Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2011, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't understand why they broke up
ღfaithfully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:12 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreveralways21 (View Post)
I don't understand why they broke up
Me neither. Maybe there were just 'mis-communications', like Taylor tends to have in her relationships. I kinda think the media was getting to be too much for him so he wanted a little break and she took that as him breaking up with her. And I think he did go to Nashville to see if they could work it out, but she was still upset and hurt so she said no. But now she probably regrets that. That's just kinda the story I have in my head. haha

I think that they really cared about each other. And they both seemed pretty happy together right before the 'break-up'. And he seems pretty bummed lately. And Taylor looked pretty bummed when she brought up Valentine's Day in her vlog.

But that def. confirmed that they're broken up right now. Since she pretty much said she was alone for V-Day in that part of the video with Liz. (Side note: I think Liz and her bf broke up too. )

I hope they get back together. I think all his dating rumors are BS (Carey, Camilla, Jen, Mila) and I don't think Taylor likes Adam 'in that way' anymore so nothing's gonna happen there. So they're both still single. And apparently when Jake and Carey were at that show in Nashville, he was telling someone there how much he loved Nashville.
And they're both in LA right now. So... lol

Last edited by Kaili; 02-23-2011 at 08:24 AM
Kaili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well said As for the media, I don't know how much he would let that affect his relationship. He adn Reese were hounded like crazy. So unless the media went super crazy with him and Taylor, I honestly don't think that was a factor. But that's my opinion

I think another problem was the fact they aren't in the same city. Doesn't she spend most of her time in Nashville? And he's goign to be promoting a movie next month.

And the fact that he was 'reportedly flirting with everyone and their sister' was annoying me He was at the same events as all these people. He's a nice guy who talks to people. That doesn't mean he's flirting or dating or trying to get with these women. Sources are sooo annoying!
Old 02-23-2011, 08:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

Well, when I say the 'media', I just mean the pressure and people making a big deal over the age gap. (incl. some of his friends & family, probably) And him and Reese already knew each other and got to date in private for a little bit before people knew. Jake & Taylor were just starting to date & get to know each other, when they were on mag. covers with the caption "In Love". Maybe they (or he) felt they were moving too fast... Thanksgiving together was probably a mistake.

I don't think the different cities was a big deal. Because Taylor's hardly ever in Nashville. She's always touring. So instead of flying home for a few days between tour dates like she usually does, she could just fly to LA or wherever he was filming. She does have her own private jet. lol

And Jake could split his time between LA/Nash., like he does now with LA/NYC. Plus, like I said he did rave about how much he loved Nashville the last time he was there. haha I'm sure he likes the privacy and lack of paparazzi there. And the fact that it's a music town.

Yeah, he'll be busy with his movie and Taylor leaves for Europe in like a week or two and will be there until the end of March. But then she has 2 months off before she starts the US tour. So if something were to ever happen w/them again, it probably wouldn't be until after she finished the int'l part of her tour.

Plus, if they did get back together right now, when he's about to start promotion for SC, people would just say it was for publicity.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

So, apparently they talked at the Vanity Fair after-party last night. Someone else that tweeted about it said it was a 'very intense' conversation. I'm so happy they were talking! Even if they were fighting. lol

Quote:
Close by, country-pop star Taylor Swift, statuesque in a sparkling Zuhair Murad mini dress, kept close to friend and actress Emma Stone. Swift later stole away to meet up with Jake Gyllenhaal, who she has been linked to in the past. The two spoke in hushed tones by the women's restroom. Swift left the party alone.
LINK

Can't wait to see what the gossip sites decide to do with this...

Eta: Here's another article that mentioned it:

Quote:
Taylor Swift and Jake Gyllenhaal, recently broken up, huddle in a nook by the bathrooms, under the forlorn gaze of a portrait of Greta Garbo. Gyllenhaal is using words like "care" and "feel." It is not a good spot to linger.
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/art...r_oscar_p.html

Last edited by Kaili; 02-28-2011 at 08:54 AM
Old 02-28-2011, 02:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

I heard Joe and Camilla were at the same party as well. Can you imagine the awkwardness? That's a song begging to be written.
*Noelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:08 PM
Loyal Fan

new songs are always a good thing. What's even more ironic is Reese Witherspoon was there as well.

Quote:
Gyllenhaal is using words like "care" and "feel." It is not a good spot to linger.
I wonder what they were talking about...
And Heaven accept you.
lizardlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

I imagine these hollywood parties are awkward for a lot of celebs because there is so much inner-dating in the industry.
*Noelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

what's up with these two? anything new?
ღfaithfully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

Taylor's profile in the New Yorker just came out. And she said (back in June) that she had written 10 songs for the next album. And they were mostly sad.
She said the last one she had written (at that point) was about moving on.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Elite Fan

Sounds there there will surely be 1 or 2 about Jake.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

At least. She hasn't had any other relationship in the year since Speak Now came out. And it seems like there was a lot of drama and song-worthy happenings in their short relationship.
Honestly, I'll be disappointed if there's only 1 or 2 songs. Because it seemed like a LOT happened in those few months. That would take more than a couple songs to cover.

I'm sure she'll have had or will be in another relationship by the time she wraps up writing for album #4 next year, though.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:29 PM
Master Fan

and i'm sure there's some people we don't know about. there always is.
Stay Beautiful
rachelmarie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelmarie77 (View Post)
and i'm sure there's some people we don't know about. there always is.
Well, I mean, of course she's gone on dates. We know she did with Garrett. And I'm sure she's had other flirtations. But it seems like she's been too busy with the tour to start another relationship. And I think we pretty much know whenever she's in one and it doesn't seem that she's been in one since Jake. (can't believe that was almost a year ago they dated!)

Plus, most of her arm lyrics on the tour have been about being single/lonely/getting over a break-up. Not so happy. I hope she has a great song on the record about being lonely or just a super personal song, not having to do with any one guy or relationship. Just herself. Like that line from a Ryan Adams song she used once, "I got a really good heart, I just can't catch a break."
Old 10-08-2011, 07:58 AM
Master Fan

I'd love to see a personal song! I definitely know what you mean.

But it could be like "Enchanted", you know? Like, who knew about Adam? Not me! That's what I mean by there's some things we don't know. But I definitely agree with what you're saying about her busy schedule.
Stay Beautiful
rachelmarie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread