Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2020, 03:30 PM
Master Fan

I was so happy the Chiefs won. I started watching the new season of All or Nothing which is about the Eagles. It's painful to relive certain plays/games, but I love getting an inside look. The SuperBowl halftime show was exactly as I thought it would be. I say, if I woman wants to shake her ass, let her shake her ass. Who cares? I thought JLos daughter was cute and what a voice!

How is the Super Bowl the highest even for sex trafficking? What does that mean?

Im loving Maisel.

I think I'm going to watch Jack Ryan too.

I was thinking about checking out Fleabag, but I have no idea what it's about.

I remember the Man in the High Castle won a bunch of awards a few years ago.

I didn't realize what Goop Lab was about. I'm going to have to check it out. That seems right up my alley.

Finished Tell Me a Story. It was very entertaining, but it's not going to win any awards. Paul was perfect as always.

How do you take your vitamin C? Pill or liquid??? If pill, which brand? All are not created equal and I've been looking for a good one. I'm finally feeling better but I'm afraid of another relapse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I watched the Taylor Swift documentary and ran through the first season of Fleabag. I don't really have an opinion on Taylor one way or another but I thought her openness about her eating disorder and issues with food was the best way I've heard it articulated by a celebrity. Very relatable.
I didn't realize she had an eating disorder. There is a character on The Real Housewives of New Jersey who has a history of eating disorders. She said something the other night that really resonated with me. "Nobody ever taught me how to eat healthy, so I just didn't eat." And that's true for me. I've never been diagnosed but I think I definitely have had/have eating anxiety/disorder. I can remember being in 6th grade and worrying about my weight. There were times that I just didn't eat and I was so thin.. and I wanted to be thinner, not healthier. Even now, I yo you diet and don't have a healthy relationship with food. I remember my ex-husband wanted me to go talk to somebody. I probably should. I did some really disgusting things in college to stay thin. Not good.

We have tons of traffic in my area too. It's horrible. Luckily I go against the grain to and from work. I have no patience. I can see how road rage comes about.

Last edited by elherts; 02-09-2020 at 12:13 AM
Old 02-08-2020, 04:07 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The Superbowl is just historically one of the highest human trafficked events.

I had no idea that one of the main characters in The Boys is Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan's son.

I usually just do Emergen-C or Airborne. I don't actually believe that it will stop you from getting sick but it's a good shot of Vitamin C and I did take it right when I felt like I was getting sick and this cold or whatever it is seems to have been shortened...*knock on wood* but I'm on day three and I already feel like I'm over the hump.

If you look back at some pictures of Taylor Swift she was a size double zero at some point, she said she's a size six now. She thought it was normal to feel like you'd have to pass out in the middle of one of her shows and she was barely eating. But I think I'm the same as you, I never ate terribly but I never had a healthy relationship with food. I'm always thinking about what I've eaten, what I should be eating, what I can still eat...food was never to fuel me it was always how is this going to make me fat. It's sad.
Old 02-08-2020, 06:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
The Superbowl is just historically one of the highest human trafficked events.
I guess I don't really understand the definition of sex trafficking. This is when people are recruited/kidnapped for the purpose of sex slavery. So this is happening the most during the Super Bowl? People are being kidnapped during the SuperBowl? I don't see the connection. Maybe I don't fully understand.
Old 02-08-2020, 11:42 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I guess I don't really understand the definition of sex trafficking. This is when people are recruited/kidnapped for the purpose of sex slavery. So this is happening the most during the Super Bowl? People are being kidnapped during the SuperBowl? I don't see the connection. Maybe I don't fully understand.
The kidnapped girls are purchased for their services during the superbowl at a higher rate than any other event.
Old 02-09-2020, 12:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
The kidnapped girls are purchased for their services during the superbowl at a higher rate than any other event.
Oh! Well now that makes sense. Such a terrible disgusting and scary thing.
Old 02-09-2020, 10:50 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

If you're interested, a few articles about the trafficking at the Super Bowl:

https://time.com/5762475/super-bowl-human-trafficking/

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...an-trafficking

I've moved on to the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. I mean I continue to watch it, it's just not quite what I expected. Rachel is very very good, I've only ever seen her in House of Cards but she's perfect in this role, obviously.
Old 02-09-2020, 12:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I've moved on to the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. I mean I continue to watch it, it's just not quite what I expected. Rachel is very very good, I've only ever seen her in House of Cards but she's perfect in this role, obviously.
You didn't like Gilmore Girls either so I can see you not liking this.
Old 02-09-2020, 12:50 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

When she's bombing I actually have to fast forward parts of it, I can't deal with it, I can't deal with the second hand embarrassment.

I also appreciate they're taking the time with the story but I'm also getting a tad bored.

I took a break to watch the Red Wings game and make some food, we're getting more snow today. It feels like we've had new snow every day this week. It keeps things pretty but it's a pain to have to shovel over and over again.

I have a super busy week at work and I'm hoping that this cold keeps getting better. I'm the worst in the AM.
Old 02-09-2020, 02:18 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Are you on season one?
Which episode?
Quote:
When she's bombing I actually have to fast forward parts of it, I can't deal with it, I can't deal with the second hand embarrassment.

I also appreciate they're taking the time with the story but I'm also getting a tad bored.

I took a break to watch the Red Wings game and make some food, we're getting more snow today. It feels like we've had new snow every day this week. It keeps things pretty but it's a pain to have to shovel over and over again.

I have a super busy week at work and I'm hoping that this cold keeps getting better. I'm the worst in the AM.
It’s cold and rainy here. I’m listening to the rain while I do some sr
Tuff for work and watch the Taylor Swift Netflix thing.
Old 02-09-2020, 07:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm into the second season now. I just feel like it's dragging a bit, it seems kind of stalled out.
Old 02-09-2020, 10:51 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
I'm into the second season now. I just feel like it's dragging a bit, it seems kind of stalled out.
Season 3 is great! Hang in there.
Old 02-10-2020, 10:01 AM
Loyal Fan

Never watched Mrs. Maisel - it never crossed my radar. I did finish Carnival Row and I liked it. Again, its a hybrid of many genres so if you don't like fantasy/mystery/political stories, you won't like it.

Next, I've got to finish Goop Lab.
Old 02-10-2020, 12:03 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Yeah, Carnival Row doesn't seem like my thing. I'm almost at the end of season 2 of Mrs. Maisel. I plan to watch Jack Ryan next.

The Outsider is sputtering for me a bit which is disappointing. This is how it always goes for me with Stephen King source material, it's so frustrating, starts off so promising.

I watched absolutely zero seconds of The Oscars last night but genuinely pleased that Parasite came out and won big.
Old 02-10-2020, 06:55 PM
Loyal Fan

I watched absolutely nothing from the Oscars either - not even the excerpts of the acceptance speeches. I guess I'm just not interested.

I did see on the news that Parasite won and I was pleasantly surprised (although I did 1917 was an awesome movie).
Old 02-10-2020, 08:24 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is fantastic, don't isten to A. It's an ASP...so if you like her stuff, you'll love it! OM and I are obessed with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGirl14 (View Post)
Never watched Mrs. Maisel - it never crossed my radar. I did finish Carnival Row and I liked it. Again, its a hybrid of many genres so if you don't like fantasy/mystery/political stories, you won't like it.

Next, I've got to finish Goop Lab.
What do you think about Goop Lab so far? How many episodes have you watched?