Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-25-2010, 02:29 AM
Obsessed Fan

Oh I agree, cliches can be written well, but that's definitely not the case with Amy and Ricky. Too often cliches fall into their typical cliched pattern and that's exactly what's happened when they write Amy and Ricky. I will agree that I could handle a friendship between them. They have somewhat of a friendship now, which I guess is a good time for it, since it's very unhealthy for John to have constantly fighting parents. I don't mind a friendship, because at least with the mediation, it's helped work up to it and force them to finally start working together. But a friendship is not a romance. They barely have a friendship. And at this point, I cannot see a romance. They're just too drastically different, they're at two different points in their lives, and they don't compliment each other as a couple. (And even though she's getting better, Amy still does have that "I'm an adult" thing going on, even though she's still not an adult. I will say I was proud of her last episode though, for realizing she's got a responsibility at home, instead of trying to immediately pawn John off as she's done every other time since he was born.)

It's a very different picture with Adrian though. She and Ricky often can act like children, but in the grand scheme of things, they are much more mature than Amy and Ben and it's not just because they're a year older. Ricky's had to grow up and become an adult even before he was a father, because of Bob's abuse and being bumped from foster to foster, before finally settling with Margaret and Shakur. And even then, he's said how he's taken care of the younger children, essentially acting as a parental figure.

And with Adrian, she's had to raise herself because her mom is a flight attendant and often not home and her dad wasn't around for sixteen years, so she had to grow up fast in order to take care of herself, just like Ricky. They haven't had the luxury of being babied and sheltered their whole lives and really does give them another reason why they are on the same page and why they work on a level that other couples on the show do not.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think I'll go see if ABCFamily has the old eps up again, I feel like watching some good old Radrian. XD Which ep was that scene of him being like "I did call" at Adrian's door?
Third episode, season one.

Quote:
Yeah, that's one thing I like about Ben. As a character on his own, I don't really care for her, but when he's with Amy or even Adrian lately he just becomes more likeable. And I'm really happy Radrian does work perfectly together on every level, I wouldn't be such a big Radrian shipper if they didn't. XD It's sad that one of their shared problems, cheating, tore them apart though. :/ I'm glad they're both done with that though, or atleast Adrian is. I'm not sure about Ricky yet though.
Yeah, I've gotta agree with you there. I don't know if you're refering to Adrian or Amy saying you don't really care for her, but I agree if it's Amy you're talking about. I don't care for her but when she's with Ben I absolutely love her again, just like I loved season 1 Amy.

Ooh, I hope Adrian's done with cheating, and Ricky too. I think Adrian learned her lesson.

Quote:
Ricky and Amy are way too many cliches compiled into one:
- Good Girl/Bad Boy
- Bad Boy takes Advantage of Good Girl
- Teen Parents
- Bad Boy Turns Good for Good Girl
I'm gonna have to agree there! Some cliches are written fantastically, like Finn/Rachel to me in Glee. I think they're sort of a cliche. Popular jock gets with nobody, start connecting through Glee. I just don't think Ricky/Amy are written well at all, and I think that's for a purpose. I don't think the show wants them together in the long run. BH must have a sort of plan. I'm hoping that's the case at least. I think Ben/Amy definitely have a little more potential then Radrian ATM because of the recent SL's and plots.

But, I'm hoping Radrian gets more scenes together.

Spoiler:
Old 06-25-2010, 08:24 AM
Extreme Fan

i totally agree.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:14 AM
Extreme Fan

Hey, girls.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:24 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darensgirll (View Post)
Yeah, I've gotta agree with you there. I don't know if you're refering to Adrian or Amy saying you don't really care for her, but I agree if it's Amy you're talking about. I don't care for her but when she's with Ben I absolutely love her again, just like I loved season 1 Amy.
I was talking about Amy. XD; Sorry that was confusing, it was like 3 AM where I live so I was tired! Adrian by herself OR with someone is always rockin' it, she's my favorite character. 8D Thanks for letting me know the ep by the way, now I just need to find somewhere to watch it. D: ABCFam doesn't have the old eps up anymore!

