Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2013, 10:58 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alligatoruk (View Post)
Sorry, I know it's Off Topic, but did anyone watch The Bridge and was it any good? Wonder if we'll get it in the UK? If it's good I might view online.
I thought it was great, Sonya is someone you'll get to warm up to, i think, i felt sorry for Diane because i saw a bunch of people on twitter being like 'she's such a terrible actress, so awkward' and stuff like that because they don't know that her character suffer from Asperger's. But I hope they'll warm up to her. I really liked her character and also Damien's. And the storyline is pretty good and solid.

The Bridge's official twitter tweeted "Retweet this if you enjoyed The Bridge" and Josh retweeted it
Old 07-11-2013, 12:00 PM
Master Fan

I thought it was great, too. It's getting a great response and a lot of great reviews. I love to watch scripted TV and I'm glad to have a new show to watch on Wednesdays!

I told Josh the same and he Tweeted me back:
Quote:
@VancityJax Fantastic episode of #TheBridgeFX! I think I've found a new show to watch on Wednesdays!

Josh Jackson ‏@VancityJax 10m

@JoshJacksonNet thank you, as always, Mandy.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks - I watch these detective shows, so I'll probably give it a go.

I guess the Aspergers will add a different element to it - although, that said a lot of these shows are using 'quirks' these days, like Bones, Hannibal (Will Graham I mean, obvs Hannibal's tendancies are a bit more than quirks!) and Elementary. A flawed character is more interesting I suppose.

I think possibly though it will mean Diane will come across as a little cold, which is something people throw at her in real life too, so that might not win her any fans. Personally, I think she's just honest!

I've just watched the trailer and I'm already coveting her jacket!

Anyway, Josh is re-tweeting like mad all the articles about the show or people that mention it (Mandy just got a thank you!), so hopefully that will encourage his fans to watch at least.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy (View Post)
I thought it was great, too. It's getting a great response and a lot of great reviews. I love to watch scripted TV and I'm glad to have a new show to watch on Wednesdays!

Yeah I saw he tweeted you back, that was so sweet

Besides cause Diane's in it, I was hooked because the creators of Cold Case are involved and Cold Case was one of my favorite shows.
Also, I just read an interview with Diane in which she said there's not gonna be a romantic storyline for Sonya and Marco, which i think it's great cause not all stories need romance, and i'm glad they're gonna focus on the murders.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:50 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy (View Post)

I saw that! So cool!

I enjoyed The Bridge. It has the potential to become a great series
Old 07-15-2013, 02:22 AM
Passionate Fan

I like how Josh is using a picture of Trayvon Martin as his Twitter avatar (#nojustice) and also mentioned Corey Monteith's untimely death (#nosense) today in his twitter.

https://twitter.com/VancityJax/statu...93420086685696
Old 07-15-2013, 12:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Just reading up on the Trayvon Martin case (sorry, not known over here in UK - or if it is this ignoramous missed it).

I bet that caused a lot of controversy in the States between the liberals and the 'right to bear arms' people. Personally, I'm against people being allowed to carry guns around, especially handguns because it's not like they're for hunting. I don't know the specifics of this case so I can't comment but if there were no weapons being carried (by either), then it probably would've ended up in a scuffle rather than death.

I presume Josh being a liberal kind of guy is backing the Trayvon side of the case.

The world scares me so much these days.

I was surprised (and disappointed) by Josh's tweet about Cory Montieth with the hashtag #nosense - I'm presuming he means the guy had no sense being involved with drugs etc but addiction is a tough thing, so I don't think people not affected by it can be so flippant.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by alligatoruk (View Post)

I was surprised (and disappointed) by Josh's tweet about Cory Montieth with the hashtag #nosense - I'm presuming he means the guy had no sense being involved with drugs etc but addiction is a tough thing, so I don't think people not affected by it can be so flippant.
I think what he meant was that the verdict made no sense.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Well said maa47. That was what I was trying to say, but you said it so much better than me.

Last edited by aussiechic; 07-15-2013 at 04:48 PM
Old 07-15-2013, 03:14 PM
Loyal Fan

I took his hashtags to mean that in the Trayvon Martin case, there was no justice and in the sad passing of Cory Montieth, dying so young made no sense.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:50 PM
Master Fan

That's how I saw his post, too, maa. That his death made no sense and that it shouldn't have happened.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:30 AM
Supreme Fan

It was very kind of Josh to tweet about Cory's death. Honestly, I still can't believe it and I didn't watch Glee, nor did I really follow Cory's career. I'm struck by what a terrible loss it is.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:21 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maa47 (View Post)
I took his hashtags to mean that in the Trayvon Martin case, there was no justice and in the sad passing of Cory Montieth, dying so young made no sense.
Oh right, yes that does make more sense. That was why I was disappointed because it seemed so un-Josh like to be mean about someone. I hold him in high regard for his sense of morality.

I think Josh will always be straight with his thoughts and feelings about something (he doesn't sit on the fence) but I get the sense he would put thought into what he says and would never be mean spirited, even in criticism. (I couldn't love him more is what I'm saying LOL!)

It's very easy to misconstrue someone if they only have 140 characters to make a point!
Old 07-16-2013, 04:15 PM
Passionate Fan

Josh w/ Cory and his girlfriend Lea Michelle in 2009

Old 07-16-2013, 06:55 PM
Master Fan

That's really sad what happened to that guy He was so young and apparently really talented too, i never watched Glee but he seemed like a sweet guy.