Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2005, 08:02 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Jaycee!
Old 01-28-2005, 05:27 AM
Loyal Fan

My pleasure!

I forgot to mention the response at the end of the play when Josh and Patrick came back on. The clapping was loud and appreciative, there was whistling, and lots of people stood up to applaud as well. It was lovely to see Josh and Patrick on stage, standing there smiling and laughing and bowing. They went off and then came back on a second time. After a bit, I saw Josh say to Patrick, 'one more time' and they bowed once more and walked off stage. Josh gave deference to Patrick to let him walk ahead of him, but Patrick indicated that Josh go ahead which he did. It was great. I'm glad they get on so well.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:37 AM
Total Fan

Thanks for sharing that Jaycee!

I went to see it last night, and it was really good! The best part... Josh naked But obviously his performance is the most important thing, the play really made you think -- but, Josh naked!

I have booked a ticket for the last night!!! And, I'm in row C! So I'll be 3 rows away from Josh!! I am so excited!

I do have one picture of Josh and Patrick that I'll post later, but you can't see Josh very well as it took me ages to find my camera in my bag *note to self, next time, take a smaller bag!* He was waving to the audience, so his hand half covers his face, but you can still see it's him!

I hope everyone who went/is going to see it, loves it as much as we did!!

Lorna
Old 01-30-2005, 09:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

Just got back from London today and saw the play on Friday night. The play was brilliant and both Josh and Patrick where funny. I liked the way they chose to act the play. You can really tell that they get on well. I had brilliant seats 3 rows from the front and had a great view of both Patrick and Josh in various stages of undress ( wasn't expecting that but totally loved it ). I also loved the scenes already mentioned but my favourite one involved Josh, a window and 'autumn' (don't want to give too much away but I still laugh thinking about that scene)

Would definitely go see the play again and hope anyone who has the chance to see it enjoys it as much as I did. They both got a brilliant reception at the end too and Josh did not seem at all nervous. I took a picture at the end but it didn't work out too well so I'll have to make do with my lovely pictures available in the programme!
Joey: Well, if it's of the spontaneous variety.
Old 01-30-2005, 12:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hey guys,

thank you for all the updates. I have a question, it may sound stupid but I'm confused. I know the play already started last January 27th and it will run until April (I stand corrected) but what is on February 2nd?

Thanks.
Old 01-30-2005, 12:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

February 2nd is when the previews end and the play opens officially. I think there is a press thingie that night too?
Joey: Well, if it's of the spontaneous variety.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:03 PM
Master Fan

Helen from ************************, was able to attend the play, and let us post her review on J-J.net. She also too some amazing pictures of Josh and Patrick from the outside theatre marquee.

Thanks, Helen!

Read Review

Old 01-30-2005, 10:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thank you cocopop.

Thank you guys for all the reviews and all. I wish I could watch the play too.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

That marquee picture is amazing! Josh looks fantastic.

I'm very excited by all the positive fan reviews that I've read so far. I'm really hoping the critics ones are just as lovely!
Old 01-31-2005, 02:18 AM
New Fan

Just have to echo the comments everyone else has made about the play.....it really is great....and Josh and Patrick worked really well together! They both have great comic timing and there were lots of laugh out loud moments!

I went to the matinee on Saturday afternoon and I was lucky enough to meet Josh and get his autograph outside afterwards so I was extremely happy about that! The poor guy got mobbed though - there were probably thirty people outside, including loads of professional autograph hunters and I really didn't think I was going to get near. But I didn't give up hope and by the time I got to Josh the crowd had thinned out quite a bit so I was able to get a little more one to one attention!! I got a lovely smile when I told him how much I'd enjoyed the play.......am picturing it now and smiling at the thought!!!

Anyway I hope those of you who haven't seen it yet have a really great time when you go. And if you haven't got tickets yet.....what are you waiting for........you just can't afford to miss it!!!

Clare
Old 01-31-2005, 10:22 AM
Master Fan

Such a great view of the marquee. Just makes me wish I could see this play. Thanks to everyone who has submitted a review. I can see in my head the actions of both Josh and Patrick.

Wouldn't it be great if they showed the play on TV (like PBS or something)? That would be a dream.

Ali******Avi by *Angie*
Goodbye One Tree Hill
Old 01-31-2005, 11:27 AM
Total Fan

That is so cool that you actually got to meet him Clare!! I'm very jealous!

Ok, here's my one and only pic of Josh in the flesh...

I've got it as my wallpaper and it's even clearer big!! I have ones of the outside of the theatre, but they aren't uploaded yet.

Lorna
Old 01-31-2005, 12:15 PM
Master Fan

Congrats on meeting Josh, Clare! I'm glad you had a chance, given the tons of people that were all around you. *eek*

What a cute shot of Josh and Patrick on stage, Lorna! Hee! Would you mind if I posted those on the site? I'm sure those'll be rare shots, indeed.

Just think, this has only bee the week of previews! So many people can still check out the play for 12 more weeks. Madness!
Old 01-31-2005, 05:50 PM
Absolute Fan

Wow, those are amazing reviews and pictures. I only wish I lived in London to get the chance to see Josh's stage debut. It's cool to hear he doing such a great job in the role. As if we expected any less, he is a superb actor. Thanks for sharing everyone, keep them coming!

Clare - Glad you got the chance to get your playbill signed and meet Josh after the show.

Ang
Old 01-31-2005, 09:34 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by clare1981
those of you who haven't seen it yet have a really great time when you go. And if you haven't got tickets yet.....what are you waiting for........you just can't afford to miss it!!!

Clare

I only WISH it would make its way across the pond!!! Just read Helen's review... nicely done!! Am dying to know what the line in the play was that had the Dawson's Creek reference?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread