Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2019, 07:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I will watch Elf whenever it's on and Christmas Vacation I can probably quote the entire thing...there is a reason my dog is named Griswold.

I saw that tornado, that's crazy, it really damaged a few of the Dallas Stars' homes. I saw that the local news station had to apologize because they didn't break into programing because the Cowboys were on. Talk about irresponsible.
Yes - I don't like that. They should always break programming with major weather stuff - it's just the right thing to do.
Old 10-23-2019, 07:44 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

John Mulaney posted today that the Netflix special by Jenny Slate is really good. We didn’t make it 15 minutes. It was a painful 15 minutes. I just saved you an hour of your life. You’re welcome.
Old 10-23-2019, 07:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The only thing I've ever seen Jenny Slate in is Girls and she was my least favorite person on that show, and that's saying something.
Old 10-24-2019, 05:34 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

They're officially calling for Rain/Snow Showers on Halloween here. I'm going to have a lot of left over candy...
Old 10-24-2019, 07:05 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
They're officially calling for Rain/Snow Showers on Halloween here. I'm going to have a lot of left over candy...
It’s raining here now! Most rain we’ve seen since we moved! Yay!

We bought a HUGE bag of candy yesterday, I guess we’re sitting in the driveway handing out candy this year.
Old 10-24-2019, 07:10 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

They finally poured my porch and said not to walk on it for 48 hours and not to put anything too heavy on it for about a week...let us hope that it firms up enough by the time I have trick or treaters next week or I'll be sitting outside in the rain handing out candy too.
Old 10-24-2019, 08:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Has anyone watched Schitt's Creek? I'm looking for something comedic to watch (been stuck in dramas/mysteries/fantasy for awhile and need to laugh). Any recommendations would be great.
Old 10-24-2019, 08:59 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Loved Schitt's Creek. It takes a few episodes to get going but it gets really funny, more sentimental/heartwarming towards the end of last season but still good.
Old 10-26-2019, 10:22 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

We need a good comedy. We’ve been watching dramas! We do get an Iliza comedy special soon!
Old 10-26-2019, 11:11 PM
Master Fan

I'm currently at my brother's house because they are away visiting my niece in college. My nephew is such a big baby. He likes to have me here when they are gone. He was out all day and didn't get home until after 11, but he still like to know I'm sleeping in the other room. They live on a main road, so I get it. Today was Scoob's birthday so we were just waiting for him to get home so we could celebrate. I love having no plans sometimes. I actually got a lot done today which always makes me feel good.

I just ate a big ass bowl of Lucky Charms and regular whole milk. I think my body is in shock.
I live in a townhouse so I usually get a few trick or treaters, but I live in a college town so there aren't many kids in my complex. The last few years I have left candy out in a bowl and not answered the door. Yep. I'm that neighbor! But honestly I'm with kids all day and especially on Halloween at school, I don't want to deal when I get home.

Having lived through Sandy, I can say that natural disasters are terrible. Luckily, I'm far enough from the ocean that I had no damage. I actually never lost power but everyone else did, for like 2 weeks. I had so many people staying at my house. And so many dogs! Everyone brought their dogs. My school was closed for 2 weeks as well. Honestly, some areas are still not rebuilt.

I remember seeing those fires in LA on the news. SCARY!!

I'm still proud of the fact that I have never watched a Hallmark movie. I've seen bits and pieces but never a whole one. The most I ever watched was an old Paul Wesley one and I fast forwarded through parts.
Love ELF. Never saw Christmas Vacation.
Old 10-27-2019, 09:46 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I love that he wants you there! That is so sweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I'm currently at my brother's house because they are away visiting my niece in college. My nephew is such a big baby. He likes to have me here when they are gone. He was out all day and didn't get home until after 11, but he still like to know I'm sleeping in the other room. They live on a main road, so I get it. Today was Scoob's birthday so we were just waiting for him to get home so we could celebrate. I love having no plans sometimes. I actually got a lot done today which always makes me feel good.

I just ate a big ass bowl of Lucky Charms and regular whole milk. I think my body is in shock.
I live in a townhouse so I usually get a few trick or treaters, but I live in a college town so there aren't many kids in my complex. The last few years I have left candy out in a bowl and not answered the door. Yep. I'm that neighbor! But honestly I'm with kids all day and especially on Halloween at school, I don't want to deal when I get home.

Having lived through Sandy, I can say that natural disasters are terrible. Luckily, I'm far enough from the ocean that I had no damage. I actually never lost power but everyone else did, for like 2 weeks. I had so many people staying at my house. And so many dogs! Everyone brought their dogs. My school was closed for 2 weeks as well. Honestly, some areas are still not rebuilt.

I remember seeing those fires in LA on the news. SCARY!!

I'm still proud of the fact that I have never watched a Hallmark movie. I've seen bits and pieces but never a whole one. The most I ever watched was an old Paul Wesley one and I fast forwarded through parts.
Love ELF. Never saw Christmas Vacation.
You’ve never seen Christmas vacation?
The hallmark movies are sooo sad, we love it!
OM has a long to do list yesterday . We chewed through a lot of it. She emailed to see where the podcast is, so hopefully she’ll get a quick reply. They did say they were recording it when they started.
She applied to the creative writing program, for her minor, they accept 18 students for spring and she got in! I am so proud of her. Her advisor told her that there were more than 18 applications. Admission was based on grades and a piece she had to submit. One of the classes she gets to take in this program is a screenwriting class. She is so excited!
I appreciate days when I don’t have to go go go. I was sooo tired... I fell asleep about 11:15 Friday night and slept until almost 1 yesterday. I was exhausted!
Today we are manning a trunk or treat “booth” at baby minion’s school.
Old 10-27-2019, 11:54 AM
New Fan

I love that about the Nephew With everyone and the bout of crazy weather we just finished like 2 weeks worth of rain here, varying between a light drizzle and cat and dogs downpour. So I'm soaking up the "Sunny" days of non-rain while I can before it returns since we're technically in our rainy season. Didn't know that about the radio station though, just knew that Dallas didn't have any warning for the Tornado so thats honestly irresponsible on their part. About like the time we had a small Tornado downtown and one time wasn't notified til almost a day later, and another time until a few hours later. I'm hoping although there was damage and some injuries that no one was injured too badly same with those California wildfires, Hope they get those under control soon since relatives that live there.

I live in a neighborhood that's part of a small town, that seems to do parties and trick or treating events before Halloween, and then my actual neighborhood doesn't have that many kids, it might as well be like living in a retirement community or somethin... I don't mean that as disrespect, just that people don't do alot in my neighborhood for the Holidays, and I kinda miss living in a place where you would see alot of people celebrating or decorations. But yeah, I'm not sure how many trick or treaters we will have since it varies every year how many people park and then walk down here. I haven't seen a Hallmark movie either but I have seen the Ion ones so...i guess that could be as bad? It's ticking me off a little though, that they're trying to push Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas into one huge Holiday.
Old 10-29-2019, 03:19 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Our cottage up north has that small town vibe, every store on main street decorates like crazy, a ton of events. It's really charming, you kind of miss that in a bigger suburb. Though I think part of my lack of enthusiasm over Halloween is that I just don't have kids yet and I'm not big on dressing up myself.

I feel like as soon as school starts there's Halloween stuff out and then October hits and you start seeing Thanksgiving stuff and as soon as Halloween is over it'll be Christmas. It's ridiculous. Let us breathe!

I had to have blood drawn over a few hours today for some tests so they put in an IV line in and they totally butchered it. The guy that put the line in totally wasn't prepared and the IV line dripped a ton of blood everywhere and on me before he could draw the blood. Then the nurse taking it out didn't compress it long enough then proceeded to take my blood pressure in that same arm and we both look down and literally looked like a massacre. They're lucky blood doesn't bother me. But, needless to say my arm is a bit bruised.
Old 10-29-2019, 04:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I had to have blood drawn over a few hours today for some tests so they put in an IV line in and they totally butchered it. The guy that put the line in totally wasn't prepared and the IV line dripped a ton of blood everywhere and on me before he could draw the blood. Then the nurse taking it out didn't compress it long enough then proceeded to take my blood pressure in that same arm and we both look down and literally looked like a massacre. They're lucky blood doesn't bother me. But, needless to say my arm is a bit bruised.
This honestly sounds horrible. I don't have issues with blood either but geez ... not good. I sure hope the tests aren't too serious and you are okay.

The fires here in LA are pretty bad - the air quality is really oppressive. I have some friends staying with me because they were evacuated on Monday. (Yesterday was definitely worse than today however so maybe that's a good sign). Another good sign is the weather has at least cooled off - a week ago (when the first of the LA fires started), it was 88 degrees at the beach, today is about 68. The whole fire situation in this state is such a messed up ecological and political issue - it really just feels like it will never end.

On a lighter note, I did start Schitt's Creek (which I like but I'm taking it slow). I also finished the Bodyguard on Netflix and really liked that. I'm a little embarrassed to say I watched one episode of the Jack Ryan series last night (sort of had to as my friends that are staying with me picked it) - not usually crazy about those types of shows but John Karasinski is in it and he's awful cute (another guy who definitely looks better with a beard).
Old 10-29-2019, 05:35 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Do they have an estimate on when they might be let back to their homes? I know someone further north in California whose had their power cut since Sunday. It's such a terrible situation and I know people are always, "oh there have always been fires" and I do remember seeing smoke from wild fires when I was in California years ago but I don't remember them like this, they've been so bad these past few years.

Schitt's Creek is one of those shows that the body language and just mannerisms of the characters is half the comedy, it gets better too. I'm considering letting another streaming service go and picking up Prime for awhile to catch up on all the shows I've missed out on and Jack Ryan would be one of them for sure, and Fleabag, and Homecoming, and The Boys and all those other shows I've missed out on for so long. John Karasinski really did it for me in A Quiet Place...

I've been watching Marcella on Netflix. It took me about three episodes before I realized she's the girl from Pushing Daisies and one of the other characters is from Game of Thrones...it's from the creators of The Bridge and another "Nordic" series, which is what Shadowplay is too. It's good!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread