Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-22-2012, 06:27 AM
Elite Fan

Awesome post, Mitra. I agree with everything.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:04 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ღMitra (View Post)
Whoa, TFTNT!

As for the pregnancy, I want to see Ramy pregnant again for sure.

I think Amy wants to be married, as others have stated, I think she's just scared because of her parents past, and maybe everyone else around her. In the last episode, in the last Ramy scene, Amy says, "but if we don't get married" - meaning from her, that if they don't get married, then there's no chance that they'll get divorced. She's just scared, it all stems from insecurity.

I love Amy, I do, but her behavior in this ep annoyed me a lot lol, and I guess her behavior in this whole last half as well. I have to understand I guess that she's this teenage girl, with a lot of responsibilities. I also have to remember that Ricky pissed me off last half too, along with a lot of other last halfs LOL, so him being awesome right now doesn't excuse any past behavior either, and doesn't really make him superior to Amy as well. It's not as if Ricky has been awesome awesome all the time, either. I just hope people aren't forgetting about that lol. But at times like this, I guess it's hard not to forget, when someone is acting one way, in contrast to someone who's acting a different way. It invokes, and initiates, an instant reaction that a viewer would watch, like me, that goes a bit like "THAT BTCH"

So, what I think what they're trying to show here, is basically show the two sides of a story, from each person, in a relationship, who's trying to get what they want, and what the other person wants, into full circle, but there being obstacles in the way. In Ramy's case, they always want what the other wants. They want each other, they want to be a family with John. It's as simple as that. But the catch with Ramy, is that they have this insecurity that hasn't been fully dissolved yet. Amy's insistence on not wanting to get married so fast, is having Ricky getting insecure, and Ricky's insistence on getting married is having Amy feel insecure. There are other insecurities that have been pointed out, as well as in this ep, like feeling like the other doesn't want the other, as much as they do, feeling like their feelings aren't mutual. It kind of goes along with what Ricky said in this ep "you don't have any time for me", or something like that. Which is understandable, along with what it went along with. So it's not completely out there with their emotions, it's pretty on point I would say. So it's understandable, even if it is annoying lol. We all know that it's going to work out with them, though. It's going to come full circle, with them both putting their petty insecurities aside. I just hope that after this season, the insecurities of Ricky/Amy will be over, and by that, their relationship will be even more stronger, and consistent with that fact, than ever before. The most awesome thing about Ramy is that they're always developing, and that's what makes them exciting, and that's what makes them the most popular couple on SL, and one of the most popular couples on a teen show today. It's totally deserved, now writers, don't screw it up LOL. I'm just kidding, they know what they're doing, we're just going to have to stick it out with the angst guys. In the end, it'll all be worth it.

AGREED
I do not want anything with another pregnancy ramy ... But beautiful words MItra, completely agree with everything else!
Old 05-22-2012, 11:09 AM
Master Fan

Hi guys! I enjoyed the episode. Lot's of funny moments! I did have an idea about Amy. You know the way she told RIcky about having spent an hour talking to Ben was a signal. Even though she said and I believe that she was stressed over telling him for fear he would be upset, she also WANTED him to be upset. She is insecure, and she wants to be sure he really loves her for herself, and wants her, not just so they can be a family for John. She was very jealous over the old year old woman, and suspicious, even more so after the underwear and the fact that RIcky didn't care that she spent an hour talking to Ben. She already said she is afraid of getting married cause then they could get divorced, but I think she is also afraid that if they get married, Ricky might cheat on her. (Just like her dad did to her mom)

And I also think the fourth of July might have a significance. Her dad might be right about it being a deadline, but not for what he thinks. Amy knows RIcky is going to start college, and will be away from her, with Adrian and all kinds of other women. If they make it through the next year, and she can get into the same college, and he hasn't taken up with other women, then maybe she will be free of that jealousy she has lived with all these years. Just an idea.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:19 AM
Loyal Fan

Preach Mitra Preach, Preach, Preach.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:24 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by webinterlude (View Post)
Hi guys! I enjoyed the episode. Lot's of funny moments! I did have an idea about Amy. You know the way she told RIcky about having spent an hour talking to Ben was a signal. Even though she said and I believe that she was stressed over telling him for fear he would be upset, she also WANTED him to be upset. She is insecure, and she wants to be sure he really loves her for herself, and wants her, not just so they can be a family for John. She was very jealous over the old year old woman, and suspicious, even more so after the underwear and the fact that RIcky didn't care that she spent an hour talking to Ben. She already said she is afraid of getting married cause then they could get divorced, but I think she is also afraid that if they get married, Ricky might cheat on her. (Just like her dad did to her mom)

And I also think the fourth of July might have a significance. Her dad might be right about it being a deadline, but not for what he thinks. Amy knows RIcky is going to start college, and will be away from her, with Adrian and all kinds of other women. If they make it through the next year, and she can get into the same college, and he hasn't taken up with other women, then maybe she will be free of that jealousy she has lived with all these years. Just an idea.
Could be. I understand what you are saying and it makes sense.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:53 AM
Master Fan

Real life stories - happens sometimes that people are very happy living together for many years, finally decide to get married, and it ruins everything. They split up. In most marriages, the first couple of years are blissful, the honeymoon stage. Then complacency and taking each other for granted, then boredom and drifting apart. That's just the norm. I don't see a problem having these TV characters aware of things we know about in RL. Especially if it adds to the drama! Melodrama?

We are going to get RAmy fluff soon! Never fear!

Old 05-22-2012, 11:55 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by webinterlude (View Post)

ICA with everything Web.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Real life stories - happens sometimes that people are very happy living together for many years, finally decide to get married, and it ruins everything.
It's all gonna fall apart for Brad and Angelina...lol
Old 05-22-2012, 01:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea (View Post)
It's all gonna fall apart for Brad and Angelina...lol
Old 05-22-2012, 03:45 PM
Passionate Fan

I don't know what to think. I know some of you want to justify Amy's behavior and I respect that but, honestly, I don't think I can take Amy's bitchiness for much longer. The character has become the most annoying lead I've ever seen in my life.

Spoiler:

Way to go, SL writers... way to go.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:50 PM
Obsessed Fan

Have you all heard the news that last night's episode didn't even make the list of top 100 cable finals? I believe that's a first for this show. If that doesn't show the people in charge of this show that they have done this half totally wrong, I don't know what will. It looks like the fans are really making their voices heard, so to speak.

The hints of Bamy the last 2 weeks, and Amy's rotten attitude towards her own fiance are killing this show! I can't believe the amount of damage ratings-wise that's been done to the show this half. WAKE UP, PEOPLE IN CHARGE AND TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE DONE/ARE DOING TO YOUR OWN SHOW!

Last edited by GRITS83; 05-22-2012 at 04:01 PM
Old 05-22-2012, 03:58 PM
Elite Fan

That's just weird.. I don't know. They said it was from the 25-54 demographic but I don't know.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea (View Post)
That's just weird.. I don't know. They said it was from the 25-54 demographic but I don't know.
It is, but it's like that every week.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:04 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRITS83 (View Post)
Have you all heard the news that last night's episode didn't even make the list of top 100 cable finals? I believe that's a first for this show. If that doesn't show the people in charge of this show that they have done this half totally wrong, I don't know what will. It looks like the fans are really making their voices heard, so to speak.

The hints of Bamy the last 2 weeks, and Amy's rotten attitude towards her own fiance are killing this show! I can't believe the amount of damage ratings-wise that's been done to the show this half. WAKE UP, PEOPLE IN CHARGE AND TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE DONE/ARE DOING TO YOUR OWN SHOW!
Exactly. Seriously, my sister made me mute Amy's scenes because she says the character is irritating. Funny thing is... she doesn't even watch SL! So, there's something really wrong with the way they've written Amy this half.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRITS83 (View Post)
It is, but it's like that every week.
I can't even..OMG haha maybe this will wake up BH and co.