Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2016, 05:36 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letgo (View Post)
As much as i love Luisa, i really want Cole and Alison to end up together.

I just feel like they are destined to be together.

Maybe that's what Sarah Treem wants to portrait: whatever you go through as a couple, in the end you find each other again.

It could be too naive of her for thinking that, but maybe that's how she sees her own marriage.
I honestly want that too, but from a TV writers perspective, IMO, that would be boring - a cop out ending.

As Josh said, there are no happy endings or heroes on this show.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:43 AM
Extreme Fan

I don't want Alison and Cole back together - Cole's been doing the hard work of mourning and growing while Alison has been stuck in her endless cycles of misery. I hope they can be friends, but in love again? Cole deserves better. Luisa actually talks to him, challenges him.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy K (View Post)
I don't want Alison and Cole back together - Cole's been doing the hard work of mourning and growing while Alison has been stuck in her endless cycles of misery. I hope they can be friends, but in love again? Cole deserves better. Luisa actually talks to him, challenges him.
Very true. Luisa forces him to reveal what's going on internally, and he seems to need someone doing that if he's ever going to talk about his own feelings.

Alison cares only about her own feelings. Not sure if that comes from the loss of her child or if she was always like that. I really wish we had seen some of the Alison/Cole dynamic before the loss of their son, it's hard to tell if Alison had a big personality change or if that's just who she is.
Old 10-25-2016, 09:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracydeanne1 (View Post)
Very true. Luisa forces him to reveal what's going on internally, and he seems to need someone doing that if he's ever going to talk about his own feelings.

Alison cares only about her own feelings. Not sure if that comes from the loss of her child or if she was always like that. I really wish we had seen some of the Alison/Cole dynamic before the loss of their son, it's hard to tell if Alison had a big personality change or if that's just who she is.
I think the differences between Alison and Cole is that Alison is able to show everyone her own feelings even if she only thinks about her feelings sometimes, while Cole always keeps everything for himself and this attitude is damaging for him first and then for everyone around him who try to understand him. His "silence" is also one of the causes of the end of his marriage with Alison and i think Josh said that too when S1 aired.

I don't know if Cole's marriage with Luisa will last or not, but i like Luisa because she is able to challenge Cole and when she does Cole reacts badly. This clearly means that he needs to talk about his feelings with someone but so far he always acted like everything is fine for him.
Old 10-25-2016, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't want Cole and Alison to end up together either. And I don't think that was Sarah's initial intention. She was very set on this whole "love story" between Alison and Noah and often said they were in love, so if anyone gets black together, it's likely Alison and Noah unless Sarah gives up that plan based on all of the negative reactions to Noah and she makes Cole the focus. I might be on board then with a Cole/Alison endgame.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 10-25-2016, 10:50 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I don't want Cole and Alison to end up together either. And I don't think that was Sarah's initial intention. She was very set on this whole "love story" between Alison and Noah and often said they were in love, so if anyone gets black together, it's likely Alison and Noah unless Sarah gives up that plan based on all of the negative reactions to Noah and she makes Cole the focus. I might be on board then with a Cole/Alison endgame.
I think it's very hard to know Sarah's plans. Apparently she is going to make Noah likeable to everyone, so...who knows. Anyway i also can see a Cole/Alison endgame if Sarah focused more on Cole, and she doesn't necessary need to ignore Noah to do that.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Focussing more on Cole would be awesome.

Old 10-26-2016, 12:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade86 (View Post)
I don't know if Cole's marriage with Luisa will last or not, but i like Luisa because she is able to challenge Cole and when she does Cole reacts badly. This clearly means that he needs to talk about his feelings with someone but so far he always acted like everything is fine for him.
And this is why I don´t have much hope in Cole/Luisa marriage. When this man is already in bad mood, then challenging him, yelling at him and talking to him about his flaws doesn´t help.

Last time Cole/Luisa had a fight and Luisa challenged him, Cole got drunk and burnt his house down! - not good.

In S3 promos Luisa is not exactly calm and cool, is yelling again...

Cole/Alison relationship is not my favorite, but maybe if Alison becomes again the cool yoga-chick that she was in S2E6 then they might work somehow, they have a kid together after all.

Hm, maybe Cole should do some yoga - it might help him.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

There was a lot more at play than an argument with Luisa when Cole burnt down the house. It was about Gabriel and getting rid of his past memories and the fight with Luisa just brought it all to the surface.

Old 10-26-2016, 07:27 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
There was a lot more at play than an argument with Luisa when Cole burnt down the house. It was about Gabriel and getting rid of his past memories and the fight with Luisa just brought it all to the surface.
You are right. We'll see if burning a house down has been enough to get rid of his past memories, since this season is going to be about the four characters dealing with their past. It's going to be interesting.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:33 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Yes, plus she told him that she can´t have babies- and that news made Cole really upset.

What I meant, the way Luisa was talking to him after that - "The world doesn´t revolve aroud your pain", "Anything that goes wrong in your life you blame someone else" etc- true words, but maybe too harsh for that particular moment .

I understand she was angry and he wasn´t exactly behaving like a gentleman either. But maybe if she were more diplomatic then maybe the house would´ve survived?

I wonder what kind of Cole/Luisa dynamic will be in S3. Judging by promos there will be more fights.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:02 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki-jasmine (View Post)
Yes, plus she told him that she can´t have babies- and that news made Cole really upset.

What I meant, the way Luisa was talking to him after that - "The world doesn´t revolve aroud your pain", "Anything that goes wrong in your life you blame someone else" etc- true words, but maybe too harsh for that particular moment .

I understand she was angry and he wasn´t exactly behaving like a gentleman either. But maybe if she were more diplomatic then maybe the house would´ve survived?

I wonder what kind of Cole/Luisa dynamic will be in S3. Judging by promos there will be more fights.
Well i think Cole deserved that threatement. A weeping, sad Luisa told him why she couldn't have babies and he didn't respect her feelings. In that moment he only cared about his feelings. I would have reacted like Luisa, probably.
Old 10-26-2016, 01:10 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki-jasmine (View Post)

Cole and Luisa look pretty happy for most of the scenes, Luisa is yelling at Alison and upset that Cole would want Alison to keep flitting in and out of Joanie's life.

I don't think Luisa was unduly harsh. Cole needed the wake up. He was the one saying those hurtful things to her and ignoring her. She revealed something important and heartbreaking to her and he just went on about that ridiculous nonsensical curse. It's on him to not get super drunk and set the house on fire, not on her for speaking up for herself.
Old 11-06-2016, 05:01 AM
Passionate Fan

please add me here!!!
Old 11-06-2016, 10:00 AM
Elite Fan

I think one of the main differences between Cole's two marriages is that he and Alison met when they were very young and obviously drifted into a partnership where Cole was the dominant one and it was only with the death of their child and subsequently with Alison's relationship with Noah, that she started to wake up to the idea of having some say in her life - even if some of her decisions were questionable.

With Luisa and Cole they met as adults and so their relationship was more of an equal partnership from the start. Luisa isn't afraid to stand up to Cole on all subjects, even one's that are painful to him! Whether Cole will accept this new sort of relationship, time will tell, but it will be a bumpy ride whatever!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread