Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-06-2013, 05:58 PM
Addicted Fan

I was disappointed over how the show ended. However, within the last couple of years, I slowly lost interest in the show..I do think it was completely selfish for Amy to just leave John like that. I actually expected BH to put Ricky and Amy together and she didn't. That was a surprise. So, I guess that is that.. Can't do anything about it now...I never got any of the couples I wanted, they butchered them. So I guess this is it for me...I guess I'll check out the couples threads to talk about the couples I did like on here..So, take care all and it was a pleasure posting with you. Wish the show could of ended better.. Farewell.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbled Pretty (View Post)
I saw that this board will be closing very soon so I thought I should put in my 2 cents about the finale and the show in general.

I'll admit when season 5 was airing, I didn't make too much of an effort to catch every new episode because honestly it was a waste of my time. I think I really started to not care about the show around the time when Ricky and Amy lied about getting married. I felt it was so stupid and a waste of a storyline. As for most of you, I watched simply for Ramy because I felt Shailene and Darren portrayed them so well and even through the horrible writing they were able to shine through it and keep me watching. My biggest complaint about Amy and Ricky was when BH decided to make it sound like they were only together because they had a child and it was proven time and time again that that's simply not true! I'm not an angry Ramy fan that didn't get to see her happy ending, but I am angry at how they were portrayed not just in the finale but the episodes before it that made it seem like they were "stuck" together. If you don't want to put Ramy together in the end that's just fine, but why give us the most realistic and mature relationship that's ever existed on this show and then insult us by trying to play it off like it wasn't a real connection to begin with?
If you are a writer and don't want a certain couple to be endgame, don't make all the other relationships dysfunctional beyond belief

The finale was awful, don't get me wrong the emotional scene between Ricky and Amy were very well acted but they really managed to make Amy look like a bitch by having her act like she wanted to be married but didn't and decided to tell him THE DAY before the wedding And then on top of that have Ricky admit that he wasn't "in love" with her either. That finale just confirms that BH thinks her audience is really stupid. Anyway, yeah not the happiest post but I knew it would be like this, I'm just glad that it's over and I will never watch any of Brenda's shows again. NOT because Ramy aren't endgame, but because it was poorly written and she thinks her viewers are morons and the only moronic thing I did was to keep watching
Erin This this this. It's as if everything that we watched and discussed over was a lie, why? What for? I mean, that's pretty cruel if you ask me. Clearly Brenda Hampton didn't give a sht about the fans from the show that made her show what it was.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:15 PM
Obsessed Fan

At the end of the day, the writers made it pretty clear they didn't care about their audience. They screwed over all the fanbases with that finale.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:22 PM
Master Fan

Though I haven't watched this series since the 3rd season, reading how it all ended is gravely disappointing. The writers didn't even have the decency to give their audience, who have stuck with this crappy show since 2008, proper closure. Brenda Hampton is a hack writer. I feel bad for everyone involved. It was all a waste of time.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:52 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRITS83 (View Post)
At the end of the day, the writers made it pretty clear they didn't care about their audience. They screwed over all the fanbases with that finale.
agreed in this..no one of the fans have the couple they want in the end,even who like omar and adrian,i see as 80% dont like it bc the way he was in the lastest episodes and she so easy back with him (i never like him, so)

Quote:
The finale was awful, don't get me wrong the emotional scene between Ricky and Amy were very well acted but they really managed to make Amy look like a bitch by having her act like she wanted to be married but didn't and decided to tell him THE DAY before the wedding And then on top of that have Ricky admit that he wasn't "in love" with her either. That finale just confirms that BH thinks her audience is really stupid. Anyway, yeah not the happiest post but I knew it would be like this, I'm just glad that it's over and I will never watch any of Brenda's shows again. NOT because Ramy aren't endgame, but because it was poorly written and she thinks her viewers are morons and the only moronic thing I did was to keep watching
same erin..the episode wasnt bad for the end, was the only i like tbh. was bad for lack of creativity, it was poorly written, lazy made it. just my perception but i feel francia and daren in their tweets during the episode, they were feeling as helpless as they knew that the reaction of the fans wasnt going to be favorable.

bye
Old 06-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Master Fan

I just want to say that 'nothing is perfect', 'you can't please all the people', and other such cliches still contain truth for us. The long and the short of it is that whether we watched all five seasons or only a few episodes, we all took away something from this show. I think the fact that we are here now proves that.

Thank you to BH and the writers, and the network and producers, and the wonderful actors who worked together to give us so much to talk about and bond over for all these years.

Thanks to all of you who contributed and opened your minds and hearts here on this board, and mostly to the wonderful mods who took such good care of us all