Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2023, 07:12 AM
Dedicated Fan

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like Taylor is just super unlucky when it comes to his projects. Something always seems to happen. Either it gets shut down, doesn't materialize in the first place or he gets injured.
Gabbycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 08:07 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4books (View Post)
It doesn’t seem like there is any movement on getting each side to the table to negotiate so a strike does seem imminent . Didn’t the last strike last 70+ days?
Last SAG strike or writers strike? Last writer's strike lasted 100 days. SAG hasn't gone on strike in over 20 years and that was a long one too, 5+ months.
worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 10:46 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
I mean…it could be like the writer’s strike, where a previously contracted project could still be completed. Because that project wouldn’t be affected by the new strike results…I don’t know. OM isn’t here for me ask her how that works.
She said that unlike the writer’s strike, the actor’s strike would stop everything, immediately. In the case of the writers, if the writing is done, their part is finished. The actors part is the acting…so they would be working during the strike.

Yes, Taylor seems to have very unfortunate circumstances with his projects. There always seems to be something, and the frustrating part, to me, is it’s never anything he has any control over.
Old 06-14-2023, 09:51 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

This SAG strike is going to impact three of his projects. 'Painkiller' because he won't cross picket lines to promote it, or at least he shouldn't. This project if they can't get it finished and his Terminal List prequel will just be pushed further.

But we're just focused on what Taylor has going on, every other actor out there will be dealing with the same thing. Could you imagine having a huge movie you worked on coming out in the month of July when you're not physically going to be able to promote it at all. That would hurt at least if he can't promote it's an ensemble project and not something he's staring in.
Old 06-14-2023, 12:59 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I didn’t even think about not promoting projects! UGH!
Old 06-14-2023, 08:09 PM
Passionate Fan

Would they be allowed to promote it via podcasts or online interviews? Is that considered crossing lines if it’s not in studio? I feel like he did a million of those for Terminal List.
Crazy4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 08:34 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

There is a possibility the month of July, if talks are going well, that the actors can continue on with projects and promoting as long as there are productive negotiations happening. They didn't say much past the month of July and seems like the studios are waiting on a list of what actors can and cannot do if the strike happens.
Old 06-15-2023, 08:46 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
There is a possibility the month of July, if talks are going well, that the actors can continue on with projects and promoting as long as there are productive negotiations happening. They didn't say much past the month of July and seems like the studios are waiting on a list of what actors can and cannot do if the strike happens.
Good news!
Old 06-15-2023, 10:17 PM
Passionate Fan

Fingers crossed that this happens and he can do some sort of promotion.
Old 06-27-2023, 04:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It seems like some of the cast is wrapping/done with filming. The last casting call I saw had them filming yesterday so I won't say they're entirely done but sounds like it's getting there.
Old 06-27-2023, 08:36 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
It seems like some of the cast is wrapping/done with filming. The last casting call I saw had them filming yesterday so I won't say they're entirely done but sounds like it's getting there.
That’s great news!
Old 06-28-2023, 07:04 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Still filming as of today, casting call for tonight was posted earlier today.
Old 06-28-2023, 08:57 PM
Passionate Fan

I haven’t been paying close attention to the strikes but do you think this might get wrapped before having to shut down?
Old 06-29-2023, 08:32 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

They haven't come to a deal yet. I don't know how soon they'd walk off sets but their deal ends tomorrow.
Old 06-29-2023, 03:20 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
They haven't come to a deal yet. I don't know how soon they'd walk off sets but their deal ends tomorrow.
We shall see!