Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2018, 08:34 PM
Master Fan

There's been tears here for sure. Me, my brother, my father.... Still debating about the parade tomorrow. I took the day off but all of my plans have fallen through. They moved it from Wednesday to Thursday because of the weather and two of my friends bailed. Then my dad bailed, and our safe haven along the parade route was shut down. It's a 50 story building where my friend works but they are on lockdown, only staff. I guess they don't want any trouble. My brother and nephew are rolling in at the parade start and rolling quickly out because my nephew has to get back to school because he has a basketball game. So I can go with them but they are barely going to see anything. I even pitched going to a bar outside the city to at least watch the parade all together but now everyone has to be in work. Grrr. I don't feel safe going by myself because it's going to be a **** show... normally I wouldn't mind but there is potential for being locked in or stranded for hours. Also.. I met this guy on Saturday while out to dinner with friends. He's been texting me relentlessly about meeting up at the parade. That really wouldn't be wise to meet up with him by myself like that. What to do??? What to do???? I have until 6am to decide.
Old 02-07-2018, 08:52 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
There's been tears here for sure. Me, my brother, my father.... Still debating about the parade tomorrow. I took the day off but all of my plans have fallen through. They moved it from Wednesday to Thursday because of the weather and two of my friends bailed. Then my dad bailed, and our safe haven along the parade route was shut down. It's a 50 story building where my friend works but they are on lockdown, only staff. I guess they don't want any trouble. My brother and nephew are rolling in at the parade start and rolling quickly out because my nephew has to get back to school because he has a basketball game. So I can go with them but they are barely going to see anything. I even pitched going to a bar outside the city to at least watch the parade all together but now everyone has to be in work. Grrr. I don't feel safe going by myself because it's going to be a **** show... normally I wouldn't mind but there is potential for being locked in or stranded for hours. Also.. I met this guy on Saturday while out to dinner with friends. He's been texting me relentlessly about meeting up at the parade. That really wouldn't be wise to meet up with him by myself like that. What to do??? What to do???? I have until 6am to decide.
I wouldn’t meet him alone. Nope. Nope. Nope.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:52 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I saw that video yesterday, he seems so genuinely happy. I imagine that would be my reaction if the Lions ever win a Superbowl in my lifetime, not likely. The first cup the Red Wings won in '96 I cried, won't lie.
At this point I'd cry like that if the Browns won ANY game! With a 1-32 record counting the past two seasons, I don't see us getting near a playoff game any time soon, let alone the Super Bowl. lol

I agree about not meeting the new guy alone. It sucks your plans fell through. I hope you get to go.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:47 AM
Master Fan

I decided not to go. I'm a little salty about it, but I made everyone promise that next time... because I have a feeling we may get another in the next few years... we go and we go BIG. I am going back to the Dr. in a bit because I can't knock this cough out and I'm watching the news etc. I get both Philly and NY stations since I'm smack dab in between the two. My nephew and brother just arrived BECAUSE they got a half hour out and realized my brother forgot his coat! It's 20 degrees! Dumb ass. I would have been pissed if I was in the car.

The guy and I have mutual friends so I know he's not a psycho or anything. But still not my idea of a first date, especially since he probably doesn't realize what a dude I am when it comes to sports.

My father was telling us about going downtown when the Flyers won the Stanley Cup in the 70s. We lived in the city at the time, but I was a newborn I think... clearly don't remember.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:44 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm sorry you didn't get to go! That's a bummer. I went to the Red Wings first parade and will never forget it. But I was also young so it was so cool to see.

This is the iconic picture from that parade with Yzerman and the cup, he was the last car and we just surrounded him and walked with him down to Hart Plaza. I'll never forget it.

That being said, more recently I've become really wary of large/unpredictable crowds. And it's cold, so at least you're not freezing your butt off.

That kind of would have been a fun first date, but in a group setting maybe? If you have mutuals then that's a different story. Though I always try to have a first date with someone I'm not completely familiar with at a place I can tell others I'm going to be. (I've seen too many episodes of Dateline).

I'm currently surrogate mom to a 4 year old, 10 month old and a very large dog. This is what my life might look like in another five-ten years...I'm already exhausted.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:51 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Can I be the mom and say, with your cough you didn’t need to be out there anyway. sucks you didn’t get to go. I know, I’m still mad I was too sick to see Taylor play in the softball game a few years ago (dang pneumonia)! Hopefully, you’ll get another chance at it.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
Can I be the mom and say, with your cough you didn’t need to be out there anyway. sucks you didn’t get to go. I know, I’m still mad I was too sick to see Taylor play in the softball game a few years ago (dang pneumonia)! Hopefully, you’ll get another chance at it.
I know, but this was the first FIRST time. Oh well. I watched every second live with my dad.
Old 02-08-2018, 08:18 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I have to decide whether to be brave tomorrow and make my way to work in a snow storm or just hunker down and call it a snow day. All the schools are closed already, they're predicting 9 to 12 inches. I went to the grocery store this evening and made the absolute worst mistake and didn't pick up more rum if we're going to be stuck here all day and night.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:03 PM
Addicted Fan

Eh, just stay home with the kids and the dogs. How is Grizz getting along with the other dog and having kids there?

The Cavs' in 2016 was the only championship parade around here in my lifetime. Probably will be the ONLY one in my lifetime. Haha (They traded half the team today!) I had no qualms going alone, but there were so many people expected, I would've had to leave the house at 6 am, and then leave the parade super early to get to work. Turns out there were so many people, it took hours to get out of downtown. Our transit system and buses were running nonstop but the wait was still terrible. Our infrastructure isn't really equipped for a million-plus people! BUT everyone was so happy, there was barely any drama. No fighting or looting or turning cars over. lol Literally, I think less than a handful of people were arrested either the night we won or the day of the parade.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:25 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I lose the kids this morning. Their grandparents flew in last night to help out for the week so they're taking them over to the house. I love them but two nights is about my threshold for playing mom at the moment. Griz did pretty well, this past summer a friend of mine had her 3 year old up at our cottage with Griz, he was the first little kid he'd spent a lot of time around and aside from one knocking him over incident he did well. But these boys are used to Duke whose a great dane mix, so they get bumped and it's nothing to them. Though watching Griz watch Nolan crawl was pretty entertaining.
Old 02-09-2018, 06:18 PM
Master Fan

I used to love having my niece and nephew for multiple days when they were little, but then I loved sending them home.

I guess it's a good thing I didn't go to the parade... with pneumonia and all. I was supposed to go over and look at my nephew 's pictures/videos but now that I know I'm sick I guess I shouldn't hang out with him.. although I feel fine, except for the cough.

My little guy used to be good with other dogs when he was younger, but now he is really never around them. Now when he does come into contact with another dog, he could care less.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:09 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I love kids and babies! A client tonight had her 16 month old with her. OMG! I would take him home in a heartbeat!
Old 02-09-2018, 09:56 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm glad they finally diagnosed you. Pneumonia is nothing to mess around with.

I like kids too but it's still nice to give them back. What do they always say, it's different when it's your own kids.

I shoveled snow three times today. Over it.
Old 02-10-2018, 11:48 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I shoveled snow three times today. Over it.
I came out today and my car had a sheet of ice on it from the freezing rain and I said the EXACT same thing.

I miss having babies and little kids to take care of or babysit. My friends' and relatives' kids are all either too old now or nonexistent like me. My youngest niece, who's now 3, for some reason wants absolutely nothing to do with me. It actually hurts my feelings! My other niece was never like that. She adores me.
Old 02-10-2018, 11:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Kids are weird. My one friends son went through a phase where he didn't want anything to do with me, but that was kind of his only wanting to be with mommy phase. He got over it last summer when I saw him but I definitely get the hurt feelings.

I had to shovel only once today, but we're supposed to get another 3-5 inches tomorrow. I'd say that'll put us at about 15 inches over the last three days. My shovel piles are getting kind of ridiculous at the end of the driveway. I have a fire hydrant in front of my house and had to dig that out today and had to make a special path for Griz.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread