Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2019, 07:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Only ever seen the first episode of the Sopranos. Seen all of FNL, Breaking Bad, the Good Wife and Transparent. I've seen loads of Adventure Time too. The other, I haven't seen.

I really enjoyed Versace. I thought Darren Criss was fantastic. Some bits are a bit bloody but it was fine for me.

I bought a copy of the FNL film a few weeks ago but not got round to watching yet.
Old 02-16-2019, 09:24 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The movie is set back in the early 90's so it has a little bit of a different feel to it. I know that Pete tried to get Billy Bob to reprise his role as Coach for the tv series but he wouldn't do it. His next choice was Dwight Yoakam. He thought Kyle was too young for the part.

Connie's dog got away from a trainer and has been missing for a few days.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:46 AM
Addicted Fan

Poor little Yobi must be heartbroken! I hope she's found safe.

I've seen all of Battlestar Galactica, Lost, The Good Wife, Enlightened, Veronica Mars, Jane the Virgin, Atlanta, Justified, Southland and Game of Thrones; four seasons of The West Wing until I got bored; the first seasons of Deadwood and Breaking Bad; and parts of the first seasons of The Wire, The Leftovers and The Americans. I'm surprised I've seen so many!

The Sopranos was great but I feel it's way overrated as being revolutionary. Both Oz and Sex and the City came before it, as did Homicide on NBC, and they're more game-changing in their individual ways, in my opinion. For example, I think Homicide actually started the handheld-camera style on TV. I think Oz was the first to kill off major characters.

Which is not to say The Sopranos couldn't be brilliant! I'm thinking of two episodes in particular
Spoiler:

Btw, so this Jussie Smollett thing. ... I just don't see why he'd fake something like that. It just doesn't make sense! Especially since he was seen as such an advocate for LGBTQ people, black gay men especially.

Last edited by KitscherSunk; 02-17-2019 at 12:56 AM
Old 02-17-2019, 01:20 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I love that FNL always makes it on these lists. I love that it holds up and I love that people still love it. For all these years of championing this series I've never felt more confident when telling someone new, "You'll love it." Because I have yet to find someone who doesn't.

I just hope he didn't fake it. The number of people that automatically don't want to believe victims is just crazy to me, to have something like this happen, it would be a set back.

Connie's dog was found! This is my worst nightmare. Leaving my dog with someone or someplace while I'm gone and they go missing. I'm such a helicopter dog parent. I can't imagine what I'm going to be like with kids.

Quote:
conniebritton
Santos has been found!! She is safe and well. And it is thanks to just an incredible outpouring of love and care and hope and support, without which it wouldn’t have been possible. To all of you who worked tirelessly to help bring the girl home, and sent your sweet wishes for her return, I am forever in your debt. My heart is bursting with gratitude. Thank you.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 02-17-2019 at 02:52 PM
Old 02-17-2019, 03:57 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

A lost puppy is the worst! So glad she found her baby!

Everyone I’ve recommended FNL to, that has watched it, loved it!
Old 02-17-2019, 07:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I just hope he didn't fake it. The number of people that automatically don't want to believe victims is just crazy to me, to have something like this happen, it would be a set back.

Connie's dog was found! This is my worst nightmare. Leaving my dog with someone or someplace while I'm gone and they go missing. I'm such a helicopter dog parent. I can't imagine what I'm going to be like with kids.
Lost dog is my worst nightmare.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:15 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I get anxiety seeing other people's lost dog posts. I would probably die of anxiety if Griswold or Sam got out. They're both chipped and relatively friendly but I have no faith in most people that they wouldn't just keep them because they're both so sweet probably more so Sam than Grisowld. Griz is so different looking if someone took him and kept him I think that would be tough for them to hide it, he's unique looking. I always have people stop to ask me if he's an irish wolfhound.

I stopped to get a French Bulldog back to his house last summer, I followed him into a yard where work was being done on a new construction house, having no idea that it was his house I tried to take him because I followed him there from a block away and right from a busy busy street. He was probably thinking, what the hell lady, this is my house. But he had no tags. People need to be smart. I'm glad Connie found her dog.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:33 PM
Master Fan

I hate lost dog posts, dog abuse posts, dog adoption posts. I unfollow all of those people.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:48 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

They honestly ruin my day. I will worry about whether or not that dog/cat is found. I try to avoid them at all costs. It's like when the ASPCA commercials come on I can't switch the channel fast enough.
Old 02-18-2019, 06:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
They honestly ruin my day. I will worry about whether or not that dog/cat is found. I try to avoid them at all costs. It's like when the ASPCA commercials come on I can't switch the channel fast enough.
I actually have thought about writing those channels a letter and telling them that I change the channel when those commercials come on. It's not good business.
Old 02-19-2019, 12:27 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I have a friend that posts about dogs needing to be adopted. She loves her rescue and wants everyone to have one too. She loves pets!
Old 02-19-2019, 09:46 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

See, it's sad to say but even those make me sad. I sometimes will even make sure the animal that's being reposted isn't in a no kill shelter. That's why I had to unfollow Geoff on IG, he posts animals on death row and being so far away from LA there's nothing I can do to help, it's just depressing.

If they really wanted to get people's attention they should have happy commercials with dogs being rescued and then in their forever home.
Old 02-19-2019, 01:20 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I totally get it!

Quote:
See, it's sad to say but even those make me sad. I sometimes will even make sure the animal that's being reposted isn't in a no kill shelter. That's why I had to unfollow Geoff on IG, he posts animals on death row and being so far away from LA there's nothing I can do to help, it's just depressing.

If they really wanted to get people's attention they should have happy commercials with dogs being rescued and then in their forever home.
Yes! That would be great! Happy people and happy pets!
Old 02-19-2019, 04:05 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

MBJ will be presenting at the Oscars.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:46 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
MBJ will be presenting at the Oscars.
Yay! Something to look forward to!