Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2024, 06:44 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Rally Girls {OT} 69: Because We're Never On Topic

Rally Girls Off Topic Thread

Everything NOT related to Taylor, but let's be honest, Taylor gets mentioned here as well.

worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 06:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

From the previous thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
It's terrible that Kate had to publicly discuss her cancer because the media is just badgering her. Some things are meant to be private.

I thought Timothee was amazing in Homeland. He really captivated me. The daughter was a bit annoying though.

I don't really follow basketball too much. I just looked at the brackets for the first time. I will have to go with Purdue since my good friend went there.

I'm around all weekend. No plans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
I think the people were demanding an answer as much as the media. I know it was originally stated she would be away from the public until June. While I think she SHOULD be able to go through this with privacy...the reality of that is pretty far fetched.

I've always enjoyed football more than basketball.

He was in season 2, so I know I saw him when I originally watched, I just obviously didn't know who he was. I watched a few snippets of his scenes last night. I need to watch them all.

OM is off tomorrow and she is so excited! She's usually only off on Saturday if she needs it off, never just because.
Old 03-23-2024, 06:47 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Timothee himself wasn't bad it was just everyone hated the Dana storyline in season two, like hated it and her so he was kind of lumped in with that. Everyone just wanted her gone.

The Kate thing was just handled terrible. There was no transparency and it's pretty obvious that they were hiding something. Now she obviously doesn't have to share everything about her health but a cancer diagnosis is pretty big and still seems sketchy about how all of this has gone down. She lives a public life, it's kind of the way it goes.
Old 03-24-2024, 10:52 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Thanks for the new thread!

It cool and windy...I do not want to run errands, but they will not run themselves... UNLESS the minions run them, but Baby M can't get into Costco with me. Why Baby M? It's HIS dog that needs food. Alas, OM and I will go...soon...I guess...she does enjoy two meals a day.
Old 03-24-2024, 12:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I had a friend staying with me this weekend so today is my first day of just trying to get stuff done after they left. I did my taxes this morning, cleaned the house and grocery shopped this morning. So naturally that means the rest of my day I'm doing nothing but laundry and laying on the couch.

I watched the 20/20 special on Ruby Franke that aired just this past week I think. I remember hearing about the story, this youtube mom who was abusing her children but I had no idea the extent of the abuse. The video footage of the one kid escaping and them finding the other child is so so sad.

It snowed a bunch here on Friday, enough that I had to shovel even though I knew it was going to warm up and by in large melt today. It's sunny but still a little cold. I guess I'm glad I held off on planting pansies last weekend.
Old 03-24-2024, 03:28 PM
Master Fan

I need to get my taxes done. Next week is spring break so hopefully I will get it done.

I will have to go watch the 20/20 on Ruby Frankie. I didn't know about it. Her stuff would show up on my Tik Tok feed way before all the scandal so I actually followed this in real time. So bizarre. People were suspecting that she was abusive and then the **** hit the fan.

We had really bad rain yesterday and my area floods. We are under a flood advisory so I will have to leave extra early tomorrow for work.

I started watching Derry Girls. So funny.

My nephew went to the Duke March Madness game today. I think they won.

Women's professional soccer is now on ION and I can watch a lot more games. Very exciting.

Taylor was in my dream the other night. It was like a premiere and he was riding a horse. That's all I remember. I also had 2 Vampire Diaries dreams. I think it's time for another rewatch.
Old 03-25-2024, 08:04 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I didn't know there are March Madness games here this weekend. I pretty much tap out when our local teams go out and both Oakland and MSU lost in their second games last weekend.

I've been avoiding downtown a little bit just because the NFL draft is here in a month but they're already setting stuff up and parking is all wonky.

It warmed up to almost 70 today after hanging in the 30s for the last half a week so that was nice, but I think we're getting storms tomorrow.

I'm SO busy at work. I feel like people are coming out of hibernation and all the people that had left things hanging out there that at some point were going to need to be addressed have just all come out of the woodwork at once. Combine that with this merger we're doing at work and trying to find a block of time to actually move, transfer filed, transfer the server, etc. is going to be a challenge.
Old 03-25-2024, 08:04 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Derry Girls is fantastic! We LOVE it!

I JUST did taxes! Literally, just hit submit. Then I called my mom and she said she was working on her taxes. Must be something in the air. I usually have everything ready to submit as soon as they start accepting returns. Baby M was having trouble getting me his W-2. I got a paper copy of OM's, but not his. It's been difficult to get him to pull up the online version. Boys. Teenage boys. ANYWAY...it's done now. Cutting it too close for my liking.

I'm a happy Momma tonight, I have both the minions home! It's nice when they don't work until 3 in the morning.

I saw that there's some questions about the video of Kate. People are claiming it's AI. I dunno. I guess I need to watch it again.
Old 03-25-2024, 09:42 PM
Passionate Fan

We still haven’t done our taxes but my husband usually waits until the last minute to do them.

I feel awful that Kate has cancer and had to issue a public statement just so people will leave her alone but I still don’t understand why her PR team didn’t just make an announcement about her status in the first place? King Charles also has cancer and it was announced shortly after his diagnosis so why the delay and cover up with Kate? Also, she’s the 3rd royal to be diagnosed with cancer and it makes me wonder what is going on over there?

Our weather can’t decide which season it wants to be in. Last week was sunny and warm then last night it snowed and was cold/dreary today. This weekend it’s supposed to be in the 70’s. Bi-polar is an accurate description for our weather.

I decided to clean out my closet & dresser yesterday and after hauling 8+ bags of shoes, clothes and accessories to Goodwill this morning, I feel SO much better. My closet fis organized and I actually know what I have now. I need to get in the habit of purging yearly but I feel like it’s been a few years since I went through everything.
Crazy4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 01:21 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Did announce the cancer diagnosis but outright tried to hide it before it was forced out. I think at one point they said it wasn't cancer. If that changed that's fine but it really does appear that they were deliberately misleading and then trying to gaslight people who actually had questions because things were weird.

I am not a royalist, I do not follow them religiously, nor do I really care, so if I start to feel like something weird is going on then that's something. As someone who worked in PR I can tell you right now that how this was handled will be talked about in college Public Relation courses in the future. I studied cases like how Tylenol managed the Tylenol murders/poisoning from a PR standpoint in the 80s. In 10 years it'll be how the Royals completely bungled this.

I won't file mine until last minute because I owe, but I just wanted to get them done and pull the bandaid off. Turbotax makes it so easy it really didn't take long.

I am in a constant need of purging clothes. I really should go by the mantra that if I buy something, something has to be donated. I just have to get to a point that my closet isn't overflowing. I don't have a walk-in closet so I am crunched for space, but I already have a closet completely filled in another room with jackets and dresses. I honestly feel like sometimes I should just convert a spare bedroom into a straight up closet.
Old 03-26-2024, 06:32 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

My sister and BIL have a very strict 6 month rule. Every 6 months they take inventory...if it hasn't been used in the previous 6 months, it goes. Only exception is Christmas decor, of which she has a wreath and a single sway of garland. And a bowl of ornaments.

My cousin has a 1 in 2 out rule. For every one child thing (book, toy, stuffed animal, etc.) that comes in, two items have to go out. I *think* he uses this for all things, but I remember him getting pretty anxious when I brought over a box of children's books once.

A closet for your clothes sounds great A! I would totally do it!

The weather here was really nice today! Baby M and I had a great late lunch and then we came home and I trimmed some trees and bushes, and pulled some weeds in the front yard. He helped me clean it up. He can be so so so sweet when he wants to.
Old 03-27-2024, 12:21 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I should adhere to the six month rule. Honestly, I do a lot of purges, but I get overwhelmed so they always become partial purges. But I've come to realize and have known, honestly, that if I can't see my clothes, like they're tucked away or piled up in a wardrobe then I'm not going to wear it. I'm not going to go digging for it and if I'm not thinking about it or missing it then why do I need it.

The chair in the corner of my room is basically where my laundry goes to live and what I pull from each week so, yeah, a major purge needs to come.

I'm in my gym era too so some stuff is definitely too big, but then I get all worried that I'll at some point need that size again so I won't get rid of it. I also have a hard time parting ways with jackets or dresses.

Maybe I'll try and do a purge this weekend at some point but what I wish would only take a few hours usually ends up taking an entire afternoon.

I'm ready to plant pansies. The bulbs I planted last year are already out and some are blooming. I don't know if you guys have ever seen the Hyacinth bulbs at Trader Joe's that you can buy in the glass vase and they'll bloom inside...I planted those bulbs after they were done blooming last year and was surprised to see they came back. I always wonder if they will or I've waited too long.
Old 03-27-2024, 03:35 PM
Master Fan

I just bought a clothes rack because I'm busting at the seams with my clothes. Half of it I don't wear... It's either too big or too small but I have trouble parting with it anyhow. I have a TON of Capri style pants from low ankle to high ankle. I know they aren't in style but I am convinced they will come back into style. I have literally like 30 pairs!

I generally wait until after Mother's Day for planting.

What's everyone doing for Easter? I am going to my brothers. I need to make a dessert and get some baskets together for the "kids." I will probably do some giftcards, some candy, some alcohol. and snacks... Of course I will make Scoobs one too.
Old 03-27-2024, 04:24 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

We aren't really doing anything. We were just at my parents', so I'm not going back to Dallas. The kids are both off. I have a spiral cut ham in the freezer, I need to defrost it. I can make that for Sunday. I always make a carrot cake. Our friends that we would usually spend Easter with are going out of town. They aren't excited about it. The kids love to crack the confetti eggs. True story...this is our 5th Easter in here. We got the eggs and had our fun on Easter. We needed to go to the store later that week...they had a lot of eggs left. They were priced something stupid, like 10-15 cents a DOZEN. I still have 10 or so cartons. They have used them every year. OM was worried they would ever make them again, I guess. I dunno. She was upset we didn't buy the store out. She wants to get more every year. NO. Not until these are gone. We only use 4-5 dozen a year.

The idea of an entire room for a closet and dressing area seriously appeals to me. I don't have a lot of clothes, but having the space to do that is luscious. I could display all my handbags and shoes...and I've have room for more.
Old 03-27-2024, 08:33 PM
Passionate Fan

I’m glad I’m not the only one with a clothing issue . I finally got to the point where I just hated the clutter in our bedroom and closet so several hours later & 8+ bags my bedroom and closet are now clutter free. Lesson learned that I need to be more mindful of what I buy and start investing in more classic pieces that can be mixed and matched. I, too, was busting at the seams because I didn’t want to part with clothing hoping that it might make a fashion comeback or my weight would yo yo but I literally had no more room for anything else. I also decided to remove the ottoman in our bedroom so it wouldn’t turn in to a catch all for our junk. I ordered a luggage rack that can be put away when we don’t need it and I’ll still have someplace for the laundry basket and my husbands suitcase when he travels.

I bought some simple t shirts from American Eagle last week that I was hoping to wear with shorts and linen pants this summer but they don’t work with any of my outfits and the cut isn’t flattering. I’m not wearing a t shirt that cuts right at the middle of my belly!! I’ll take them back to the store later this week and keep looking for something that can be dressed up or down.

My SIL is hosting Easter this year and it’s pretty informal with an invitation to drop by between 2-6. I don’t even think we’re having a sit down meal just grab a plate and hang out for awhile. I offered to bring a salad because I don’t have the energy to make anything so off to Costco I go later this week.

I looked for pansies today for my front porch but Lowe’s had nothing. Maybe it’s still too early or they moved them inside but either way I wasn’t getting out of my car to look.
Crazy4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread