Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2005, 11:41 AM
New Fan

Hey there everyone, I am new to this board But I can tell everybody is really excited about 'A life in the theatre'... And YES, so am I Maybe I can help some of you out...
I called for tickets just a week ago, and there were still quite a lot of them available... So for those that still haven't got tickets, I think you can still get them!
I'm sitting on the third row, and the lady on the phone said we would be so close to the stage that we would be able to lick Joshua Jackson...
I'm already dreaming away
Old 01-13-2005, 09:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesje
I'm sitting on the third row, and the lady on the phone said we would be so close to the stage that we would be able to lick Joshua Jackson...
I'm already dreaming away
Hi Liesje

I'm so happy that you got tickets too. Which row number are you as I am pretty close to the front and if you can lick Josh from your seat........
Joey: Well, if it's of the spontaneous variety.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:59 AM
New Fan

Hey cocopop,
Unfortunately I don't know my exact row number yet
The tickets have to be send to me, but as soon as I get them I'll let you know
But I think it's safe to say that all the front rows are pretty good seats, so if you wonna start dreaming away...
When are you going?
Old 01-13-2005, 01:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesje

When are you going?
I am going Friday 28th which is the second night. Can't wait
Old 01-15-2005, 03:41 PM
Total Fan

I'm going to see him on the 29th -- the first Saturday -- with my best friends! I am sooooo excited! I've never seen anyone famous in a play before!! I cant wait!

Lorna
Old 01-17-2005, 05:55 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorna
I'm going to see him on the 29th -- the first Saturday -- with my best friends! I am sooooo excited! I've never seen anyone famous in a play before!! I cant wait!

Lorna
Hope you enjoy the show. I think with your night being the first Saturday the atmosphere will be amazing. I am hoping as my night is one of the first it will have the same feel
Old 01-18-2005, 04:02 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Mia~
I already have the tickets for the play! I was planning on going the weekend of the 18, but I found out I have exms the next week, so I had to change it to the first week of february, so we ended up buying tickets for the 4th of february!

Hey Mia!
Me and my hubbie are going on the 4th February, too.
Would be nice meeting you at the stage door...

C U,
Old 01-19-2005, 04:30 PM
Master Fan

There are new promo photos for the play:

He 's that gray coat.
Old 01-20-2005, 02:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

Just saw those pics this morning and they are great

My desktop has some new images now in honour of the upcoming play.

8 days and counting.........
Old 01-20-2005, 08:38 AM
Master Fan

I only just moved to London from Australia, and I want to go - but I really only know my boyfriend and his friends... and I don't really wanna go with them

Will it be funny if I attend on my own?#
Do you think we'd get to meet him after the show? (I know I know - keep dreaming!)
Old 01-21-2005, 03:48 AM
New Fan

Hi all.

I'm going to the matinee on Saturday 29th and I am so excited already! The next week is just going to be torture.

Aussie bubbles - I don't think it would be problem going on your own and you're very welcome to join me and my friend at the stage door (before and after the play!) if you come that day! I am planning on heading over to Australia in September for about 8 months so maybe you can give me some advice on that while we are waiting for Josh!!

You might also want to try the TKTS booth on Leicester Square as you can get half price tickets on the day of the show and if you're only looking for a single ticket you might even get one near the front!

If anyone is interested in meeting up on the 29th at the Apollo please pm me.

Cheers
Clare
Old 01-21-2005, 06:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by clare1981
Hi all.

I'm going to the matinee on Saturday 29th and I am so excited already! The next week is just going to be torture.

Aussie bubbles - I don't think it would be problem going on your own and you're very welcome to join me and my friend at the stage door (before and after the play!) if you come that day! I am planning on heading over to Australia in September for about 8 months so maybe you can give me some advice on that while we are waiting for Josh!!

You might also want to try the TKTS booth on Leicester Square as you can get half price tickets on the day of the show and if you're only looking for a single ticket you might even get one near the front!

If anyone is interested in meeting up on the 29th at the Apollo please pm me.

Cheers
Clare
Oh really? I will be in Ireland that weekend! Damn!

Thanks for the info on the cheap tix!
I think I may go the first weekend of Feb.

Fell free to PM or email me (nadene_81@hotmail.com) with any querys you have about going to Australia! You'll LOVE it there!
Old 01-21-2005, 06:14 AM
New Fan

Just thought I would let you all know one of the best places to get tickets is via www.ticketmaster.co.uk. Through this site you can pick your seat numbers. I understand that the stage is really tall at the Apollo Theatre so you are best not to get too near to the front, as you won't have a good view (Row D backwards is the best closest view).

Visit theatremonkey.com who tell you which seats have the best views, which are okay and which should be avoided. I would hate anyone to get to the show and not be able to see - probably as it's all our only chance to get so close to Josh!
Old 01-21-2005, 06:30 AM
New Fan

Thanks very much for the info about Theatre Monkey - that's a great site and luckily I'm in row E so won't get neck strain

And just wanted to add to my earlier comment about TKTS - tickets for each show aren't guaranteed to be available - it just depends on what is left on that particular day. However if you are looking for a single ticket - I imagine availability is pretty good!
Old 01-27-2005, 06:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Hi Clare! Remember me? We were one of a very few who waited for Josh after the Graham Norton show! How are you, girl?!!!

Aussie bubbles I went on my own tonight. And I wasn't the only one so don't worry about it! I'm also going on my own on Feb 5th.

Merica! I have press tickets for the 4th of Feb! So I will see you there!

Anyway, here's my Josh experiennce - or rather lack of it, after the show tonight! I'm just going to cut and paste it in.

The play was great! Really funny! I'll enjoy seeing it again. I think Josh was excellent and I saw no signs of the nerves he mentioned 2 days ago. You get to see him half naked, too. Seriously. But that’s neither here nor there, of course. It’s his acting ability that’s most important. Ahem! He was good, with great comedic timing. Patrick was excellent too, of course. He pulls those emotions of sadness, pity and amusement out of you with ease.
I don't know if you our American friends will be able to get it on tape or anything like that later. I'm sure you'd like it.

Unfortunately, I have no pics. Maybe someone else got lucky. Josh and Patrick sneaked out the front! I didn't mind so much really, but I did have backache from standing and waiting for an hour and a half. A couple of people were miffed, one woman in particular, and complaining that it's 'us fans that got them where they are, how rude, cruel, blah, blah, blah.'

What happened was a little while after the play ended, Patrick Stewart or maybe both him and Josh appeared, but only to wave and go back in. They didn't come right outside so I couldn't see them. I just saw flashing cameras from the owners at the front right near the backstage door. Then a bit later a woman comes out to tell us that it'll be another hour before they come out and that it was up to us if we wanted to wait. Some people left but the majority of us stayed, as we thought it might be ploy to get rid of as many of us as possible before they came out! A while later they bring the barriers to the door and there's a car that sidles up and looks as if it's waiting for them. But the car drives off after a bit and by about 10.45 or so the security guy comes out to tell us that they've gone. Sneaked out the front!
But that's okay, I can catch them next time.
I should have run with my instincts, though. There was a group of 4 people near me, and after eavesdropping on their conversation it turns out one of the guys knows a girl who works inside, so his friend asks him to find out from her what's happening. He disappears and when he comes back he mutters something about Stewart that I can't quite catch but also that Josh is having a party with his friends. I’d planned to stick close to them but unfortunately, I didn't notice when these people disappeared because I'm sure they were tipped off by the guy's friend that Josh would be leaving via the front entrance and they sure as hell didn't tip the rest of us off! The backstage door is right round the corner from the theatre on a little side road and cars kept going up and down, especially taxi cabs. We kept having to move out of the way and there was this one rude cab guy who kept going round and coming down this road obviously annoyed by these fans obstructing the road and he’s come round with a mean look on his face and kept driving close enough to brush the side of his cab against some of us as if he wanted to run us over! There was a gay club down the road so I suppose he was looking for fares. It was funny in a way because as soon as we saw him we’d try to scatter and he kept coming round! Various gay giys would come over and ask who we were waiting for. Very few knew who Josh was, but seemed to like Patrick Stewart.

After we were told that Josh and Patrick had gone we lingered a little longer. The security guy was very chatty and some other guy connected with the theatre came out and talked to us. He assured us it wasn’t a trick, they really had gone, was saying that whether actors came out to see the fans was totally up to the actors themselves, that today had been a long busy day of meetings and that was probably why they’d ducked out on us. Something like that. Some actors, like Jason Priestley, would get freaked by so many fans and wouldn’t want to come out, but that Josh and Patrick probably would on another day. He told us that Patrick would NOT sign anything to do with Star Trek, though! Hee!