Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-24-2010, 09:28 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darensgirll (View Post)
^ YUP! Amy/Ben do bring out the best in each other. And even though people might say RAd don't, I think deep down they do. They're not afraid to be themselves around one another. Adrian's always been one to speak her mind, but she's still her around him, and he's himself, too. He never spills his problems out to anyone else. He had a hard day with Amy and John? He goes over to her house and shows his true emotions. He doesn't have to put on a fake act or try his hardest to be nice because his son's custody may be at stake.

In Cramped, I loved how he went to Adrian's place and was rough and violent and all kinds of angry. It shows how much he can be expressive around her. Yes, he might've been scary/scared her a bit, but he couldn't express his anger like that around Amy, couldn't be HIMSELF because it would a) scare her b) make her resent him so much that she couldn't let him be around his son.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saffy (View Post)
I AGREEEEE~ He never had any problems showing his true emotions to her. They might not always bring out the best of eachother, but they do bring out their feelings around eachother, even now. When Ricky asked her if she was pregnant was the most recent proof, he made it sound like he didn't care to everyone else, but to her he was about to cry. I'm so hopeful for them to get back together, now that they learned from their past mistakes I know that if they were together again it would generally be smooth sailing Dx
You both bring up such excellent points. Being yourself in a relationship, whether it's good or bad (we all have both), is an absolute MUST if that relationship is going to work. Ricky and Adrian have this. I love that Ricky can show his true feelings around Adrian and I love that she can handle them. That's something Amy would never be able to handle. Sure, it shocked Adrian at first and even scared her, but that was to be expected. It was the first time he'd ever really opened up with her like that and all things considered, she handled him pretty well.

And Saffy, that's a great point about the "Are you pregnant?" scene. I'd never thought of that, but it's true: he did act all macho, "I don't care," but he showed his vulnerability at her house. And so did she. If you look closely, you can see her faintly nodding, even though she never verbally admitted to the pregnancy. He was the only one she ever willingly admitted the pregnancy to besides Ben, who is the father and had a right to know and be there when she took the test. And Ashley, who was there when Adrian realized she might be pregnant. But Adrian had been denying and denying and denying that she was pregnant. It says a lot that Ricky was the first and only person she admitted it to.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:30 PM
Extreme Fan

hey! cant wait for monday!
Old 06-24-2010, 09:54 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darensgirll (View Post)
Hey Caroline!
Hey Nessa
Old 06-24-2010, 09:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

Hey Hannah and Caroline! Sorry, I missed your guys' posts, otherwise I would've said hi before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franciaraisafan (View Post)
they should have danced at leo's and bettys wedding
Oh man, that would've been the best. I really wanted a Ricky/Adrian and Ben/Amy dance at the wedding. If Adrian hadn't choosen that day to break the baby bomb on Ben, I bet we would've gotten those dances.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:04 PM
Extreme Fan

Hey Camille.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:05 PM
Extreme Fan

haha omg yes yes yes
Old 06-24-2010, 10:47 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Pinky (View Post)
You both bring up such excellent points. Being yourself in a relationship, whether it's good or bad (we all have both), is an absolute MUST if that relationship is going to work. Ricky and Adrian have this. I love that Ricky can show his true feelings around Adrian and I love that she can handle them. That's something Amy would never be able to handle. Sure, it shocked Adrian at first and even scared her, but that was to be expected. It was the first time he'd ever really opened up with her like that and all things considered, she handled him pretty well.

And Saffy, that's a great point about the "Are you pregnant?" scene. I'd never thought of that, but it's true: he did act all macho, "I don't care," but he showed his vulnerability at her house. And so did she. If you look closely, you can see her faintly nodding, even though she never verbally admitted to the pregnancy. He was the only one she ever willingly admitted the pregnancy to besides Ben, who is the father and had a right to know and be there when she took the test. And Ashley, who was there when Adrian realized she might be pregnant. But Adrian had been denying and denying and denying that she was pregnant. It says a lot that Ricky was the first and only person she admitted it to.
Thanks ^^ I really have to agree with you about Amy not being able to handle him if Ricky got scary like that again though. I mean, I'm trying to picture him letting loose on her like that, I think she would've either started crying or had been too scared to calm him down and handle him like that. I just can't see Ramy lasting long if it ever does happen because of their personalities... Adrian just suits him so much better in every aspect in my opinion. XD I think it'd be horrible if after all of the Radrian development of Adrian always being the one there for him through the hard times, to get with Amy. That has to be one of my biggest fears when it comes to this show D:

I think I'll go see if ABCFamily has the old eps up again, I feel like watching some good old Radrian. XD Which ep was that scene of him being like "I did call" at Adrian's door?
Old 06-24-2010, 10:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I just can't see Ramy lasting long if it ever does happen because of their personalities... Adrian just suits him so much better in every aspect in my opinion. XD I think it'd be horrible if after all of the Radrian development of Adrian always being the one there for him through the hard times, to get with Amy. That has to be one of my biggest fears when it comes to this show D:
I agree. It would be such a waste if after all they've gained, they decided to go the cliche route and make Ramy (and probably Bendrian if Ramy was endgame) end up together. It would just seem like they're defaulting to, "They have babies together, so they're beating the odds and end up happily ever after." Which pays no attention to the fact that their personalities don't mesh at all. (Bendrian, IMO, might be able to make it work personality wise, but still, I don't want them as Endgame.) Ramy doesn't work no matter what setting you have them in though. Ricky isn't fit to handle Amy's mood swings. She's easily upsettable and apt to start crying. That's where Ben comes in and is perfect for soothing her. Ricky wouldn't be able to do it. And Amy can't handle Ricky's hardcore emotions. Adrian can. And Ricky's able to deal with Adrian's equally powerful emotions. She's not much of a crier, but even when she does cry, he can comfort her in a way that he wouldn't be able to comfort Amy. It all comes down to the fact that Ricky and Adrian are each other's equals. They're on the same level. Amy is not.

Quote:
I think I'll go see if ABCFamily has the old eps up again, I feel like watching some good old Radrian. XD Which ep was that scene of him being like "I did call" at Adrian's door?
Ooh, I remember the scene, but I can't remember which episode. You might ask Nessa, she's very good with remembering which scenes happened in which episodes. I just need to hunker down and get the boxset, that's how I'll start remembering, when I obsessively get to rewatch the episodes.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:10 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I agree. It would be such a waste if after all they've gained, they decided to go the cliche route and make Ramy (and probably Bendrian if Ramy was endgame) end up together. It would just seem like they're defaulting to, "They have babies together, so they're beating the odds and end up happily ever after." Which pays no attention to the fact that their personalities don't mesh at all. (Bendrian, IMO, might be able to make it work personality wise, but still, I don't want them as Endgame.) Ramy doesn't work no matter what setting you have them in though. Ricky isn't fit to handle Amy's mood swings. She's easily upsettable and apt to start crying. That's where Ben comes in and is perfect for soothing her. Ricky wouldn't be able to do it. And Amy can't handle Ricky's hardcore emotions. Adrian can. And Ricky's able to deal with Adrian's equally powerful emotions. She's not much of a crier, but even when she does cry, he can comfort her in a way that he wouldn't be able to comfort Amy. It all comes down to the fact that Ricky and Adrian are each other's equals. They're on the same level. Amy is not.

Ooh, I remember the scene, but I can't remember which episode. You might ask Nessa, she's very good with remembering which scenes happened in which episodes. I just need to hunker down and get the boxset, that's how I'll start remembering, when I obsessively get to rewatch the episodes.
Darn, whenever she pops in again I'll ask her. And ITA! I don't like the whole "Because they have babies with eachother, they'll get together" scenario... thing. Just because two people have a baby together doesn't mean they belong together... at all. I think Bendrian would have the potential to last because Ben is, like you said, a soothing person when people get upset and I think he would be able to handle Adrian when she's freaking out, but I still don't want it to be endgame either. Maybe a small fling but that's it.

One of the Ramy scenes already, where Ricky was saying he wanted John on weekends already proved they can't handle eachother at their worst. XD When Amy started crying he didn't really have a clue on how to make her stop, and Amy couldn't even handle Ricky not budging on a disagreement (Ricky wanting their son on weekends). Gahhh I think I'll go pick a random oldschool ep to watch and hope for some good Radrian scenes to be in it 8D
Old 06-24-2010, 11:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I think Bendrian would have the potential to last because Ben is, like you said, a soothing person when people get upset and I think he would be able to handle Adrian when she's freaking out, but I still don't want it to be endgame either. Maybe a small fling but that's it.
Me too. I've always said that if I ever have to suffer through a stint of Ramy "romance," I'd only be able to get through it if Bendrian also had a brief romance. I think this is what might happen, because I think the Bendrian baby will push Ricky and Amy's insecurities and jealousies together temporarily. (I just hope they make an emerging Radrian friendship during the pregnancy, which will put an end to Ramy once Ricky realizes the only reason he's with Amy is because of his heartbreak/jealousy over Adrian and Ben.) And you're right, Ben could handle Adrian. He's just got a really good personality for handling people emotionally. But I still wouldn't want them to end up together permanently. Because Adrian and Ricky just work on every level. There aren't a lot of couples out there you can say that about.

Quote:
One of the Ramy scenes already, where Ricky was saying he wanted John on weekends already proved they can't handle eachother at their worst. XD When Amy started crying he didn't really have a clue on how to make her stop, and Amy couldn't even handle Ricky not budging on a disagreement (Ricky wanting their son on weekends).
Perfect example! Ricky was being very reasonable. Amy has John all the time. And Ricky's a great dad, unlike a majority of teen fathers. But Amy defaulted to anger and tears over one simple disagreement and Ricky was clueless. He's always tip toeing around on eggshells with her over John. (The only reason they've gotten a little better as of late is because Amy's had to adjust because of the mediation and Ricky feels he can be a little more himself because she can't as easily steal John from him anymore. But he's still very fake around her to keep things civil.) She would never be able to handle Ricky if he really got emotional and let the floodgates loose. She'd probably revert to a mix of tears, shaking, stuttering, possibly yelling, and I could see her so upset that she'd try to use Ricky's temper as a way of taking away Ricky's visitation/rights by claiming he has anger managment issues.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
And you're right, Ben could handle Adrian. He's just got a really good personality for handling people emotionally. But I still wouldn't want them to end up together permanently. Because Adrian and Ricky just work on every level. There aren't a lot of couples out there you can say that about.
Yeah, that's one thing I like about Ben. As a character on his own, I don't really care for her, but when he's with Amy or even Adrian lately he just becomes more likeable. And I'm really happy Radrian does work perfectly together on every level, I wouldn't be such a big Radrian shipper if they didn't. XD It's sad that one of their shared problems, cheating, tore them apart though. :/ I'm glad they're both done with that though, or atleast Adrian is. I'm not sure about Ricky yet though.

Quote:
Perfect example! Ricky was being very reasonable. Amy has John all the time. And Ricky's a great dad, unlike a majority of teen fathers. But Amy defaulted to anger and tears over one simple disagreement and Ricky was clueless. He's always tip toeing around on eggshells with her over John. (The only reason they've gotten a little better as of late is because Amy's had to adjust because of the mediation and Ricky feels he can be a little more himself because she can't as easily steal John from him anymore. But he's still very fake around her to keep things civil.) She would never be able to handle Ricky if he really got emotional and let the floodgates loose. She'd probably revert to a mix of tears, shaking, stuttering, possibly yelling, and I could see her so upset that she'd try to use Ricky's temper as a way of taking away Ricky's visitation/rights by claiming he has anger managment issues.
Yeah, that's one of the reasons that Amy normally bugs the crap outta me. D: Ricky's always being nice to her and a great father, but Amy just wants what she wants even if it is unreasonable. She admitted she was being unreasonable later on, but that was still after Ricky basically had to use force to see his son on weekends... which is kind of lame in my opinion. I sort of want to see Ricky let loose on Amy one day, just to see how the writers would make it go. Plus, with any luck it would make Ricky realize that only Adrian can handle him entirely. >>;; God I miss Radrian. D:
Old 06-24-2010, 11:56 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I sort of want to see Ricky let loose on Amy one day, just to see how the writers would make it go. Plus, with any luck it would make Ricky realize that only Adrian can handle him entirely. >>;; God I miss Radrian. D:
That would be brilliant! I'd love for her to get the full force of Ricky. She already knows he's not for her, but a lot of people don't get that. Maybe if they saw the real Ricky with the real Amy and how badly the situation would be, they'd realize it too. And it would be very effective in showing both Ricky and Amy (once again) how unhealthy and just downright bad they are for each other.

But the best part would be if it finally made Ricky realize how perfect Adrian is for him. I mean, in many ways, he already knows this. But seeing himself blow up with Adrian and Amy and then being able to compare the two and seeing for himself how Adrian deals with him and helps him when Amy can't would be such a great scene. Daren would rock it and the self realization would be killer!
Old 06-25-2010, 12:16 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
That would be brilliant! I'd love for her to get the full force of Ricky. She already knows he's not for her, but a lot of people don't get that. Maybe if they saw the real Ricky with the real Amy and how badly the situation would be, they'd realize it too. And it would be very effective in showing both Ricky and Amy (once again) how unhealthy and just downright bad they are for each other.

But the best part would be if it finally made Ricky realize how perfect Adrian is for him. I mean, in many ways, he already knows this. But seeing himself blow up with Adrian and Amy and then being able to compare the two and seeing for himself how Adrian deals with him and helps him when Amy can't would be such a great scene. Daren would rock it and the self realization would be killer!
It definitely would be awesome! Daren is actually a really good actor, and so is Francia. Which might be another reason they're perfect for eachother. XD

And I would be so happy if some would finally realize that Ricky and Amy just don't go together. I mean, maybe the normal innocent girl and bad boy pulls some people in, but I can't see this relationship working with their personalities. If Amy had Adrian's strength then maybe, but she doesn't. So far she either gets unpleasant or starts crying when things get bad, whereas Adrian is a strong girl who has proven she can handle bad situations or even people when they get to their worst.

Off topic, but there is this dominos ad on my page right now that's staring me in the face. It's making me sooo hungry. XD
Old 06-25-2010, 12:31 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
And I would be so happy if some would finally realize that Ricky and Amy just don't go together. I mean, maybe the normal innocent girl and bad boy pulls some people in, but I can't see this relationship working with their personalities. If Amy had Adrian's strength then maybe, but she doesn't. So far she either gets unpleasant or starts crying when things get bad, whereas Adrian is a strong girl who has proven she can handle bad situations or even people when they get to their worst.

Off topic, but there is this dominos ad on my page right now that's staring me in the face. It's making me sooo hungry. XD
You're right. If Amy had Adrian's strength (which is something I adore about Adrian, it's good to see strong female characters), she and Ricky might be able to pull it off. But she doesn't. And I can't see her ever getting it. She's gotten stronger since she had John, but she's also gotten snippier and nastier, which isn't a good look on her and that only adds to her weakness.

Ricky and Amy are way too many cliches compiled into one:
- Good Girl/Bad Boy
- Bad Boy takes Advantage of Good Girl
- Teen Parents
- Bad Boy Turns Good for Good Girl

It just makes them so boring. But Bad Girl/Bad Boy is something you don't see that often. And they usually aren't the couple that ends up together either. It gives Ricky and Adrian an extra element of spice and appeal.

Cliches are called such for a reason: they overused/over done/old. Stepping outside of the box is a very good thing.

OT: lol I usually only get Netflix ads. I had one up just before I switched pages, actually.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:42 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
You're right. If Amy had Adrian's strength (which is something I adore about Adrian, it's good to see strong female characters), she and Ricky might be able to pull it off. But she doesn't. And I can't see her ever getting it. She's gotten stronger since she had John, but she's also gotten snippier and nastier, which isn't a good look on her and that only adds to her weakness.

Ricky and Amy are way too many cliches compiled into one:
- Good Girl/Bad Boy
- Bad Boy takes Advantage of Good Girl
- Teen Parents
- Bad Boy Turns Good for Good Girl

It just makes them so boring. But Bad Girl/Bad Boy is something you don't see that often. And they usually aren't the couple that ends up together either. It gives Ricky and Adrian an extra element of spice and appeal.

Cliches are called such for a reason: they overused/over done/old. Stepping outside of the box is a very good thing.

OT: lol I usually only get Netflix ads. I had one up just before I switched pages, actually.
I love Adrian's strength too, it makes her such a special character. Strong females aren't as common lately and it's nice to see one. If Amy managed to get Adrian's strength she would be a much more enjoyable character, but I don't think she ever will get it either. She's getting the strength of a mother, but she's also getting the holier-than-thou attitude because she had a baby. You know, 'Because I had a baby I'm much more mature than other teens now blahblah' nonsense.

Sometimes I can like cliches, but only if they're well done and believable. I don't think Ramy is done well or believable so far. They've had so little romantic development. They had a baby, Amy hated him for awhile, and now they're friendly because things are finally starting to work out nicely for their lives. I enjoy their friendship because that was developed, but I wouldn't be able to find a Ramy romance believable if it lasted. It's so... blaaaaaaah. I couldn't see Ricky wanting to put up with her attitude when she gets snappy, and I don't think he could last long with no sex before he went and cheated on her if he couldn't get her to give in. And if he did make her give in, that'd just be an unhealthy relationship because it's already established that Amy doesn't want to have sex again.