Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2010, 12:15 PM
Loyal Fan

I was just surfing to find where I can buy One Week online (yep, I'm a bad fan as I've not seen it yet) and came across this quote at- it's old but I've not seen it before. It perfectly sums up Joshua...

Quote:
Ok, I’ll admit it. I’m a Joshua Jackson fan. There’s something so, well, gosh-darned Canadian about him. Maybe it’s the pseudo-self-effacing demeanour overlaid with a sharp but under-stated intellect, barbed with a sardonic sense of humour that is softened by an intrinsic but non-saccharine niceness.

Or maybe it’s the eyes.

Whatever.
He is all those things and more.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:22 PM
Passionate Fan

[QUOTE=alligatoruk]I was just surfing to find where I can buy One Week
[\quote]

Hope you found what you were looking for. The quote just pretty much sums up the awesome person that Josh seems to be.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:16 PM
Loyal Fan

[QUOTE=merica;47807747]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alligatoruk
I was just surfing to find where I can buy One Week
[\quote]

Hope you found what you were looking for. The quote just pretty much sums up the awesome person that Josh seems to be.
Hi Merica, hope you're well

Yep I've managed to get one off Ebay, so I'm looking forward to watching it. I saw some of it on Surfthechannel.com and it was really my type of film - a little unusual but definitely smart and interesting. Within the first half an hour I had cried AND laughed, so can't wait to see the rest.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:20 PM
Passionate Fan

I truly is an amazing movie. Not only is Josh in every scene of it but we get to see lots of Canada which seems to be a charming country. I love the plot so much. We'll talk about it after you've seen it.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:20 AM
Master Fan

This forum discovered the jacket that was worn in this film and how you can get a remake, vintage-feel one of your own!

• View topic - One Week Ben Tyler (Joshua Jackson) Jacket
Old 06-27-2010, 07:39 AM
JoW
Master Fan

Will have to show my dad, he has the same model bike that Josh rode in that movie, and my dad's been to Canada a couple of times so loves the film. Thanks for the link Mandy
Old 07-30-2010, 02:22 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by merica (View Post)
I truly is an amazing movie. Not only is Josh in every scene of it but we get to see lots of Canada which seems to be a charming country. I love the plot so much. We'll talk about it after you've seen it.
Josh is great in his movie. And the Canadian landscape looks beautiful. I've never been to Canada, but would love to visit one day... maybe I should do it before Fringe finishes and go through Vancouver
Old 07-30-2010, 02:23 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seersha (View Post)
Josh is great in his movie. And the Canadian landscape looks beautiful. I've never been to Canada, but would love to visit one day... maybe I should do it before Fringe finishes and go through Vancouver
Good idea, Seersha!
Hopefully there'll be another few years of Fringe to go
Old 08-27-2010, 06:49 AM
Master Fan

I don't know why this didn't air (to my knowledge) on IFC like it was supposed to, but it's going to be on the SUNDANCE channel next month! Check your local listings.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:57 AM
Banned

Mandy, I think the movie was part of the IFC on demand package. my cable company had one week on demand.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:20 AM
Extreme Fan

I finally saw One Week. I enjoyed it.

Netflix has it on "instant play" now if that helps anyone.

My family took an extended road trip across the US recently, so I love road trip movies. Of course the reasons why we took the road trip were not grim, but I can definitely relate to the inspiration of a road trip.

Old 05-01-2011, 10:50 AM
Elite Fan

I wanted to love this movie, but I couldn't. I don't know. I think Josh did great with what was given to him, I just couldn't really wrap my head around the story and the selfish attitude and actions that transpired. I don't know. But I did like seeing Josh in almost somewhat of a solo effort, and he did carry the film and lit up the screen.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Extreme Fan

Looks like alot of people have been viewing this movie based on comments I've seen.

Great to see, because people are seeing another side to what Josh can do, other than his television stuff.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:43 PM
Master Fan

Larissa over on Twitter & Tumblr came across this great cover art for the movie's DVD:

Old 02-19-2012, 10:40 PM
Supreme Fan

Slap my hands and admonish me all you want, but I literally just finished watching this movie for the first time.

There were some real choke me up moments, but not any you'd expect. I loved him singing "Un Canadien Errant". We used to sing that in school all the time -- it's a very sad song. It made me miss Canada in my own way.

The way he kissed The Stanley Cup. He meant that.

When Ben stopped at the monument to one-legged cancer awareness advocate Terry Fox at the spot where Terry had to end his run. That meant a great deal to me because Terry Fox is a recent national hero, and I remember when he had to stop his run because his cancer had returned. It was devastating to all of us. I was honored to have played a small roll in The Terry Fox Movie as a Nova Scotia farm girl only a year after his death.

When Ben passed the "Mile 0" marker on his trip, I smiled a little smile, I felt so happy for him.

Lastly, when Ben's dad left a message that he would take him to the cancer treatment center at Sunnybrook Hospital. That really grabbed my heart because my mum died of her cancer in that very hospital.

I think I was avoiding watching this movie -- and for the most part for the very reasons above. I'm not there anymore and I miss it. It made me a bit more proud to be Canadian.

Thank you, Josh. You spoke to me.

Last edited by Ten My Love; 02-19-2012 at 11:06 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread