Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-30-2012, 06:16 PM
Passionate Fan

No worries maganda I just personally believe Daren's emotional scenes are better than Shai's most of the time. I do not believe he is the better actor given that I saw her in the Descendants; also thought she knocked that one scene with Margaret a few weeks back out of the park when she said she didn't have a family anymore. Francia was also pretty good when she lost mercy. IMO Daren is just more consistent when it comes to raw emotional scenes on this show.

But as Bones said it may be the writing, It may be based on the fact that he has gotten more scenes of that nature than her, given the back story of Ricky.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

The way i see it none of these actors are a Meryl Streep where they are THE best all the time. they all have their strengths and their weaknesses as actors.

For example Shai is better at romantic scenes than francia but francia is better at sad scenes (on this show, if we leave the descendants out). NONE of them are on the level where they are the best at everything YET. maybe theyll get there in time, maybe they wont.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea (View Post)
1) Amy shouldn't be giving every excuse in the book to wanting to marry Ricky.

2)Both of them are very insecure in their relationship. I don't think they want out of it but that they are insecure.

3) Ricky has this case of transference going on -- He's hurt/insecure about Amy and feeling like she doesn't want him anymore and taking those feelings and transfering them into feelings of flattery that is given off by Clementine.

I blame both for their problems..
1) Completely agree. Amy is running scared of commitment. She wants it and has fought hard to get it, but she still doesn't feel secure. She's afraid to be vulnerable. She's afraid to be honest.

2) They were doing well, now time passes, troubles arise, things get tense, and bad times come. Life is always ups and downs. They have to make it through the downs with more respect for and trust in each other. It's a learning process. I think all people no matter how strong the relationship have moments of doubt. The trick is living through them without messing things up. But that takes time to learn.

3) Personally I feel like Ricky is being very unreasonable right now. I don't really doubt his feelings, but obviously he is freaking out doubting Amy's. He is putting her under a lot of pressure, and seems to me to be inconsistent. She wants to run away and get married, she's said it over and over. He said he wanted it too, but every time he has nixed it! I really am not blaming Amy for this one. I feel like as much as he committed to her by asking her to marry him, he's not really ready for it. I don't know if the big public wedding is something Ricky needs to feel more secure with the marriage or what. But emotionally, their private vows of commitment should be enough reassurance for them, and if they aren't, then they aren't ready to get married.

Two sides to every story. Takes two to tango. etc It really does take two to make a relationship, there is no other way. And the two have to be in sync. So it isn't even a question of right or wrong, fault or not. It's just a question of both parties making it work.

Old 09-01-2012, 05:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by webinterlude (View Post)
1) Completely agree. Amy is running scared of commitment. She wants it and has fought hard to get it, but she still doesn't feel secure. She's afraid to be vulnerable. She's afraid to be honest.

2) They were doing well, now time passes, troubles arise, things get tense, and bad times come. Life is always ups and downs. They have to make it through the downs with more respect for and trust in each other. It's a learning process. I think all people no matter how strong the relationship have moments of doubt. The trick is living through them without messing things up. But that takes time to learn.

3) Personally I feel like Ricky is being very unreasonable right now. I don't really doubt his feelings, but obviously he is freaking out doubting Amy's. He is putting her under a lot of pressure, and seems to me to be inconsistent. She wants to run away and get married, she's said it over and over. He said he wanted it too, but every time he has nixed it! I really am not blaming Amy for this one. I feel like as much as he committed to her by asking her to marry him, he's not really ready for it. I don't know if the big public wedding is something Ricky needs to feel more secure with the marriage or what. But emotionally, their private vows of commitment should be enough reassurance for them, and if they aren't, then they aren't ready to get married.

Two sides to every story. Takes two to tango. etc It really does take two to make a relationship, there is no other way. And the two have to be in sync. So it isn't even a question of right or wrong, fault or not. It's just a question of both parties making it work.
Web - that post is perfection! Could not agree more.

"Why'd you have to be so cute, it's impossible to ignore you." Icon: Sweet Pea.
Cee Cee
Old 09-01-2012, 06:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Exactly. I completely agree.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:17 PM
Master Fan

Aaah! Tanya and Cee Cee, that's why I feel so at home here! So much emotional support, great discussion, and common interest in relationships and life (as portrayed in Secret Life of course!)

Old 09-02-2012, 05:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Aaah! Tanya and Cee Cee, that's why I feel so at home here! So much emotional support, great discussion, and common interest in relationships and life (as portrayed in Secret Life of course!)
AWWW I know right. I'm very happy for the discussions we go through on here
Old 09-02-2012, 08:24 AM
Passionate Fan

Yea Web I have to agree, as much as the diaglogue on SL can be corny, with them repeating one word god only knows how many times, at the end of the day I've learnt some stuff where relationships are concerned and not just about intimate relationships but things dealing with friendships and family as well. I guess the overall tone of this show is about accepting someone wherever they are in life and allowing them to grow whilst still loving them.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:26 AM
Master Fan

OK, I went back and read more of the ealier posts. Sorry I took so long to even see the episode. A few more thoughts came to my mind.

I agree with the feeling that the episode was weak for a mid season finale. I felt like the Jack incident was a lazy trick to make a finale. Nothing else really happened, and that was from left field. I really don't get it.

Ben is an idiot and no one should listen to him, particularly Amy. I don't know why she bothers to put him straight.
An aside: As it happens, marriage is not a public record. Some are, some are not. In California there is a confidential marriage license which is what you have to get if you don't plan a couple weeks in advance. I know cause I got one. This marriage is not public record. So, it is only ignorance that allows either Ben or Amy to fall for this. As a matter of fact, Amy should know cause she and Ricky must have gotten such a license when they went to that chapel. So conclusion: another lazy ploy from BH.

I'm beginning to think Adrian is better off with Omar. Ben is too whacko for anyone from his past. I like Adrian with Omar even more than the way I liked her with Ben. At that point she was still trying to rub everything in the face of Amy. This relationship does seem to be standing on it's own now, and not to prove any point or compete with anyone. Adrian and sanity, even sensitivity, is refreshing. And I loved seeing Adrian allowing herself to show vulnerability with him.

Slightly interesting was the hint that Nora is into Anne and probably always has been. Could be true, it would make sense if she is that she wouldn't want to her first gay relationship, but if so, couldn't she get another sponsor in the future if that turns out to be awkward? I'm not sure where they are going there and I don't really care.

And finally, chloe. Amazing how fast her salvation, visit to abusive family and return to california child services to be adopted happened. Anyway, obviously Ben is going to get involved here, and maybe she is just the sort of abused/misused/grateful sort of girl he needs. Two messed up people to pair off. Ben is a cheater, he never wants what he has. He wants what he can't have, and that will be his foster sister. I'll be glad if it gets him out of the main storyline.

That's all I can think of right now, breakfast and coffee are calling.

Old 09-02-2012, 10:37 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
An aside: As it happens, marriage is not a public record. Some are, some are not. In California there is a confidential marriage license which is what you have to get if you don't plan a couple weeks in advance. I know cause I got one. This marriage is not public record. So, it is only ignorance that allows either Ben or Amy to fall for this. As a matter of fact, Amy should know cause she and Ricky must have gotten such a license when they went to that chapel. So conclusion: another lazy ploy from BH.
thank you...
That is something that I have wondered since episode 1, where is the marriage license? is also different in each state ...
Quote:
I'm beginning to think Adrian is better off with Omar. Ben is too whacko for anyone from his past. I like Adrian with Omar even more than the way I liked her with Ben. At that point she was still trying to rub everything in the face of Amy. This relationship does seem to be standing on it's own now, and not to prove any point or compete with anyone. Adrian and sanity, even sensitivity, is refreshing. And I loved seeing Adrian allowing herself to show vulnerability with him.
I hate omar...not because I want to adrian with Ben or Ricky or someone
is because it is the worst written for a male character since the beginning ... God! Displays all the characteristics of a macho aggressor, misogynistic, selfish, etc. (which maybe you've seen in other characters before) but just one character.

but Adrian was definitely my character the episode and I'm starting to believe that the whole 5A .. damaged, vulnerable but with this mascara to anyone trample, etc.

Quote:
And finally, chloe. Amazing how fast her salvation, visit to abusive family and return to california child services to be adopted happened. Anyway, obviously Ben is going to get involved here, and maybe she is just the sort of abused/misused/grateful sort of girl he needs. Two messed up people to pair off. Ben is a cheater, he never wants what he has. He wants what he can't have, and that will be his foster sister. I'll be glad if it gets him out of the main storyline.
I still do not buy this story
Spoiler:
Old 09-02-2012, 12:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

That's all I can think of right now, breakfast and coffee are calling.
I think Chloe being 15 years old is on purpose to set her up with Ethan/kathy and make her join the "new class" that brenda keeps foolishly trying to make happen.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones30rockfan (View Post)
I think Chloe being 15 years old is on purpose to set her up with Ethan/kathy and make her join the "new class" that brenda keeps foolishly trying to make happen.
When you got a good thing going! Might not really bother me, as they are linking the new 'young ones' onto the older storyline, so we can follow the original characters past their teenage years!