Quote:
I'm gonna have to agree there! Some cliches are written fantastically, like Finn/Rachel to me in Glee. I think they're sort of a cliche. Popular jock gets with nobody, start connecting through Glee. I just don't think Ricky/Amy are written well at all, and I think that's for a purpose. I don't think the show wants them together in the long run. BH must have a sort of plan. I'm hoping that's the case at least. I think Ben/Amy definitely have a little more potential then Radrian ATM because of the recent SL's and plots.
Yeah, Glee is just a very well written cliche show. XD I love it. <3 I really hope that BH goes with Ramy not working out, if it happens at all. Sadly with how this show works, Ben&Amy working out gives me hope for Radrian even though it really shouldn't be a 'if one happens the other will too' kind of thing'. I do think that if Radrian works out a friendship during this pregnancy there'll be a big chance of them getting together again in the future.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 06-25-2010, 11:44 AM
Master Fan

Hai Caroline

And ITA, Ramy is just bleh

Art I made outta boredom.

Last edited by darensgirll; 06-25-2010 at 01:49 PM
Old 06-25-2010, 02:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saffy (View Post)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 06-25-2010, 03:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Pinky (View Post)
Spoiler:
In Race's time I disliked them but could stand it because Radrian was still sort of there, but when I rewatched the eps I decided I sort of liked them.. I would like them even more if Ricky wasn't fake to her, but it brings up another problem that Ramy has too. I don't think Grace could handle him at his worst either... I think she would handle it better than Amy though. Plus, it'd be some time before Ricky could get completely real with her.

Spoiler:
Old 06-25-2010, 03:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
In Race's time I disliked them but could stand it because Radrian was still sort of there, but when I rewatched the eps I decided I sort of liked them.. I would like them even more if Ricky wasn't fake to her, but it brings up another problem that Ramy has too. I don't think Grace could handle him at his worst either... I think she would handle it better than Amy though. Plus, it'd be some time before Ricky could get completely real with her.
Good point. I do think Grace would handle it better than Amy as well, but she definitely would not be able to handle him at his worst, which Adrian can. And while Ricky can be a really good friend to her (the scene in the car at the funeral is proof of that), he's just not the type of guy she needs in a mate.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

And I know what you're saying. A lot of people have said that Adrian (and Ben) deserve to be pregnant as a punishment for what they did, so they know what Amy and Ricky went through. But I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum: I think Amy and Ricky deserve to have the shoe on the other foot and be jealous of Adrian and Ben having a baby, because it's true, they never did give much consideration to how hard it was for Ben and Adrian to be in love with them and yet constantly having to deal with the fact that the people they were in love with had a baby together. I'm definitely looking forward to Jealous!Amy and Jealous!Ricky. It's about time they understand Adrian's and Ben's side of things.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:23 PM
Addicted Fan

Well, I've decided that I ship Radrian, officially. Can I be added?

|| NH ♥ PR ♥ LP ♥ RAd ||
Old 06-25-2010, 04:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

Welcome, salvatorelover!

I can't add you, but I'm sure Caroline will when she gets the chance.

Out of curiosity, what made you decide to jump on board Good Ship Radrian?
Old 06-25-2010, 04:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
And while Ricky can be a really good friend to her (the scene in the car at the funeral is proof of that), he's just not the type of guy she needs in a mate.
I would love if it they kept the Brace friendship in the show without trying to pair them together. But knowing this show... lol. I feel like everytime two people are friends they fall in love or jump in bed together. The only exception that comes to mind is Grace&Jack for now, but they did date at one point and they're probably going to get together again (even though I'd REALLY rather they didn't). Oh, and Ashley and... Griffin? I get confused with Griffin and Grant alot, but the gay one is who I'm talking about. XD

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
A lot of people have said that Adrian (and Ben) deserve to be pregnant as a punishment for what they did, so they know what Amy and Ricky went through. But I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum: I think Amy and Ricky deserve to have the shoe on the other foot and be jealous of Adrian and Ben having a baby, because it's true, they never did give much consideration to how hard it was for Ben and Adrian to be in love with them and yet constantly having to deal with the fact that the people they were in love with had a baby together.
Spoiler:

And... WELCOME SALVATORELOVER! 8D It's nice to see new shippers. ^^
Old 06-25-2010, 04:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvatorelover (View Post)
Adding you, Sydney!
Old 06-25-2010, 04:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvatorelover (View Post)
Welcome Sydney!

Visit The Originals / The Following / Icon by: Emma

Old 06-25-2010, 04:31 PM
Extreme Fan

kinda late but welcome!

nice new art