Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2015, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Just to let you know the football is going so badly. Yesterdays match was great and their team won so they stayed up in the premier league.

Todays game his team are losing 2-0 and it is a match to see who goes into the premiership. To say that my husband will be disappointed is a gross understatement. My son will really rib him about it when he comes home, which will only make matters worse.
Oh dear. Good luck dealing with the gnashing of teeth.

~Heidi
Old 05-25-2015, 08:10 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Oh dear. Good luck dealing with the gnashing of teeth.
My husband is a very pragmatic person and admits that his team are outclassed on this occasion. It won't help when my son comes home and ribs him about it.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Have to scoot for a bit. My daughter has an interview, but it's local, so shouldn't be too long.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 05-25-2015, 11:17 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Have to scoot for a bit. My daughter has an interview, but it's local, so shouldn't be too long.
Miss ya I am spending the afternoon and evening with friends so probably won't be back on again today - hopefully we might get some Josh pics when I get back on tomorrow
Old 05-26-2015, 06:06 AM
Obsessed Fan

Moving truck comes in 7 days. My room, especially the closet, is turning out to be the big gridlock in the packing. Too many photos, too many memories!

Looking for my Alt-Sis and others here to tell me it's just fine to ditch my wedding photos. Maybe I'll save one of me and some of my family members, because I did look great that day -- but do my kids really want/need an album of their now-divorced parents' wedding day? I think not....
Old 05-26-2015, 06:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by On the Fringe (View Post)
Moving truck comes in 7 days. My room, especially the closet, is turning out to be the big gridlock in the packing. Too many photos, too many memories!

Looking for my Alt-Sis and others here to tell me it's just fine to ditch my wedding photos. Maybe I'll save one of me and some of my family members, because I did look great that day -- but do my kids really want/need an album of their now-divorced parents' wedding day? I think not....
Hey. My only suggestion is that you make sure you keep a couple of you with your Ex for your kids. I am a child of divorce, but I still have the pics from my parent's wedding and now that they are both gone, that means a lot to me. We sometimes have to remember how our kids would feel if they didn't have moments/memories from happier times. My kids were very young when my parents died so they don't really see divorce when they look at those pics, they see my parents on their wedding day in the same church I got married in and where they were christened here in the community they now live in.

They don't necessarily need an album full, but a couple pics wouldn't take up much space and it would give them something to show their kids years from now.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by JJH85; 05-26-2015 at 06:21 AM
Old 05-26-2015, 06:41 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:

They don't necessarily need an album full, but a couple pics wouldn't take up much space and it would give them something to show their kids years from now.

I hope this helps.
You are wise and wonderful -- thanks!
Old 05-26-2015, 06:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by On the Fringe (View Post)
You are wise and wonderful -- thanks!
Glad I could help and I hope that helped you with your decision.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:17 AM
Elite Fan

I will get on with the new Thud thread now that I have some time and a title. Thanks Justyne.

Did you get to see the GOT The Musical sketch done for the American red nose day - it was really funny, as well as the fact that a lot of the cast could actually sing - some not quite so good as the others.
Old 05-26-2015, 09:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I will get on with the new Thud thread now that I have some time and a title. Thanks Justyne.

Did you get to see the GOT The Musical sketch done for the American red nose day - it was really funny, as well as the fact that a lot of the cast could actually sing - some not quite so good as the others.
If there's ever a time you prefer I open a thread, just let me know; however, my laptop is officially dead, so am either on my Tablet or daughter;s laptop which means I may be limited.

I am sorry to say I did not watch that sketch. I'm personally not a fan of spoofs, but I will have a look just so I can say I saw it. I have to go find it though as it is not in this thread.

Old 05-26-2015, 10:05 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
If there's ever a time you prefer I open a thread, just let me know; however, my laptop is officially dead, so am either on my Tablet or daughter;s laptop which means I may be limited.

I am sorry to say I did not watch that sketch. I'm personally not a fan of spoofs, but I will have a look just so I can say I saw it. I have to go find it though as it is not in this thread.
It's not really a spoof - It is a sketch made by the cast of GOT and Coldplay who are big GOT fans. Their drummer was actually performing in the Red Wedding episode.

It's in the Crazy makers thread.

I don't mind opening the threads but would appreciate ideas on the OPs and titles as I am not very imaginative. I got right to the end of the OP for the thud thread and deleted it by mistake so had to start from scratch again. I will do the Josh and Diane one if you like but need help with a title.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It's not really a spoof - It is a sketch made by the cast of GOT and Coldplay who are big GOT fans. Their drummer was actually performing in the Red Wedding episode.

It's in the Crazy makers thread.

I don't mind opening the threads but would appreciate ideas on the OPs and titles as I am not very imaginative. I got right to the end of the OP for the thud thread and deleted it by mistake so had to start from scratch again. I will do the Josh and Diane one if you like but need help with a title.
Thanks, I'll go look for that now.

And thanks on the rest.

Old 05-26-2015, 01:19 PM
Elite Fan

Going to watch GOT now.
Old 05-26-2015, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Tuesday night which means I have to head out. Back on later.

Old 05-26-2015, 03:31 PM
Elite Fan

Going to bed soon.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread