Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2024, 09:48 PM
Passionate Fan

Grand Seduction is one of his best movies except his love interest is such a dud and they had zero chemistry. His humor and charm is on full display which is probably why I like it so much. Savages is good but the plot is very dark. Normal Heart is great as well but he doesn’t look like himself in that and the subject is so sad that I can’t watch it very often.

I don’t think he will ever do a rom com but one can hope. Maybe if it’s a rom com with a Navy Seal or anything military related he might consider it .
Crazy4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 03:37 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Glen Powell is obviously younger than Taylor, but the romcom he just did would have been a good fit for Taylor.
Old 01-10-2024, 11:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Agreed, it would’ve been great to see him do something outside of his comfort zone but this is where I think his lack of versatility hurts him. I understand he chooses roles that speak to him but he’s boxed himself in playing military roles lately. As a fan, I would like him to try different roles and comedy/rom com would be a great fit even if he feels it’s beneath him to do it.

Glen Powell is adorable and was also in the Top Gun sequel. He’s also starring in the Twister sequel which I’m excited to see.
Old 01-11-2024, 03:55 AM
Part-Time Fan

See I’m of the opposite opinion here. I love the military roles. For me Ben Edwards is my favourite role of his. It combines his humour, weapons training skills which I love to see and the understated way he plays some scenes. Plus he is in different styles of clothing- plus the obligatory shirt off scenes- thank you one and all for those!! I really liked getting into this character and then being bitterly disappointed at his duplicity and the end pay off which is gutting.
Romcom for me would not cut it - but an updated’hangover’ type project with him and a bunch of guys would be fun. Feel he would be in his element there if you have freedom for the character and improvisation.
Tbm_hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 10:08 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He was going to dip his toe into the world of dark comedy awhile back and then it didn't work out, but I feel like that was a missed opportunity. People were shocked he was the comic relief in Only the Brave but he played it so effortlessly. And even as Riggins he often could be really off the cuff funny when he wasn't all broody.

But I do agree he's pigeon-holed himself into these military roles. And if that's what he likes, then so bit it but he's always talking about taking on things that are new and push him or scare him. There's a lot of repeats though...
worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 02:55 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4books (View Post)

Glen Powell is adorable and was also in the Top Gun sequel. He’s also starring in the Twister sequel which I’m excited to see.
He IS adorable. His dog, hot brisket, is super cute too. He gets major points being from Texas and going to UT.

I love the military roles for Taylor too, but its too much. It's almost like he's playing the same guy with a different name at times. I want to see more from him. He was sooooo good as Koresh.
Old 01-11-2024, 04:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
Glen Powell is obviously younger than Taylor, but the romcom he just did would have been a good fit for Taylor.
Agreed. I want to see that.
Old 01-11-2024, 11:02 PM
Passionate Fan

I like that he took a chance with Painkiller & Primeval but I would like for him to choose something out of his comfort zone after he films the TL prequel. He has so much depth as an actor but his role choices aren’t really showcasing that. I want to see funny, snarky Taylor shine in something that doesn’t involve dying .
Old 01-12-2024, 04:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I want to see funny, snarky Taylor shine in something that doesn’t involve dying .
I am absolutely in for that!!! Who do we bombard with requests for this?!!
Tbm_hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 04:28 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The endearing part of Taylor is that he doesn't really care about his popularity but more about the work, but in turn it also means he's only going to do what he wants to do without outside pressure.

I'm sure the way 2012 worked out for him made him more hesitant about taking certain projects.
Old 01-14-2024, 05:43 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
The endearing part of Taylor is that he doesn't really care about his popularity but more about the work, but in turn it also means he's only going to do what he wants to do without outside pressure.

I'm sure the way 2012 worked out for him made him more hesitant about taking certain projects.
Good point, I hate that for him though. He doesn’t care what we, the fans, want. I mean…we’re still watching what he does do, so, there's that.
Old 01-15-2024, 09:02 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It's not that he doesn't care about the support. I'm sure he's appreciative, but he fell into the trap before of being pushed to do some projects he maybe in hindsight shouldn't have and I think he got burned, bad, and it's understandable that he sticks to his comfort zone in a way. I see where he can say that each individual project can push him differently, and I get that because he immerses himself so deeply into these different characters.
Old 01-15-2024, 11:55 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I know, he’s all about telling a story. He just chooses very similar stories.
Old 01-15-2024, 09:00 PM
Passionate Fan

Maybe with the success of Painkiller and getting a nomination it will push him out of his comfort zone more. Primeval is very different for him too and I hope that it’s received well especially with Yellowstone on its way out. There’s a huge market for gritty westerns right now and with what little we’ve seen from behind the scenes, it sure looks like it hits that mark.
Old 01-16-2024, 11:22 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Maybe with the success of Painkiller and getting a nomination it will push him out of his comfort zone more. Primeval is very different for him too and I hope that it’s received well especially with Yellowstone on its way out. There’s a huge market for gritty westerns right now and with what little we’ve seen from behind the scenes, it sure looks like it hits that mark.
I am super excited about the western!