Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2017, 05:30 PM
Extreme Fan

His hair looks pretty short in that instagram. It was longer in Smart People.
Old 06-07-2017, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy K (View Post)
His hair looks pretty short in that instagram. It was longer in Smart People.
I thought maybe it was just pushed back, but maybe it is shorter. Can't wait for the next pic.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 06-08-2017, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Joshua Jackson fronts campaign to save oceans

Joshua Jackson is Helping to Save the Oceans & Feed the World (Video) | Joshua Jackson : Just Jared

Quote:

Check out Joshua‘s Q&A about his work and favorite ocean memories below.

Q: What drew you to ocean conservation?

A: “The oceans were an ever-present part of my childhood in Vancouver. Plus, the culture of the city is geared towards environmentalism and conservation; it just seemed natural to want to preserve the beauty we were surrounded with.”

Q: You joined Oceana in San Juan Island to watch the Southern Resident killer whales. What about the orcas particularly resonated with you?

A: “I remember seeing orcas in the waters of the Georgia Straight (the Canadian side of the San Juan Islands), and these specific orcas are likely part of some of my best childhood memories. As I learned more about the Southern Residents, I was struck by just how delicate and interconnected even seemingly vast ecosystems are. And how profound the unintended consequences of tinkering with any link in that chain can be.”

Q: What’s your favorite ocean memory?

A: “Since we’re on the topic of orcas – watching an orca breach about 50 yards off the bow of a boat I was working on just after the crack of dawn. It took my breath away to see the power and the grace that these animals have. The average person might only rarely glimpse the amazing world under the waves.”

Q: What is one thing you would encourage our readers to do to connect more deeply with the vibrant species and habitats of our world’s oceans?

A: “If you don’t have access to the water, there are so many amazing documentaries that can give you a glimpse into that world. Start there just to spark your imagination. If you do have access to the water, snorkeling is a good start. And if you’re willing to spend a little time and money, I highly recommend scuba diving. Even in shallow waters you will be transformed by the experience of entering into a different world that has existed right before your eyes.”
https://globenewswire.com/news-relea...the-World.html

http://etcanada.com/news/231896/cana...ld-oceans-day/

Last edited by JJH85; 06-08-2017 at 04:17 PM
Old 06-12-2017, 12:50 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for finding and sharing the articles and video.

One of the biggest dangers in the oceans and seas are minute pieces of plastic including those used in cosmetics. I heard recently about this and didn't realise that such things could get so easily into the food chain not only in the sea but in fertiliser on the land.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know, that part really bothers me. I think as a society we create way toooooo much waste. I wish Government would do something to decrease that in some way.

But that is getting OT, so I won't continue.

This is an Article I came across on Twitter, but it's in Italian. If someone can summarize for us, that would be great.

http://moviemagazine.it/joshua-jackson-dawsons-creek/

Last edited by JJH85; 06-12-2017 at 05:27 PM
Old 06-13-2017, 05:29 AM
Passionate Fan

https://twitter.com/TreshelleEdmond/...93393316503552

Treshelle‏Verified account @TreshelleEdmond 14h14 hours ago
Great day at rehearsal. And next...dinner with ...������������������
#coalg #btg #Lydia #asl #love

Last edited by JJH85; 06-13-2017 at 05:36 AM
Old 06-13-2017, 05:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So now we know who actually took this pic.

Treshelle‏
Verified account
*@TreshelleEdmond May 30
On break!! our first half of the day rehearsal is going fantastic #ChildrenOfTheLesserGod #COALG #BTG

Old 06-13-2017, 03:01 PM
Elite Fan

Hoping for some more news about the play rehearsals.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

How about this for a little news. I'm going to dig deeper into the Josh Nomination and will post once I uncover anything. I love how they say "obviously Joshua Jackson"

TV Guide‏
Verified account
*@TVGuide 1h
The #Emmys could be a potential #DawsonsCreek reunion Emmys: 9 Things We Learned From the Ballots - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Quote:
4. The Emmys could be a potential Dawson's Creek reunion: Obviously Joshua Jackson (The Affair), Katie Holmes (The Kennedys -- After Camelot) and Busy Philipps (Vice Principals) are submitted, but blink and you might miss Philipps' BFF IRL on the ballot. That's right, Michelle Williams is in the limited series/TV movie lead actress category (the same as Holmes) for Suite Francaise. WTF is that, you ask? Well, it was a Harvey Weinstein potential Oscar player from a few years back that quietly got Grace of Monaco'd to Lifetime last month.

EDIT

The Submissions have been Posted and Josh was submitted along with a few episodes of The Affair. I will post those in The Affair Thread.

Last edited by JJH85; 06-13-2017 at 05:19 PM
Old 06-14-2017, 03:50 AM
Passionate Fan

The person who wrote the article (TV Guide's Joyce Eng) is a very big Mighty Ducks fan and tweets regularly on Quack Attack Podcast. So yeah, she's a little biased towards Josh.

https://twitter.com/joyceeng61
Old 06-14-2017, 04:37 AM
Extreme Fan

Sigh, he's submitted every year, but that doesn't mean he'll make it to the nominations. I wish, and I think he's deserved one every season of the Affair, but supporting male is such a crowded category. I bet only Maura Tierney makes it this year, again. The voters seem to get stuck in ruts. And it is peak TV or something.

I'm sure the other nominees are/will be great, I just really wish Josh would get recognized for his excellent work. He's SO good on the Affair.
Old 06-14-2017, 05:20 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
He's SO good on the Affair.
In the few scenes/episodes that he's shown in, lol. Season 3 would have been so much better if they removed or limited the French lady's scenes and used that time for Cole and Alison.
Old 06-14-2017, 06:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Sigh, he's submitted every year, but that doesn't mean he'll make it to the nominations. I wish, and I think he's deserved one every season of the Affair, but supporting male is such a crowded category. I bet only Maura Tierney makes it this year, again. The voters seem to get stuck in ruts. And it is peak TV or something.

I'm sure the other nominees are/will be great, I just really wish Josh would get recognized for his excellent work. He's SO good on the Affair.
I didn't think he was on the submissions list last year but I could be wrong.

And I agree that it's a long list of actors, so very tough to get through.

Old 06-15-2017, 11:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

Here he is with all the cast and the playwright too:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVXTYDxgmoJ/
Old 06-15-2017, 02:45 PM
Elite Fan

What a lovely pic. It's great to see actors of different races and sizes instead of the usual Hollywood types. Is it shallow to add that Josh looks gorgeous in the pic?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread