I started watching Peaky Blinders after I was finally able to bust out of what felt like a 48 hour fever dream with this stomach bug. I have no idea if it was something I hate or if it was the norovirus, I'm leaning norovirus just because it lasted so long...I have never ached so much and even after everything was done coming out of me and I was starting to feel a little better last night I woke up in the middle of the night drenched in sweat, like I had to change the sheets drenched in sweat. I curse whoever didn't wash their freaking hands that was still shedding this beast of an illness.
Reply   Post New Thread