Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2019, 08:09 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I would not want to be trapped in an elevator. Nope. Nope. Nope.
Old 02-26-2019, 02:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

A friend of mine who suffers from anxiety was stuck in an elevator poor thing. I don't know that I'd survive.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:32 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
A friend of mine who suffers from anxiety was stuck in an elevator poor thing. I don't know that I'd survive.
That would be no fun at all!
Old 02-28-2019, 10:26 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I might try out Dirty John this weekend finally. I need a new binge.
Old 03-01-2019, 05:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
My worst nightmare. I actually used to not get in elevators by myself.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:06 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Have you ever seen that video of the person that was caught on security camera stuck in an elevator for 48 hours? Or something like that. It was sped up but it gave me anxiety just watching it.

One of the courts I go to is on the 13th floor and I get on the elevator in there a lot by myself and I always think it's going to get stuck. It's an old building.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I might try out Dirty John this weekend finally. I need a new binge.
I watched it all last week. I loved it! I didn't realise Julia Garner is in it!
Old 03-01-2019, 06:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

She's been in so much lately! I do really love her. I think she was kind of under used in Waco. She's one of the best parts of Ozarks.
Old 03-02-2019, 10:35 PM
Addicted Fan

I got stuck in an elevator at work once. It was only for 10 minutes, tops, and I'm not normally claustrophobic, but it gets your mind racing. At first it was funny, but then -- I was alone.
Old 03-03-2019, 12:57 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

If I knew I was only like on floor one or two I think I'd be fine, the idea of falling is what gets me.

I went to watch Dirty John on Netflix and it's not there. I wonder if it was just a limited Valentine's Day weekend thing.
Old 03-03-2019, 09:32 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
If I knew I was only like on floor one or two I think I'd be fine, the idea of falling is what gets me.

I went to watch Dirty John on Netflix and it's not there. I wonder if it was just a limited Valentine's Day weekend thing.
This is making me rethink all my elevator encounters. The possibility of falling would get me too.

Weird it was only on Netflix a short time...
Old 03-04-2019, 10:47 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Yeah, I don't know why it was yanked. I can probably still find it OnDemand on Bravo but I'd rather not have to deal with commercials.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:05 PM
Master Fan

So I've been following the NFL draft and watching the combine etc. Every time they talk about the 40, it makes me think of Smash. What was his run time?

When my niece was in high school, the whole area was up and arms about private high schools recruiting athletes away from the public schools. They somehow don't have to follow the sit out rules and who knows what goes on with money. One town sued a private school because they said they didn't follow proper procedures etc. etc. They lost. But anyhow, that student who the lawsuit was over is in the draft and literally just SMASHED his combine tests. I guess I see why he was such a big deal in high school.
Old 03-04-2019, 08:49 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'd have to go back and see what he said he ran it in, if it was ever timed. I remember them timing him but that was when he was on the steroids.

Yeah, private/catholic schools around here kind of play by their own rules. Which I always thought should mean that if they can recruit players then they shouldn't be allowed to be in the same divisions as the public schools that can't. One of my friends in high school was recruited heavily after our freshman year, but he didn't want to leave our school, or team, which was pretty good. We lost to the team that was recruiting him in the playoffs.

But it can get downright vindictive too, a basketball player locally was recruited by Michigan State. He wanted to transfer from one high school to another to play with another Michigan State recruit, play with a more competitive team and get ready for college. The school that he was transferring from filed a claim with the MHSAA stating he was transferring for non academic reasons and should be deemed ineligible to play his senior year even though his entire family up and moved to the area where he was transferring. It's so messed up. What does that school gain by not allowing the kid to play his senior year, because you're pissed he transferred?
Old 03-04-2019, 09:13 PM
Master Fan

They definitely talked about it several times. When he was on steroids, when he was injured.
Quote:
I'd have to go back and see what he said he ran it in, if it was ever timed. I remember them timing him but that was when he was on the steroids.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread