Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2019, 11:03 PM
Addicted Fan

Speaking of Smash, Gaius is on another series. It's on Sunday nights on CBS and is called God Friended Me. I know this because I've actually been recording it (it premiered last fall). It's a sweet show and the cast is likable, but weirdly enough, I was giving it one more episode -- this past Sunday -- to really grab me or I was going to stop recording. But now that Gaius is on, I feel like I have to keep watching. I actually missed his debut because for a while I was just deleting the episodes without watching. Anyway, he plays a young reverend. Here's a blurb about the show:

Quote:
Scoop: Coming Up on a New Episode of GOD FRIENDED ME on CBS - Sunday, March 3, 2019
"Two Guys, a Girl, and a Thai Food Place" - Miles and Cara help a young woman who fell into a coma after disappearing the night before her wedding and wakes with no memory of that evening. Also, Rakesh comes face-to-face with Simon Hayes (Adam Goldberg), the tech CEO who may be involved with the God Account, and Arthur's mentorship of Rev. Carver (Gaius Charles) gets off to a rocky start, on GOD FRIENDED ME, Sunday, March 3 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

GOD FRIENDED ME is a humorous, uplifting drama about an outspoken atheist whose life is turned upside down when he receives a friend request on social media from "God" and unwittingly becomes an agent of change in the lives and destinies of others around him.

Miles Finer is intelligent, hopeful and optimistic, but he doesn't believe in God. This puts him at odds with his father, Reverend Arthur Finer, a beloved PREACHER at Harlem's Trinity Church for 25 years who is stung by his son's strong rejection of his faith. Miles feels he's found his purpose in life hosting a podcast where he's free to speak his mind, but that changes when he receives the ultimate friend request.
After repeated pokes by "God," Miles' CURIOSITY takes over, and he accepts the request and follows the signs to Cara Bloom, an online journalist suffering from writer's block. Brought together by the God Account, the two find themselves investigating "God's" friend suggestions and inadvertently helping others in need.

Joining them on their journey are Miles's supportive sister, Ali, a doctoral PSYCH student by day and bartender by night, and his best friend, Rakesh, a sometime hacker who helps Miles and Cara research the enigmatic account. Miles is set on getting to the bottom of what he believes is an elaborate hoax, but in the meantime he'll play along and, in the process, change his life forever.
https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/...-2019-20190208
Old 03-05-2019, 08:14 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I always forget that Gaius actually left acting for a time after FNL to pursue a degree in religion. I love that he's playing a Reverend here.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:44 PM
Addicted Fan

He looks like a natural in the role, to be honest.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
He looks like a natural in the role, to be honest.
I believe he got his theological degree from Drew University near me, which is also where they filmed the college scene in the ep. New York, New York. One of my work colleagues is currently getting a masters in theology. She's super religious and runs the CCD program at her church. After she retires in a few years she plans to become some type of minister. We went to Italy together several years ago and she dragged me in every friggen church.. lol And she also drinks like a fish.
Old 03-06-2019, 05:04 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Happy birthday to Connie! Can't believe Taylor and Sophia Bush hanging out at her 50th was two years ago. Time flies.
Old 03-06-2019, 11:33 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherts (View Post)
I believe he got his theological degree from Drew University near me, which is also where they filmed the college scene in the ep. New York, New York. One of my work colleagues is currently getting a masters in theology. She's super religious and runs the CCD program at her church. After she retires in a few years she plans to become some type of minister. We went to Italy together several years ago and she dragged me in every friggen church.. lol And she also drinks like a fish.
That last line killed me. I wasn't expecting it.

So God Friended Me has been renewed for a second season. I hope Gaius becomes a regular!

Wow, I can't believe that party was two years ago either! I do remember the rumors it set off about Taylor and Sophia!
Old 03-07-2019, 04:32 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
conniebritton
Spoiled rotten? Yes. But feeling so loved and grateful. Thank you all for making my birthday so special!
Old 03-07-2019, 05:36 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

She’s so cute!

Happy birthday Connie!
Old 03-08-2019, 04:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
That last line killed me. I wasn't expecting it.
We're all going to a Murder Mystery tomorrow night at her church. I'm in charge of the booze.
Old 03-08-2019, 07:48 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
We're all going to a Murder Mystery tomorrow night at her church. I'm in charge of the booze.
That’s awesome!

Mindy has been driving past old haunts...

She buried the lead... she’s auditioning for something in Austin!
Old 03-08-2019, 08:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)

She buried the lead... she’s auditioning for something in Austin!
Hmmmmmm ?????? That's exciting. I wonder what it is.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:19 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Hmmmmmm ?????? That's exciting. I wonder what it is.
I dunno know! Maybe she’ll tell us.
Old 03-09-2019, 09:11 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I feel like Stacey should be getting more work. I saw her in a Lifetime movie and she acted everyone else under the table.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:22 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I feel like Stacey should be getting more work. I saw her in a Lifetime movie and she acted everyone else under the table.
She was good in Grey’s as well. Maybe she’s picky...err, selective, like Taylor.
Old 03-10-2019, 12:11 AM
Master Fan

I saw this on Graham Norton today. I thought it was hysterical.

I watched "It's Different For Girls" today. I love that cafeteria scene. God, Taylor was so hot.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread