Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2019, 09:59 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I've never been on a motorcycle. My uncle out in Oregon was messing around on a trip hit a rock in the road, ejected off of his motorcycle going I don't even know how fast and was lucky enough that he just broke a leg and some ribs. But they kind of scare me. But I would imagine it's a great way to sight see.

I was turned off of El Camino just based on a few headline reviews I saw but I'm sure I'll watch it eventually. I loved Breaking Bad.

Oh I loved The Fall. I discovered the first season on Netflix and then had to wait for the subsequent seasons, I think I even went to downloading them illegally as they were airing overseas before they were available here. I blame that show for my unhealthy Jaime Dornan obsession for a little while, I mean considering he's a serial rapist/killer. I love Gillian too, I mean she's always Scully to me but I also can't wait to see her turn as Margaret Thatcher on the upcoming seasons of The Crown.

Does anyone watch Succession? It is so so good. The finale of season two last night is in my top maybe two of wonderful perfect hours of television. That season alone was top five for me. It's such a great series. The ending was perfection. I've never been more satisfied with the way something has gone down so unexpectedly in a series before.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Motorcycles are definitely dangerous - no denying. I certainly don't blame you for not riding. My guy has been riding since he was a teenager and has had 3 pretty serious accidents - and not because he's been reckless - its just the risk you take when you get on. He has two bikes and still rides though and as long as the roads are clear, I'm up for the risk - I don't like riding in traffic . Unfortunately, or fortunately (depending on how you look at it) so many of life's adventures are dangerous - skiing, surfing, backpacking, even just traveling in general - they all come down to what you are willing to risk.

I knew you would like The Fall - bummer you already saw it though. I have not watched Succession but its been on my radar. I'll give it a try.

El Camino was good - if you liked Breaking Bad, you'll like it. The feel of it is the same. My only complaint was it was slow in parts but I did appreciate the ending.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:57 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Yes, I saw that the reviews kind of said it was a slow burn and not much happens...but I don't know. I'd like to see it to complete the series. I might have to do a rewatch of the last season though, it feels like so long ago.

I actually became a fan of Better Call Saul and really really love that show too.

I'm all about creepy True Crime mini-series, documentaries, pretty much anything true crime does it for me.

It's true though, if you didn't take risks, and so many outdoor activities can potentially be dangerous. We have kayaks at our lake house and it's on Lake Huron so that's a lake that acts like an ocean, but if you don't respect it or pay attention to the winds or whatever else, it can be dangerous. People just tool around out there like it's nothing sometimes but over the years, probably at least once a year, you hear about an inexperienced kayaker drowning, whether it be because a storm came up or who knows what.

Motorcycles in traffic. I'm a good driver and I know that I've been surprised by them in my blind spot a few times that have left my heart racing. If I have music going and can't hear them it's just scary.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:24 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGirl14 (View Post)
I took a last minute trip over the weekend - we drove up the CA coast and back on the motorcycle so no internet for me. It was beautiful - perfect weather and honestly, so relaxing. The motorcycle trips I've taken are honestly some of my favorite - as long as you are out of the city and in the fresh air, its awesome.
How nice to get away!

Spoiler:

Last edited by SouthernSweetieTX; 10-14-2019 at 08:59 PM
Old 10-14-2019, 09:10 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Lions ****ed by the refs again, surprise surprise. It's actually comical at this point.

I at least appreciate that it was done on a national stage so everyone else can see first hand what the Lions fans have been dealing with for, I don't know my entire existence. Those two hands to the face calls which were not penalties at all that would have forced Green Bay to punt, instead give GB two scoring plays...those are game changers.

The NFL will issue an apology to Trey Flowers and the Lions tomorrow and it will mean nothing because a loss like that to a divisional opponent which now puts them 3 games back of them in the standings is a killer. Thanks, refs.

Old 10-14-2019, 11:57 PM
Loyal Fan

I watched El Camino on Sunday. I loved it. Jesse Plemons is such a great actor! And Aaron Paul too of course.

I went to see Joker yesterday. . . AMAZING!! Joaquin is fantastic. There was a poster in the lobby for 21 Bridges but it wasn't one of the trailers.

Kiki I'm so sorry for your friend. That just sucks. . .
Old 10-15-2019, 06:00 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Lions ****ed by the refs again, surprise surprise. It's actually comical at this point.

I at least appreciate that it was done on a national stage so everyone else can see first hand what the Lions fans have been dealing with for, I don't know my entire existence. Those two hands to the face calls which were not penalties at all that would have forced Green Bay to punt, instead give GB two scoring plays...those are game changers.

The NFL will issue an apology to Trey Flowers and the Lions tomorrow and it will mean nothing because a loss like that to a divisional opponent which now puts them 3 games back of them in the standings is a killer. Thanks, refs.

I truly felt your pain last night. I went to watch the game at a local pub with some friends and everyone, I mean EVERYONE in the pub, was totally with you. Even some of the Green Bay fans were meekish about it. So sorry for the loss ... it was definitely undeserved.
Old 10-15-2019, 04:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It's just a systemic issue with the Lions because they've never been decent, they've always been bad to mediocre at best so when they're playing teams that are perennial playoff contenders or have elite players, the Lions opponents are very often given the benefit of the doubt, but in turn it always leaves the Lions with the short end of the stick. It happens, a lot.

Green Bay leads the league in "beneficiary yard" meaning they've accrued the most yards off of their opponents penalties at 501 yards, the Lions are dead last in the league with 234 yards.

And my last comment on it, but, I'll mention that right on schedule the league issued their admission that the refs got it wrong, like always. Doesn't help the Lions now of course.

So to add to my awesome mood today and misery I went and got a flu shot this morning and feel so blah. I had a hard time getting through my work out. I'm so tired. The Red Wings are out west and on at like 10:30, I don't know if I'm going to make it.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:23 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

A bad call here and there is to be expected. It’s getting to where they are the rule, not the exception. Something needs to be done.

No flu shots for me!

OM fell asleep yesterday at 7! She still had homework to do. I let her get a power nap and woke her up at 8. She has 2 hours of just French homework EVERY DAY! It’s ridiculous.

I’m making yogurt again today! Woo-hoo!
Old 10-16-2019, 06:03 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

There were literally like 7 calls that went against the Lions that weren't even questionable, they were just wrong.

I have to get a flu shot if I want to be around my cousin. Even if he's in the maintenance portion of his chemo if you don't have a flu shot it's a no go. Trying to protect those that can't protect themselves.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:06 PM
Master Fan

I had a boyfriend who had a motorcycle. I didn't really like riding on it though. One time we got stuck in a torrential downpour. That was not fun. My best friend (the one that just got married), has a Harley. Her and her husband both have one. I've never been on it.

I can't decide if I want to see The Joker. Is it creepy? I don't like creepy.

No flu shots for me either.

How does one make yogurt?
Old 10-16-2019, 06:10 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I, in general, enjoy Joaquin so I will definitely eventually see The Joker.

My next must see is Bombshell though, for sure. Charlize transformed completely into Megan Kelly and of course I love Margot. Connie is actually in this too I think.

Old 10-16-2019, 06:12 PM
Loyal Fan

I cannot remember who really likes Timothee Chalamet, but he's on the most recent Happy Sad Confused podcast if your interested.

Probably will see Joker but if I wait until its released on tv, I won't be disappointed. Bombshell looks fantastic!!!
Old 10-16-2019, 06:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyGirl14 (View Post)
I cannot remember who really likes Timothee Chalamet, but he's on the most recent Happy Sad Confused podcast if your interested.
That would be me. I started it in the car on the way home from work today. I can't wait for Taylor to be on there again.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
That would be me. I started it in the car on the way home from work today. I can't wait for Taylor to be on there again.
Oh - glad you found it. I like that podcast too!!!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread